[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will /tv/ acknowledge TRUE capekino movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: truecapekino.jpg (23 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
truecapekino.jpg
23 KB, 600x300
When will /tv/ acknowledge TRUE capekino movies?
>>
>>68650650
But I do.
>>
Spawn? Yeah I love that shit.
>>
>>68650650
>When he rises out of the pool as its raining
Literally cinema in its purest form
>>
I fucking love Unbreakable. Easily my favorite MNS film and probably somewhere in my top 50.
>>
>>68650696
One of my favorite scenes of all time, when you see his raincoat mimicking a cape plus coupled with the musical score, I get chills every time I watch it. I don't know what happened to Shaymalan from that to the Last Airbender.
>>
>>68650806
I liked/loved his firs three films and then what the fuck happened. Also the breakfast scene. The paint cans scene. The reconciliation scene. That glimmer of hope at the end that we'll get a sequel...
>>
File: 1442176312926.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1442176312926.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
>>68650650

>m. night will never finish the trilogy of the rise and fall of the superhero David Dunn
>>
>>68650806
when he hangs it back in his home man... I get the chills everytime

It's so self aware but it's so perfect
>>
>>68650944
>>68650948
I kinda like that it's just a standalone film. I think having a sequel would've ruined the mythos of the story, kinda like the what the sequels to the Matrix did. What made the Unbreakable so great is that it's so grounded in realism, it's a story about a normal man with a family who realizes there's more to his life than he thought. The superhero aspect is underplayed up until the very end of the movie. If they had made a sequel it would've just been David Dunn using his super powers to save people, just like every other super hero movie.
>>
>>68651362
It would still be grounded in realism, why wouldn't it be? The second movie would be accepting his role of 'superhero' and the last would be him being tired and done of it.
>>
so what was the extent of his powers
He was really strong and indestructible
>>
>>68651503
That's the plot of Nolan's Batman trilogy.
>>
>>68651508
He could also see peoples immoral actions by touching them
>>
>>68651624
That's right I forgot about that shit
>>
>>68651544
except the 'grounded in realism' part, yea.
>>
>Starred in the GOAT action movie
>starred in the best capekino
>starred in the GOAT fantasy scifi
>starred in the GOAT twist movie
Bruce had a pretty good career
>>
>>68651707
>starred in the GOAT fantasy scifi

Twelve Monkeys
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dKqDevrFF4

desu inspired me when I was a lil kid

>How much did you put on?
>All of it.
>>
>>68650650
never
>>
BLANKMAN IS THE EPITOME OF CAPEKINO
>>
>>68651707

Willis actually makes me believe it's a character up there, or he did moreso in the past. It wasn't just Bruce Willis being some badass, it was some badass.

Lot of actors don't do that for me.
>>
>>68650650
>>68650681
these, Super and watchmen
>>
>>68651826
that score is unbelievable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-waJsBs0eBQ
>>
>>68650681
That shit was on TV today, and I can't believe it was greenlit by Disney. The whole movie extolls strong family values. No wonder it took so long for a sequel and it took insane fan support to do it.
>>
>>68651983
I want to lick the moms asshole
>>
File: images.jpg (58 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
58 KB, 720x1080
>>68651983
Not to mention the amazing soundtrack and cast. Brad Bird at his absolute best. Pic related, the best Superman movie.
>>
>>68652092
>Its a reddit episode
>>
>>68652103
>it's an episode about (You)
>>
>>68651362
>What made the Unbreakable so great is that it's so grounded in realism, it's a story about a normal man with a family who realizes there's more to his life than he thought.

This.

Plus Shamalama would do what they inevitably do and try to explain the why and how of his powers in a way that would ultimately be unsatisfying
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.