[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOURLY REMINDER GAME OF THRONES IS NON-CANON HOURLY REMINDER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1460590096229.jpg (76 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
1460590096229.jpg
76 KB, 610x475
HOURLY REMINDER GAME OF THRONES IS NON-CANON
>>
As someone who never read past the first book and still hasn't seen past the end of Season 4, could someone explain to me why people are saying the show went wrong?

Without spoilers, preferably.
>>
If GRRM was against fanfiction, then why does this show exist?
>>
>>68691775
the show has started diverging from the books to such an extent that people are accusing the show of butchering the characters + plot

i thought tonights ep was alright tho
>>
>>68692045
Have they run out of material from the books to adapt or are they just ignoring the books on purpose?
>>
>>68692545
the writer of the books literally told them how the rest of it was going to happen

they chose to do their own thing
>>
File: Sad Koko.jpg (53 KB, 700x535) Image search: [Google]
Sad Koko.jpg
53 KB, 700x535
>>68692614
Why?
>>
>>68692545
They overtook the books but they've also done some things differently, for the sake of a pragmatic adaptation or just because, that we're essentially looking at two wildly different products here.
>>
how many threads do you cockfaggots need for this bullshit
>>
>>68692045
>>68692614
>>68692728
What would be a good point to stop watching?
>>
>>68692754
Pretty much every board will have multiple threads about a single subject when it's just out. /v/ does video games, despite being shit games and a shit board, /tg/ does new models/rules despite hating the company that produces the most new shit, /tv/ does the new shows/episodes/films despite them being hated or not.

Just set up a filter to filter "GoT" and "Game of Thrones" or "Stannis" or dozens of other things.
>>
>>68691775
Character assassination everywhere.
Most storylines and characters have been cut from the show.
D&D fanfiction is extremely bad.
>>
>>68693213
After S4.
>>
File: feels affleck.jpg (17 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
feels affleck.jpg
17 KB, 300x400
>tfw I was looking forward to this season

Please tell me that at least Euron and Victarion will be introduced.
>>
>>68692045
Season 2 was said to be 'making up whatever they wanted'.
>>
>>68693558
>Please tell me that at least Euron and Victarion will be introduced.

CUT
U
T
>>
II'm still mad about the Cat thing
>>
Being non canon doesn't excuse the hammy dialogue, inconsistent writing, and the myriad of other problems plaguing the show.
>>
>>68693558
Pictures of the Kings Moot were in one of the trailers.
I just hope they dont fuck up ether Vicky or Euron
I gave up in the show after they killed off Baristan
>>
File: 1394601803114.png (142 KB, 359x363) Image search: [Google]
1394601803114.png
142 KB, 359x363
>>68693558
>yfw the dorne plot becomes the main focus of the season
>>
>>68691375
dont stop believing
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.