[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/s purest modern kinography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 1461184427134.jpg (1 MB, 1656x2514) Image search: [Google]
1461184427134.jpg
1 MB, 1656x2514
/tv/s purest modern kinography
>>
>I like colors
>>
>>68691839
you'll love suicide squad.
>>
File: GodsNotDead2Poster.jpg (72 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
GodsNotDead2Poster.jpg
72 KB, 600x400
>>68691656
for got this
>>
>>68691980
SAD
>>
this better be ironic
>>
>>68691656 (OP)
I want to spit on your fucking face for putting Spring Breakers, OGF, Enter the Void, & The Tree of Life next to that trash capeshit. The people who originally defended that movie were baiting. You better be too, asshole.
>>
>>68691656
All of those except for BvS and Noah are legitimately great films, fuck you plebs.
>>
>>68691656
>the tree of life amongst all that trash
>>
>Tree of Life among that shit

Terry is displeased.
>>
>>68693175
>implying BvS isnt the finest kino
someone steal your birthday, friend?
>>
>>68693273
quality memeing my good man

well done
>>
>>68693175
wew lad, you're getting your pleb all over the place
>>
>>68693319
thx ;)
>>
I think Noah was actually really great and overlooked.
>>
>No one defending Inherent Vice
Tree of Life is the best on that chart, and Spring Breakers is good in a dirty, entertaining, Harmony Korine way. Inherent Vice is amazing though, and is the only thing on that chart to come close to ToL
>>
>>68691656
I agree if you take noah out, it's genuinely a bad movie, it doesn't even have nice visuals like some of the others, antichrist is also the worst lars von trier movie
>>68691839
antichrist is not colorful
>>
>>68696398
I debated putting Melancholia on there instead of Antichrist, but I think Antichrist fits the theme of the list better.

I stand by Noah though.
>>
>>68693210
half of those movies are better than terrence's malick jerking off for 2 hours the movie
>>
>>68693175
nice try marvel shill
>>
>>68691656
very inconsistent and subjective chart.
I guess it's better than most people's taste in here tho..
>>
>>68696647
Are people actually so unwilling to put thought into interpreting a movie that they right it off as this? Who gives a fuck if you don't like it, Malick is sincere in his films and calling it pretentious just makes you look dumb
>>
>>68696773
I'm not saying it is a bad movie, I'm just saying that mallick has done movies with more thought and better overall movies, though tree of life is the most "mallick" movie so to say. He basically masturbated to himself for like 2 hours
>>
>>68696217
Man, between There Will Be Blood, The Master, and Inherent Vice, it's really hard to choose just one PTA. But I feel like while The Master is the most powerful, it wavers as it begins to end, and TWBB is perfection but is hollow (which isn't a bad thing, it just lacks impact imo). So, and maybe it's thanks to Pyncheon, I'd have to pick Inherent Vice as well
>>
>>68696217
why would I defend it? this an honest, most of the movies there are actually good, my only doubts are mainly with Noah and Antichrist
>>
knight of cups def fits on there better than tree of life

i never saw noah but i'd switch it with lucy
>>
>>68696733
If you think anything besides Noah in that chart is bad, you're pleb. The chart maybe should be renamed to pleb filter.
>>
>>68696733
polemical kino

Challenging, but rewarding

Met with hate and butthurt

Artistically accomplished

Singular visions

Not all to everyones tastes, but polarizing films are the most interesting to me.
>>
>>68697121
>BvS is pleb filter
Did you fall for the memes?
>>
>>68697114
THIS AS FUCK
>>
>>68697176
Hello plebit
>>
>>68697121
beating the audience over the head with jesus imagery doesn't make a movie good
>>
>>68697282
Good one faggot. You're either spewing tired memes or you unironically like absolute trash (guess what, I don't like Marvel either!), but either way you should feel fucking bad about who you are
>>
>>68697306
there were like 2 shots in the movie with jesus imagery, don't use memes as arguments
>>
>>68691656
What do you think of Upstream Color? Our tastes are somewhat similar and it's the only other recent movie I consider one of my favorites (although I'd swap in Valhalla Rising for the Refn movie)
>>
>No love for Enter the Void
I've seen everything on the chart except Noah and I'd say EtV is the best, only Tree of Life comes close
>>
>>68697551
I have not seen it, but it's on my to watch list. Your reply made me more likely to watch it in the very near future.

Valhalla Rising is definitely great.

Also I chose Tree of Life over Knight of Cups simply due it eliciting a bit more passionate reactions (on both sides) I think
>>
>>68691839
>I like bland, flat looking movies with no style
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.