[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If all the dwarfs were dead, who opened the door?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: melon.jpg (602 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
melon.jpg
602 KB, 1920x800
If all the dwarfs were dead, who opened the door?
>>
>>68665214
Magic you dumb motherfucker
>>
The eagles
>>
File: 1431904301206.jpg (17 KB, 220x251) Image search: [Google]
1431904301206.jpg
17 KB, 220x251
>>
>>68665236
>>68665256
But dwarfs can't use magic
>>
>>68665214
Melon did
>>
>>68665363
elves made them a magic door
>>
>>68665363
They can't cast spells, but they can craft magical artifacts.
>>
obviously Marvel paid the eagles to do so.
>>
>>68665363
Says who? Tolkien never talked about it, then again what may seem like magic was merely highly sophisticated technology that hobbits(who are the actual writers of the book) didn't know of.
>>
>>68665363
the elves made the damn door, jeez
>>
>>68665214
Aren't you more surprised by the fact that an entire underground city died, their bodies decayed until they were just skeletons and no one in middle earth knew?
>>
So anyone who happens to walk by and say the word "mellon" can just stroll right into the mines of Moria? What kind of security is that?
>>
>>68667385
The rest of Middle Earth couldn't simply log onto twitter and see "ZOMG GOBLIN AMBUSH IN MORIA, PLS SEND HELP #DWARFLIVESMATTER"
>>
>>68667254
"magic" in middle-earth is basically reserved only to those who have either noldor blood(basically the elves who left for valinor thousands of years ago), for example elrond and galadriel, or the servant spirits of valar, for example gandalf and sauron. legolas is sindar, his ancestors never left for valinor, or saw the valar or silmarils, which is pretty much the thing that can give you magic powers in arda(middle earth), so he can't use magic.

aragorn can use a tiny bit of magic because his bloodline has a sliver of the valar servant blood

dwarves cannot use magic, as can't any humans without the blood of the kings of numenor in their bloodline
>>
>>68668099
Never stated in LOTR. Keep your fanfiction to yourself.
>>
>>68668216
it's stated in silmarillion you pleb

actually I think gandalf mentions it in LOTR too but no way I'm going to check
>>
>>68668099
Then how did legolas father use magic to cover his hideous burn face
>>
>>68667385
it was dead long ass time ago, just the balin and his company of asspained crazy dwarves went back in.

>>68668099
valinor doesn't give you magical powers. aragorn can't into magic. no human can. galadriel's and elrond's powers are connected to the rings of power.

also dwarves saw aule and they and humans fought alongside valar
also bjorn the shapeshifter
>>
>>68668869
>valinor doesn't give you magical powers

it does, or more precisely looking into the eyes of the valar does. that's in the book, I guarantee you that.

aragorn can into magic, very little, but he can, read the book. the king's healing hands

the rings augment elrond's and galadriel's powers and give them new avenues (galadriel's ring gave the ability to preserve or something like that) but it's not the only thing that gives them power. they'd be powerful even without the rings as most noldor are. glorfindel can stand all the ringwraiths on his own for example, and that's in the book as well.

>also dwarves saw aule
very few of them did and none are alive

if you haven't seen the valar's eyes then you need divine blood. aragorn's got it. the noldor got it because they're ancient and lived in valinor before humans even walked the earth

>humans fought alongside valar

again does not give you divine blood, otherwise the magic won't "stick", your kids won't inherit it
>>
>>68669480
no it does not

aragorn knew elvish healing practices. "kings healing hands" prophesy is just folklore.

all of the rings had the power to preserve because without the rings the 3 old elves would have fucked off from middle earth. they would have gotten uninterested and tired.

glorfindel was sent back from the dead by the valar as a sort of proto-istari. he has that spirit world aura.

the only divine creature who had offspring with the children of eru was meian the maia. if aragorn's got that blood why don't many many others?
>>
>>68666888
>That post
>Those repeating numbers
>Those numbers in perfect harmony
Never laid my eyes upon such beautiful numbers before
>>
>>68669723
Galadriel literally had the magical power of being able to see into people's heart and desires
>>
File: 1436659706365.png (210 KB, 313x269) Image search: [Google]
1436659706365.png
210 KB, 313x269
why didn't they just put on their 3D glasses
>>
Why could frodo read elvish
>>
>>68670076
he had studied bilbo's shit all his introvert beta life
>>
>>68669723
>aragorn knew elvish healing practices. "kings healing hands" prophesy is just folklore.

it's wasn't a prophecy, it was legit piece of history

>all of the rings had the power to preserve because without the rings the 3 old elves

nope, first, gandalf had one ring, the ring of fire, nothing to do with preservation, elrond's was the ring of air or something. they fucked off after an era ended and they knew the future was of the humans. the dwarves eventually fucked off too

why glorfindel got sent back? because he killed a fucking balrog at gondolin, and died in the process. the same thing gandalf did. and gandalf is basically an angel

>if aragorn's got that blood why don't many many others?

because he's the last descendent of the kings of numenor, his line is dying. the kings of numenor got their blood from the son or the grandson of that maia. btw elrond and arwen got the blood too, they and aragorn are extremely distant relatives

LOTR mentions it several times, the line of the kings got either diluted or died out(happened at gondor, their kings had it before the last one of them died thousands of years ago. aragorn's is the last one with the numenor blood, that's what makes his claim to kingship, and hence the "return" of the king). the former kings had the same blood and the same abilities as aragorn, hence the "king's healing hands"
>>
Psychic powers are in the book
>>
anyway I have to go now but nice that all those hours reading silmarillion as kid didn't go to waste
>>
>>68670258
it was just a prophecy like birds returning to erebor. legit old grandmas' tale.

the rings minimize the effects of weariness of time. the elves would have gone away much earlier even if they had a purpose being the leaders of the free peoples' resistance. elrond has real powers because of the maia

i didn't ask why glorfindel was sent back. i simply stated that he's a kind of ascended elf ie. he is actually magical. don't treat me like someone who hasn't read his shit.

others do have numenorian blood, it's just that aragorn is the direct heir. afaik it was even said that numenorian blood ran fully in boromir/faramir.
>>
why didn't he knock first?
>>
>>68670076
Because he knew elvish
>>
File: dragonage_sandal.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
dragonage_sandal.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>68665363
>dwarfs cant into magic

biodrone detected
>>
>>68670824
ENCHANTMENT
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.