[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Criterion films that have no business being in the Collection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 787_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg (146 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
787_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg
146 KB, 348x490
honestly how did this pile of shit get in
>>
>>68665179
I'd guess entirely through the acclaim (not for directing) of the director, Murakami. It was a huge pile of shit though.
>>
>>68665179

There's loads of shit in the Criterion collection. Everyone points out the Bay stuff, but those are just middling... At this point, Masters of Cinema is better.
>>
The entire filmography of Wes Anderson.
>>
>>68668043
>>There's loads of shit in the Criterion collection
Name'em, I'm curious.
>>
>>68665179
People literally do nothing on here but bitch about stuff they never cared about

Criterion doesn't just put their name on patrician or even good movies. They have tons of shit and they have movies that are unique. Jellyfish Eyes has art done by the most famous Japanese pop artist. That's why it made the cut.
>>
>>68669004
Armageddon.

Also they have Watership Down but no Plague Dogs.
>>
>>68669166
I also heard a rumor they bought the film quick before it was even previewed, just based on Murakami's name. Thats why they dumped it in December, last release of the year and at a lower price point. I don't think even Criterion were happy with it
>>
>>68669233
Wow, the whole of one- which is arguable, btw. Hope you're ok after that, friend. Also, the second point is stupid, so moot.
This is the arsenal of le epic criterion haters. Scary
>>
>>68669166
>They have tons of shit
Examples?
>>
>>68669570
Try watching all their films. Many will be mediocre or even bad.
>>
>>68669655
Not him but you know thats not an answer
>>
>>68669655
I'm asking for examples. I want to know which one you think are outright bad.
>>
>>68669655
e x a m p l e s p l e a s e
>>
>>68669004
the rock
dazed and confused
slacker
chasing amy
armageddon
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
The Act of Seeing With One's Own Eyes
the curious case of benjamin button
darjeeling limited
The Royal Tenenbaums
to name a few
also
>pretty much every ingmar bergman movie
>not a single roy andersson movie
>>
>>68669655
>the city of desperation

This guy is literally sweating right now
>>
>>68669742
>>68669754
https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/847-eclipse-series-30-sabu

3 films, all mediocre.
>>
>>68669824
Is this what passes for trolling nowadays? Wew
>>
>>68669904
stop shitposting anytime
>>
>>68669904
look at any of those movies and then what criterion say's they're about
>"important classic and contemporary films"
>>
>>68669824
So ten movies out of 850+, half of those are pretty subjective too

What is it about Criterion that makes people feel like they need to knock the company down a peg? Why focus on the few "questionable" releases and not all the great movies they have, packaging and extras, or the restoration work they do? By the way they fixed up the Apu Trilogy they could release nothing but Adam Sandler movies forever and I'll still sing their praises
>>
>>68670011
literally retarded
>>
>>68670026
How so?
>>
>>68670060
He's projecting.
>>
Criterion is good but not OMG THE BEST FILM COMPANY OF ALL TIME good.
>>
>>68670145
Sure, but who else in the US gives them a run for that title?
>>
>>68669004
Fat Girl
Land of Milk and Honey
All These Women
Tie Me Up Tie Me Down
Following
Tiny Furniture
Benjamin Button
>>
File: females.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
females.png
477 KB, 560x500
>>68670274
>he can't into Breillat
>>
>>68670274
The worst of these would be 6/10s. This of course is evidence that the company is pure shit. I suggest that it be burned to the ground.
>>
Armageddon
>>
Heaven's Gate
House
Tiny Furniture
Fellini Satyricon
>>
>>68670423
No, the worst is 1/10
>>
>>68670822
>House
Easy 10/10
>>
>>68671094
Of whichever you're talking: 'no'
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.