[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly happened to Gandalf when he fought the Balrog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 960x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 960x404
What exactly happened to Gandalf when he fought the Balrog?
>>
>>68652022
He died from exhaustion and then the gods were like "You dun did gud bro, we're gonna send you back to defeat and replace Saruman çause he betrayed us, that fuck."

And he woke up in Fangorn (I think) and was like "I have to stop Saruman, the gods will it"
>>
>>68652022
He leveled up
>>
>>68652365
Naw he actually woke up where he died, on the mountain. Then one of the Eagles found him and took him to Lothlorien where he was given his white robes and staff and then he went to Fangorn the meet up with Aragorn and co.
>>
>YOU'RE A BIG GUY
>FFFFOR YYYYOU
>>
>>68652365
>gods
God*
>>
>>68652365
>>68652497
>gods
>god
The other angels, enacting the will of God*
>>
>>68652022
The balrog battered him with its wings and then revealed himself to be mike tyson
>>
>>68652405
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Haven't read the books in a long while.
>>
>>68652365
>>68652497
It says in the Silmarillion that when Gandalf died he talked to the main god Eru himself, who told Gandalf there was more shit to do and sent his ass back to middle earth
>>
they fell to epic depths as they battled, only to somehow end up on top of a snowy mountian by the end......

because plot.
>>
It's pretty much already been covered, but yeah. Basically he died and Eru Illuvatar was all "Hey, you're still needed back in Middle Earth brohemian. Saruman is a cunt, Radagast is fucking crazy, and the Blue Wizards....well. To be honest I have no fuckin' clue where they are. Anyways, you're the White Wizard now. Good luck and godspeed. Is that a thing in Middle Earth? 'Godspeed'? Is it like...'Illuvaspeed'? Hmm. You're still here? Fucking hell dude just go."

Something like that.
>>
File: Aragorn-Moria[1].png (109 KB, 356x227) Image search: [Google]
Aragorn-Moria[1].png
109 KB, 356x227
>>68652022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJXJQfR0oOw
>>
Gandlaf got cucked by the big balrog cock. Galadriel farted out a couple of half caste kids and he was doomed to raise them.
>>
>>68653681
>because plot
wat?
They fought for like a week. The only plot device is that Gandalf died and came back, the altitude didnt matter, stupid.
>>
>>68653756

18+
>>
>>68653681
tell that to balrog's snapped neck
>>
>>68652022
maybe you should watch Two Towers (Extended Edition) for the answer.
>>
>>68653594
Actually it wasn't in the silmarillion, at least not the pdf I found online. I swear I had a version that said it, but I don't know. Tolkien does say that eru saves gandalf in some letters so it definitely did happen.
>>
>>68653867
It was probably in the appendicies in LotR, lot of interesting shit there. And it made the basis of probably half of the Hobbit movies.
>>
>>68653709
Why do they say godspeed? What gods were known to have very fast speed?
>>
>>68653930
That'd make sense. I used to have a bunch of physical LOTR books in high school but I don't know where they are anymore.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.