[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get /tv/'s recommended reading list? Books a cinema
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: twattle.jpg (1 MB, 1159x1438) Image search: [Google]
twattle.jpg
1 MB, 1159x1438
Can I get /tv/'s recommended reading list? Books a cinema fag would enjoy?
>>
Screenplays
>>
>>68673606
Sorry, I should have said novels
>>
Ready Player One
>>
Complete Works-Oscar Wilde
Popcorn Venus-Majorie Rosen
From Reverence to Rape-Molly Haskell
Beyond Belief-Emlyn Williams
The Lion In Love-Shelagh Delaney
Against Our Will-Susan Brownmiller
The Angel Inside Went Sour-Esther Rothmans
Men's Liberation-Jack Nichols
The Murderer's Who Who-Gaute & Odell
The Handbook of Non-Sexist Writing-Miller and Swift
>>
>>68673647
I know what you meant, I just think that it's a bit of an unfair comparison because they're really different mediums. What kind of genres do you like senpai? We could just have a "what are good books" thread
>>
History of Film by David Parkinson.
Literally the only cinema-related book I've read.
It won't make you start liking movies, but if you're already interested, it's a good read.
>>
>>68673757
True. I'm generally just asking for good books. I'm not frequent on this board, but I can relate to its cinematic tastes when I browse it. And so I'm wondering what books people here are into.
>>
>>68673937
I really like Gibson's early works. Neuromancer, burning chrome, and the rest of his Sprawl trilogy are really good. If you don't mind steampunk then The Difference Engine is pretty great too.

Other than that, from what I remember of our other book threads, people here seem to really like steven king and Book Of The New Sun
>>
What kind of books do you read OP
>>
Can't go wrong with pic related.
Also The Thicket by Joe R. Lansdale. Good western with misfit characters. Movie adaptation in the works, IIRC.
>>
>>68673707
Thanks. Great list.
>>68673800
I'll check it out, but I was looking for novels.
>>68674204
>>68675109
Fuck off, trolls.
>>
>>68673707
Is this what they assign in university these days?

How academia has fallen.
>>
>>68675346
>Fuck off, trolls.
Neat. I knew kids from /lit/ were all pretentious assholes but I hadn't seen it firsthand yet
>>
>>68675930
I doubt he's from /lit/, he said he could relate to /tv/s cinematic taste. Anyone from /lit/ would find this taste far too dull
>>
Can i get the tv´s must watch movies list? last night i watched cinema paradiso, i cry rivers.
>>
hey /tv/ what music do you listen to.
hey /tv/ what kind of car do you drive
hey /tv/ what brand of bowling shirts with fire decals do you buy
hey /tv/ lets talk about literally anything besides television and movies despite what the name of the board is
>>
File: patricianlistupdate7.jpg (2 MB, 1995x4839) Image search: [Google]
patricianlistupdate7.jpg
2 MB, 1995x4839
>>68676580
Sure.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.