[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think it was kind of shitty Am I right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: 1451551324016.jpg (121 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
1451551324016.jpg
121 KB, 1200x750
I think it was kind of shitty
Am I right?
>>
I went to this movie with a girl thinking it was a drama movie, it was pretty good right up until that end, the girl really liked it though
>>
>>68669279
Your opinion is yours.

However, your opinion is also fucking wrong.
>>
>>68669395
I didn't like it because of the ending 2bh
>>
>>68669279
Decent thriller. Last ten minutes of ending completely unnecessary.
6/10
>>
>>68669279
Yeah, it was pretty shitty. Reminded me of an M Night Shyamalan movie, stupid ass twists and SHOCK for no reason. Premise was good, execution was not so good.
>>
>>68669279
That cover makes me think it's shitty. I haven't even watched it because I can't get passed the dumbest title and title art of all time.

It's just bad, that I know the aesthetics alone will offended me. It's probably some thriller haunted movie that's so shitty.

It's hard to find good thriller/horror movies since 2014
>>
>>68669522
>2016
>watching horror movies
>>
>>68669522
if it makes you feel any better the visual aesthetics in the movie itself are generic too. My eyes got so bored of looking at concrete walls and that fucking dinner table. They didn't bother with any interesting framing or angles or depth or anything.
>>
I was really good. I like the slow, low, character study.

Then in the last 10 minutes it was Avengers. And I didn't understand why.
>>
>no good rip

Most of /tv/ has no idea.
>>
Haven't seen it yet.
>no good rip
Can someone who has tell me how it relates to Cloverfield?
>>
>>68670136
They stick aliums into the ending.
Das it.
>>
It was decent. The ending made it go from a 7/10 to a 6/10 and my utter hatred for the first one made this one drop to a 5/10 just because it shared the name.
>>
File: Testing (2).png (372 KB, 592x497) Image search: [Google]
Testing (2).png
372 KB, 592x497
>>68670136
It's only barely related, more of a thematic link than anything (character based stories amidst an apocalyptic event).

However, if you want to look into the ARG, it gets a lot more complex, and there's a much clearer connection (albeit still pretty thin).
>>
File: No.gif (287 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
287 KB, 400x360
No

Bye
>>
>>68670229
A-aliens? I thought the Cloverfield monster came from under the sea...

>>68670296
I somewhat followed the Cloverfield ARG... I remember Tagruato, TIDOwave, Jamie's boyfriend Ted who went missing...
Does it tie into any of that?
>>
>>68669603
welp at least you can give it to them for making the cover match the movie. I could tell.
>>
>>68670596
Its not in the same universe as cloverfield. Its not the same anything. The idea is that 'Cloverfield' movies are gonna be a sort of anthology, with unrelated stories.
The ARG links, but thats it
>>
>>68670596
The main guy works/worked for tagruato, but not much else afaik
>>
>>68670710
Oh.
Well, that kind of makes me lose all interest.
Will still check out the movie once there's a good torrent of it.
>>
It was OK

I didn't like the hamfisted alium thing at the end
>>
Did any of that Aladygma bullshit ever lead to anything?
It seems obvious by now that it wasn't related to Cloverfield, but still. Did it ever devolve into an interesting ARG or lead to a movie?
>>
>>68669353
Did you get it in
>>
>>68669279
>still no torrent

Fucking why
>>
>>68670840
Cam rips are up :)
>>
>>68670830
>"it ended up being nothing. It was just a guy, who later branded himself as a marketing expert. I think he also tried to sell a book."

source: the best website in the universe, reddit.
>>
>>68670596
>Tagruato
Yep, there's the kicker. They own a satellite company called Bold Futura that picked up some weird shit. It's what you see falling into the Ocean at the end of the first Cloverfield.
>>
>>68671004
>Yep, there's the kicker. They own a satellite company called Bold Futura that picked up some weird shit. It's what you see falling into the Ocean at the end of the first Cloverfield.
This was shit from the first ARG, dude.
>>
Hi. I liked the last ten minutes.

I got a lot more out of it than "we put in some CGI fighting just because."

Let's just say it was a unique way of answering you question: is there really aliens?
>>
>>68670710
>The ARG links, but thats it

Wow. I'm officially not giving them any money then.
>>
>>68670710
>The idea is that 'Cloverfield' movies are gonna be a sort of anthology, with unrelated stories.
So like what Carpenter did with his end of the world films?
>>
>>68671038
Shit, forgot to finish that.

John Goodman's character worked for Bold Futura. Apparently some of the shit he saw fueled his paranoia (well founded btw) and he built that bunker because he knew something was coming.
>>
>>68669279
>do I fit in yet?
>>
>>68669279
boobs?
>>
>>68671004
>It's what you see falling into the Ocean at the end of the first Cloverfield.
So it IS the same universe?
>>
>>68670710
Even if it's not the same universe, they're going to link everything heavily on the ARGs and be subtle in the movies.
>>
>>68669279
Ending didn't bother me at all, and MEW a cute.

Goodman is the highlight though, great performance.
>>
It's good
>>
File: sad_penguin.jpg (17 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
sad_penguin.jpg
17 KB, 284x339
>>68669279
>no rape
-9000/10.
>>
File: tips.jpg (52 KB, 690x566) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
52 KB, 690x566
>I disliked the ending
>Howard did nothing wrong
>>
>>68669279
>bait and switch: the movie
>>
>>68669279
Naming it "10 Cloverfield Lane" has people just waiting for an alien to show up the entire time watching the film.
Should have had a different name so that the alien would be a surprise.
>>
>>68669279
Literally 8/10 movie. Ledditores can fuck off with their
>muh ending
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.