[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There will never be another Blockbuster original property (n
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 51EG732BV3L.jpg (42 KB, 338x475) Image search: [Google]
51EG732BV3L.jpg
42 KB, 338x475
There will never be another Blockbuster original property (not a remake, comic book, YA novel, whatever) this popular, this influential, this good.

Official thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFS4zYWxzNA
>>
>>68687471
>matrix
>original property
fucking lol'd
>>
>>68687471

he is coming
>>
>>68687542
It is though

It's not based on any existing property, despite being influenced by them.

>>68687471
I really want to see a sort of trend of action movies again, real original action movies that try new things and have interesting ideas. Hardcore Henry was great, but it's not The Matrix by a long shot.
>>
>>68687728
Then it's not an original IP, cunthead.

Just like Avatard isn't.
>>
>>68687471
>not a remake
>Plato's Cave: The Return
>>
>>68687802
Are you saying that a property can't take influence from something? Protip: NOTHING is 100% original.
>>
>>68687901
>Protip: NOTHING is 100% original.
If you're choosing to shitpost this pathetically, I'm out.
>>
>>68687728
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo
>>
>>68687728
Not who you're replying to, but...
No. Something like the old star wars trilogy or most Tarantino movies are influenced by old westerns/samurai films, but set in their own distinct universes with distinct stories. The Matrix was just an amalgamation of not even old (at the time) cyberpunk stories/ideas/characters ripped off by the Wachowskis brothers (sisters).
>>
>>68688079
starts from 3:50
>>
>>68688164
I think you're wrong, but my conviction isn't strong enough to prove it.

I'm just saying that The Matrix was an original IP, in the sense that it wasn't strictly based on an existing property, such as books, TV shows, graphic novels, etc.
>>
>>68688079
Well son of a bitch.
>>
>>68687471
Avatar quadrilogy is on its way fuckface.
>>
File: image.gif (870 KB, 219x286) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
870 KB, 219x286
>>68688899
Checked
>>
File: 90s.jpg (75 KB, 640x610) Image search: [Google]
90s.jpg
75 KB, 640x610
Honestly, if you weren't there in the 90s, you couldn't fucking understand how amazing and genre making this film was.
>>
>>68689970
I was too young to appreciate it fully. I imagine it was a mind-blowing experience, like the impact of The Dark Knight but 10x more influential.
>>
>>68689970
>leather fetish the movie with a veneer of every famous cyberpunk concept
>genre making
>>
>>68687542
>>68688164

Is English not your first language? An original intellectual property means not a previously existing IP. Whether or not you wantbto argue if its original or not isn't part of the equation.
>>
>>68687471

Literally Plato's Cave and Dark City. But smartass comments aside I get what you're saying OP.

Give it another decade and I think we'll see something interesting and refreshing in due time.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.