[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was his plan the most well-thought-out plan in film villain history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: sheev.jpg (36 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
36 KB, 500x480
Was his plan the most well-thought-out plan in film villain history?
>>
>>68688951
No other villain comes close. This man, this man right here. What did he do? He did what no man could do before. He was gifted. Remarkable.
>>
>>68688951
it was like 70% luck to be honest, the Jedi had no reason to be as completely incompetent and ignorant to his plan as they were
>>
He was a pro and a real operator.

Playing both sides off each other like that like an absolute mad man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2lWefuTDVU
>>
>>68689263
He intentionally clouded their minds using the dark side of The Force, dude. That was part of his plan,
>>
>>68689323
how did they not detect that he was the one clouding their mind?
How did they not know about the existence of Order 66 when they were all Generals?
>>
Depends what you consider his end goal. Because while most of his plan was genius he went out in one of the stupidest ways imaginable. So was his plan complete by the time ANH started?
>>
File: Kreiahoodlessconcept.jpg (34 KB, 260x392) Image search: [Google]
Kreiahoodlessconcept.jpg
34 KB, 260x392
no.
>>
>>68688951

>everyone loves jedis
>"guys the jedis tried to kill me look at my scars no more demoracy we empire now please trust me :DDD"
>claps
>>
>>68689601
not everybody loved Jedi and everyone was tired of the war
>>
>>68689398
They were aware of Order 66. They just saw it as a contingency in the case that a Jedi went crazy and needed to be put down, not as a tool for mass genocide. Order 65 was to arrest/kill the Chancellor, for instance. There was a genetic contingency for everything.

>how did they not detect that he was the one clouding their mind?
Because Sheev is a more adept Force user than most Jedi (I would assume)?

>>68689493
His plan was to take control of the entire Galaxy, so yeah I'd say he had pretty well succeeded by the time Episode 3 finishes up.
>>
>>68689601
so this is how liberty dies
>>
>>68689398

Do you even have a passing knowledge of Star Wars? The Jedi were already lost and a bug part of the dark side is deception. Palpatine was using the dark side as a whole to cloud and fuck with the Jedi. It's not just fogging their minds directly but through spreading its influence throughout the galaxy and forcing their hand into being un-Jedi like and thus further clouding their ideals.

And for the latter...it was hard coded into their program why would the Jedi ever find out? And even when Fives did look how that went.
>>
>>68689601
Where did you get that everyone loved the Jedi? by the end of the Clone Wars, I'm sure a lot of people blamed the Jedi for the death and destruction of the war. Plus, on a lot of systems the Jedi aren't even that well know. They're basically myths.
>>
>>68689601
If you watch the clones wars show you will see that the republic was corrupt af and the jedi often circumvented the senate and acted unilaterally. There was a lot of animosity and distrust towards the jedi. Its hinted at in RotS and expanded in in TCW
>>
>>68689670
I can't believe the Jedi would agree to implementing a "murder us just in case" clause.
>>
>>68689868
they didn't, they accepted the clone army with a mysterious buyer that appeared from nowhere and only found out about the clause later after the clones won several battles against the separatists
>>
>>68690033
But that's even stupider
>>
>>68690033
They didn't see it as a clone army from a mysterious buyer, they saw it as basically a surprise from an old Jedi master who, in his brilliance, foresaw the problems the Republic would face.
>>
Flawless execution.

>be generic representative from some benign almost irrelevant planet
>create a situation where your planet is under attack by bad people
>manipulate leader of planet to call for a vote of no confidence to the current chancellor and then have your people suggest you're the man for the role
>ride wave of public support to become chancellor
>at the same time lead a separatist movement that threatens order and stability under an alias
>using that persona attack the republic
>set it up so the republic has no chance but to use an army you also covertly prepared
>now you're basically in charge of both sides of a galactic conflict, whoever wins, you win

I like how during all this he never took power by force and everything is by the book and legal
>>
>>68689670
>entire council becomes aware of Palps being a sith lord
>have an entire army
>know about order 65
>don't use it before he uses 66

The Jedi deserved to die
>>
>>68689552
"you who have forever seen this world through the eyes of the force...see it, through the eyes of the exile."
>>
>>68689552
but her plan failed horribly no matter if you get the light ending or the dark ending
>>
>>68690565
>not getting the gray ending

pleb
>>
>>68690394
Order 65 is no longer canon.
>>
What are some of the best and worst /fa/ of Star Wars?
Personally I think the Jedi were pretty drab Great-Value/Sketchers-tiered with their apparel
>>
>>68689398
the force was unbalanced and sought to fix things by tipping in it to the dark sides favor
>>
File: yodashakinghaed.gif (359 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
yodashakinghaed.gif
359 KB, 500x213
>>68689670
What is a genetic contingency you fucktard?
>>
>>68688951
Yup, the war not only killed a bunch of fucking Jedi, it also made the Republic question its underlying values, it eroded everyone's faith in everything just like the first world war, and he took power just like Hitler.

But of course Hitler wasn't Sheevy enough to start WWI and control both sides of the conflict.

>>68689493
Yeah, basically. He wanted to figure out how to be immortal in his birth body but in the old lore at least he figured out how to do essence transfer as a stopgap.
>>
File: 1424903678171.gif (510 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
1424903678171.gif
510 KB, 480x228
>>68688951
>>68689263

>Plan

Politicians don't have plans. Their only skill is making their kneejerk reactions to minor challenges LOOK like plans.
>>
>>68693657
A contingency that is implanted in a clone's genes, you dumb fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>68690033
They never found out, they ALMOST found out when one clone trooper went bonkers and gunned down a Jedi and tried to spill the beans but he got killed.

>>68690344
Yeah, of course none of this is explained in the movies, but Sheev and his master were the ones who inspired Sifo-Dyas to build an army. In fact, Plagueis blew the entire Sith credit stash built up over 1,000 years of being evil on paying the Kaminoans for it (indirectly of course, using Sifo-Dyas as a gullible middle man).
>>
>>68694074
Sheev wasn't really a politician. I mean, he was in title, but that was all just a ploy. The 'real' Sheev is Darth Sidious.
>>
File: pauly d laughing.gif (500 KB, 500x197) Image search: [Google]
pauly d laughing.gif
500 KB, 500x197
>>68694082
But it wasn't in their genes you fucking asshole. Now go learn about star wars and eat shit and die faggot.
>>
Was Sheev even really evil? He fixed a corrupt senate that was bogged down with buerocracy. He destroyed a extremist religious group that operated on their own under what was essentially Jedi sharia law. And he focused and built up a strong, central military to face against potential threats.

Sheev was a hero wirh bad press. He's called a dictator in the same sense as Caesar or Napoleon, two other great men that seized power for the greater good.
>>
>>68694235
I'm not the guy who said they were, just that you are a Down's child for not being able to figure out what a genetic contingency is.
>>
>>68694158

He manipulated political powers in order to position himself as the chief political power.

He is literally the best politician ever to exist.
>>
>>68689552
After finishing the game 6 times during the last 10 years I still don't have a slight clue what the fuck she tried to accomplish.
>>
>>68688951
>plan
>become senator
>become chancellor
>become emperor
this is how fleshed out his """"""""""""""""""""""plan""""""""""""""""""""" was.
>>
File: theroomlisa.gif (1017 KB, 385x349) Image search: [Google]
theroomlisa.gif
1017 KB, 385x349
A challenger appears
>>
File: whatrubs nose.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
whatrubs nose.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>68694464
Yeah, you're obviously not the same guy. You're 10x more retarded. Say the words "genetic contingency". How does that make any sense? Now fuck off gaylord.
>>
>>68694303
Depends, Sheev rather used the Empire for his own gain of power and revenge against the Jedi. I don't think he really stood for the ideals, but I remember before he became a Sith, he had a hint of these ideas (I.E. He fucking despised Gungans).

All in all he had the right idea, but I don't think he did it for the "Greater Good", if anything, Thrawn or possibly Tarkin were better because they legit wanted to do it for the Greater Good than just doing it as a means to eliminate a bunch of wizards and power.
>>
>>68694634
He literally started the Invasion of Naboo, the Separatist Crisis, and the Clone Wars, all as a giant power grab, pay attention next time you turbopleb
>>
File: Ws3cV93.png (87 KB, 284x336) Image search: [Google]
Ws3cV93.png
87 KB, 284x336
>>68694303
Dude, hell no he's not evil.
Savior of the galaxy AND fashion.
>>
>>68689552
horrible char which did nothing but fuel the autistic twelve year old fanbase of revan with their grey jedi loving boners

kotfe is going down the same road
>>
File: sheevhate.jpg (62 KB, 900x584) Image search: [Google]
sheevhate.jpg
62 KB, 900x584
>>68694671
>>
>>68694634
That's not his plan. It's his endgame, the plan is how he accomplishes those things.
>>
>>68694694
>>68694858
yes yes but it's not explained how it did it. It's just he did it.
>>
>>68695538
>It's not explained how it did it
There are like 8+ hours of film and 6 years worth of television describing 'how it did it'.
>>
>>68695670
More like 4 hours of kino and 4 hours of movie desu.
>>
>>68688951
Order 66

meaning he was guessing it could come down to 132 different possibilities.
>>
>>68689670
If you found out about a government order in the double digits that covers the plan to execute all shitposters on sight, would you be cool with that?
>>
>>68688951
Definitely way up there.

Episode III was the best star wars in my opinion because of two things, the turning of Anakin to the dark side (including the brilliant fight between him and Obi Wan), and the harrowing reveal of Sheev's master plan, which we had seen being slowly built up other the last two films right under our noses and never being able to connect the dots.

I thought both aspects were done really well.
>>
>>68698777
>>
>>68699280
The older trilogy is very, very average, friend. Star Wars in general is the most overrated franchise of all time, and the older trilogy being 'great' is the biggest fucking meme of all time.

I 6.5/10
II 5.5/10
III 7.5/10
IV 6.5/10
V 7/10
VI 5/10
VI 6/10
>>
>>68699498
see
>>68699280
>>
>>68699556
>muh antique movies
>muh kids these days

Actually its probably worse. You're probably just one of those 'born in le wrong generation' fags
>>
>>68699681
see
>>68699280
>>
>>68699999

its coming
>>
File: no thats not possible.jpg (59 KB, 383x400) Image search: [Google]
no thats not possible.jpg
59 KB, 383x400
>>68688951
>>
>>68689692
with thunderous applause
>>
>>68695538
yes it was. did you even fucking watch the movies?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.