[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so when red dwarf was remade by the nanos why didnt the medical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: BwILEYbCEAARJRL.jpg (19 KB, 261x241) Image search: [Google]
BwILEYbCEAARJRL.jpg
19 KB, 261x241
so when red dwarf was remade by the nanos why didnt the medical unit in red dwarf be able to physically tell that Lister was obviously several years older than originally listed, twinned with a robot, a catman appearing, their story and them being 3 million years from earth, why didnt captain Hollister believe them?

check mate

also, when RD was evacuated by the end of season 8, chances are the whole crew died in a horrible way on some planet

what a bleak series
>>
Were you watching the Red Dwarf VIII on Dave tonight m8?
>>
>>68678926
Only season I haven't watched honestly
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>68678972
not tonight, but this morning yes m8

after blackadder the whole rotton saga :)

>>68678988
its still good, rimmer comes back so thats a plus

so what is it?
>>
seasons 3-6 were the best.

7 was garbage.
>>
>>68678926
it built holly first, who was able to program them in

but yes, it is bleak, that's the whole point, lister's the last man in the universe, his only friend is a ghost of a man who hated him who exists solely to keep him from going insane, and an android who HAS gone insane, and a cat mutant
>>
>>68679041
>rimmer comes back
Then so have I
>>
>>68679087
its extremely bleak when you think about it

in deep space all they find are lost and forgotten voyages from earth, just signs of mankind failing to get anywhere, always succumbing to disasters. only things to thrive are viruses, simulants and gelfs.
>>
>>68679045
1-2 have a great charm, but holy shit does 3-6 step it up
>>
>>68679570
yeah, there's really nothing wrong with 1-2. 3 was when they finally found their spark, so it was good. 7 was horrible and filmed badly, and while 8 tried to recover the damage was done by this point.

Not bothered with the Dave stuff.
>>
>>68679723
X is good again. It feels very different to the rest but it's still funny
>>
Also
Any astrologist on that ship, let alone
>>
Watch season 8 again kid.

Hollister knows it's 3million years in future. He confirms it with ships doctor

(Any captain worth his salt would be able to tell just by looking at starch arts)

He was going to set them free because he believes them, but instead finds them guilty of stealing blue midget
>>
>>68679915
so instead of getting 2 years in the brig...
they get an entirely different 2 years in the brig
>>
>>68678926
>watching red dwarf after series 6

Grant Naylor was no more, key ten was helping with the scripts and it really shows. Suddenly half the episodes are about him and his existential angst.
>>
I do hope the 2 new series they've filmed puts an end to things before one of them dies. It would be a shame for them to never have any resolution.
>>
File: dude.jpg (23 KB, 257x276) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
23 KB, 257x276
>brits do scifi on a negative budget better than any hollywood studio
>>
>>68680142
Closest thing I see to Red Dwarf that is American is MST3K which is even more negative budget.
>>
>>68680185

>6 million dollars from Kikestarter for a few animatronics, some shitty old licenses and 3 actors.

Low budget indeed goyim :^)
>>
>>68679401

It /was/ set three million years into the future. And three million years away from Earth.

And some of the dialog indicates that the crew can tell what year a ship was from, up to the twenty-ninth century (IIRC). So humans survived and expanded for at least seven hundred years after the RD went missing.
>>
>>68679723
No. 3+ is where they start pampering to the faggot Trekkie crowd

RD was always supposed to be about the character relationships and not about being lost in space.

When they gave the script to bbc they purposely left out the space stuff because at the time , BBC was sick of space stuff.

So the gave them the opening scene as if timer and lister where vending repairers in an office.
It was only after the execs were laughing that they told them it was in space.

Space was only meant to be a backdrop and a means by which they could rehash old jokes using space jargon to make it look fresh

You fucking normie-casual younglings
>>
>>68680005
Lol that was the best joke in season8
Went downhill from there
>>
>>68680308
>RD was always supposed to be about the character relationships and not about being lost in space.

That wasn't even true in the first season. Plenty of the gags relied on it being the future, not on the characters quirks or relationships.
>>
>>68680283
That. And the registration details that list the ships commission date.

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>68680260
Old MST3K
>>
>>68680308
>>68680456

I think he meant "not about whacky adventures in space"

I remember reading the same thing back around 1990.

They were never meant to leave the ship much
>>
The movie isn't ever going to happen, is it?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.