[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who was better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: arnold vs syl.png (539 KB, 666x474) Image search: [Google]
arnold vs syl.png
539 KB, 666x474
So who was better?
>>
>>68680605

Arnold was the better entertainer, Stallone had better everything else
>>
>>68680605
Arnie at everything
Stallone is a gyppo
>>
god versus man
>>
Arnold is more fun
>>
Sly wrote Rocky, the #1 film of all time.
Arnold governed California, the #1 worst US state of all time.
>>
Chuck Norris
>>
>>68681042
>Arnold governed California, the #1 worst US state of all time.

That's not Utah
>>
Arnold. Sly is the better actor though (Rocky, First Blood), and the story about how he got Rocky made is very inspiring.
>>
>>68680605

Movies vs Films.
>>
how many Mr Universes did Sly win?
>>
>>68681220
Please keep your outrage over Redditpool in your containment thread, faam.
>>
>>68681220
>That's not Utah

That's not Kentucky
>>
File: not_a_biased_pic.jpg (203 KB, 939x619) Image search: [Google]
not_a_biased_pic.jpg
203 KB, 939x619
>>68680605
>>
>>68680605
Arnold obviously. Stallone is a limp dick faggot that plays a hard ass. Arnold actually is one.
>>
>>68681220
>>68683466
I want reddit to leave
t. Someone who grew up in Caliornia
There is a reason why the rest of the country hates us. An entire country of locusts. The only states as bad are New Jersey and New York, which are slugs and rats, respectively.
>>
>>68683575
left is still manlet
>>
>>68680605
Sly is the guy you laugh with where Arnold is the guy you laugh at.

Sly.
>>
File: yvqylz3c0ywhkpt1g8of.jpg (118 KB, 1600x1019) Image search: [Google]
yvqylz3c0ywhkpt1g8of.jpg
118 KB, 1600x1019
>>68680605
Arnie made Conan, Predator and Terminator
Sly made Rocky and Rambo

Arnie wins 3:2
>>
>>68683700

Kencucky is that you

>>68683128

please keep dad's dick out of your ass, fagboi
>>
>>68683768
>selfmade mister universe/actor/politican
>a guy you laugh at

but I'm sure that pales in comparison to your achievements such as
>>
>>68684342
Running for president
Going to build a wall
>>
>>68680605
I don't know anything about Sylvester, but I've seen quite a bit about Arnold and I like him a lot lot, like, more than a friend.
>>
>>68684342
>implying you've never laughed at a politician
>implying people took him seriously as a governor
>>
>>68683700
>t. Someone who grew up in Cali
Where did you stay? Shitty socal? California is best state. Pretty women, hollywood, sierra's, best coastal state? I feel bad for you that you think that way
t. Someone who grew up in norcal in the foothills
>>
>>68684778
>norcal in the foothills
510* represent

*formerly
>>
File: FirstBlood.jpg (547 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FirstBlood.jpg
547 KB, 600x600
>>68680605

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2OvrpzjvM

People forget Stallone can actually act when he wants to. Schwarzenegger is a joke in comparison.
>>
>>68685121
530 here
Formerly as well
>>
>>68680605
I'd say equal, acting wise.

Physique-wise, Arnie was Mr. Universe, and has contributed a lot to ths bodybuilding community. If Stalline got buff from acting gigs, Arnie devoted his life to the art and science of being buff.

So Arnie edges Stallone out on the /fit/ angle
>>
>Shwarzenegger
Terminator 1 and 2
Total Recall
Predator
Conan series
Last Action Hero
Jingle all the way and Kindergarten Cop

>Stallone
Rocky
Rambo
Demolition Man
Judge Dredd
The Expendables

I'm probably forgetting some good Stallone film. Anyway I'd have to give it to Arnold even though I think Rocky 1 and First Blood are better than anything else I listed.
>>
>>68685608
Also, politics.

But acting wise.... I really think they are equal. Arnie is just a bit more diverse on ability
>>
>>68681042
But anon, Miami is the worst
>>
>>68685608
You ever watch Pumping Iron? Arnie was a fucking gains goblin.
>>
>>68680605
governator
>>
>>68683575
Stallone's been taking HGH for decades. How his heart is not fucked beyond measure is beyond me. I guess he's got the regimen down pat.
>>
File: image.jpg (674 KB, 2048x1362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
674 KB, 2048x1362
>>68687236
>Miami
>state
>>
>>68687546

you mean TRT? testosterone is good for the body, not harmful

>>68680605

Arnold and Sly are buddies, no need to pick between them
>>
I used to dislike Stallone because of shit like Cobra and the 80s Rambo sequels. Not even just because of the strangely fascist right wing messages he pushed into those films, but because of stories of him on set being a giant dick to everyone. He really was an egomaniac at one point.

But I've been watching modern interviews with him and I watched Rambo 4 and I have to say at least now he is a pretty cool guy. He's funny, he's a good writer and director in some films, and even in a decent amount of the shittier films he's still fun to watch. Never been a big Rocky guy though desu

Arnold, on the other hand, is always magnetic on screen, no matter how shitty the movie is. People talk shit about his acting cause he never did a Rocky or Rambo 1, but he is great. Totally dedicated to every role, and an amazing physical actor. Just watch Conan 1. The subtleties he communicates with just his face or moving his arm a little bit are incredible.

Objectively Arnold has the better movies overall. Anyone who says Predator or Conan is just a macho action film obviously doesn't understand them because not only are they the closest thing to modern day myths, they have very elegantly constructed subtexts and deep psychological components. Same with many other Arnie films. He also has more surface level action movies (Some better than others, Commando vs. Raw Deal for instance) but he's still great to watch and even his comedies are wonderful. He's just a funny guy, who is also capable of very serious stuff at times. Terminator shows him being scary as fuck.

Stallone has been a good actor and good writer in only a few movies. That's more because Arnie took all the good shit probably, but still. His career is not as varied, interesting, or high quality. That's not to say anything negative about the guy, though. I'm sure he's just as fun to hang out with as Arnold. It's just that he's got a less impressive screen presence and in general made some bad film choices.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.