[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kevin Smith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: url.jpg (13 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
13 KB, 199x253
Why does /tv/ hate my favorite director?
You got to respect clerks for the low budget and the enormous amount of luck they got with the film
>Inb4 comic book men, we all know that show is shit
>>
I love every single movie he's ever made including Jersey Girl and Zack and Miri. He's just a really cool guy who makes really good films.
>>
jersey girl is underrated
>>
He's a better podcaster than director.
>>
>>68649866
His podcasts are great but that isn't true. He's an awesome director.
>>
I love a few of his movies and like most of them, but he's honestly the type of director you can outgrow. Weed and dick and fart jokes just don't appeal to me anymore. At least he owns it though and with some of his latest projects he seems like he's honestly trying to change up his shtick. Red State was good, anyway.
>>
he makes movies for 16 year old kids
>>
>>68649866
Who isn't?
>>
>>68649935
>chasing amy
>addressing the fact that dick, sex, and fart jokes are childish and actually displays an emotional triangle between 3 interested partners
>expecting a 16 y/o to understand the in depth psychology behind that
>>
File: eatpussy.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eatpussy.png
2 MB, 1280x720
still, my favorite tag.
>>
>>68649935
That's actually a high age range demographic then you think, no one really makes movies for 17 year olds, NC-17 is seen as a bane to all movie makers.
>>
>>68649680
Because he got addicted to weed, which killed his career. He sucks now. He's sucked for a long time.
>>
>>68650263
BANE??
>>
>>68650266
Red State and Tusk are two of the best films made this millenium.
>>
>>68649680
Clerks is good.

I think Clerks 2 and Dogma are also good. Haven't seen chasing amy.

Everything else I know is pretty fucking terrible
>Cop out
>Tusk

God damn they're terrible.

Plus he seems like a horrible sycophant with shitty opinions. Watched his BvS "review" and it amounted to a glorifed summary that still clocked in at over an hour. It was fucking terrible coming from a "director" and writer.
>>
>>68649680
I don't hate him but what has he really done besides like Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob and Dogma (and Dogma is kind of a stretch, it hasn't aged well at all.) After that, his best work was his speeches which are very entertaining but the guy is a kinda childish teary eyed stoner bridge burner now
>>
>>68649680
I don't hate Kevin Smith as a director.

I hate for being a retarded, SJW piece of shit.
>>
Used to love his movies when I was 15.
I just found him bad now. It's one of those directors that appeal mainly to rebellious teens like Tarantino, you get over it pretty quickly once you become an adult.
>>
>>68650266
This. Even his Q&As suffer from weed. His Evening With videos are pretty entertaining, and now he loses his train of thought halfway into a sentence and starts crying at the drop of a hat
>>
>>68650375
This. Some of his movies are okay, but he as a person is pretty fucking repelling. It's like Joss Whedon. Remember when he was just the guy from Firefly and Buffy?
>>
>>68650375
>anyone who's not a full-fledged Nazi is SJW
Fuck you, teenager.
>>
File: le maymay man.png (11 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
le maymay man.png
11 KB, 470x454
and let's not forget he named his child after a comic book character, a shitty one at that. That's the caliber of human being he is.
>DUDE WEED LMAO IM GONNA NAME OUR KID AFTER A FICTIONAL CHARACTER WHO IS A COMPLETE WHORE
>>
>>68650464
Have you listened to any of his podcasts?

He frequently apologizes for being a white man, and petitions for Spiderman, James bond, and other iconic characters to be recast as black and or gay.

Fuck him.
>>
>>68650591
>that episode of HBO were him and Ralph are covering the Ralph Finnes as MJ story
>starts bitching about casting a white guy
>Ralph points out MJ looked white at the time and it would be impossible to cast a black guy that looks white
>Kev quickly changes the topic
He did the same thing when they mentioned the Iron Fist casting a few weeks ago
>>
File: the bleeped word is fucking.png (176 KB, 541x279) Image search: [Google]
the bleeped word is fucking.png
176 KB, 541x279
>>68650464
Uhhh, your gender othering is problematic.
>>
File: yummydick.jpg (35 KB, 640x339) Image search: [Google]
yummydick.jpg
35 KB, 640x339
>>68650464
>he doesn't know Kevin Smith is a rabid SJW
>>
File: 1459345034455.jpg (179 KB, 584x696) Image search: [Google]
1459345034455.jpg
179 KB, 584x696
>>68650873
And a horrible person in general.
>>
>>68649680

clerks, mallrats, clerks 2, Jay and silent bob strike back, and dogma are all good movies
>>
>>68650032
Maybe you're just slow
>>
File: randall courtroom askew irony.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
randall courtroom askew irony.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
I want my 8 bucks back for Clerks II
>>
I hated him when I first started getting into "patrician" films too but now that I'm older I can't help but like him. He just makes /fun/ flicks. I didn't really like Tusk but thought Red State was cool.
>>
File: 1421190754252.gif (968 KB, 479x347) Image search: [Google]
1421190754252.gif
968 KB, 479x347
>>68650888
>none of you is safe
>>
Who can respect anyone who cried like a blubbering bitch while watching Flash? Give me a break.
>>
He was neat before he was The Crying Fat Weed Nerd. Now he's like every other internet personality except with industry connections so he can make awful movies.
>>
>>68651075
Not only cried like a blubbering bitch while watching Flash, but he proceeded to record it and put it on the internet
>>
>>68649680

He's a submissive, non-threatening, beta-manchild.
>>
>>68650342
In his defense he didn't write Cop Out, and Tusk is his 1st blacklisted I'm gonna smoke weed all day movie following his scorched earth battle with Hollywood that is known as Red State.

The plot was literally thought up during one of his podcast sessions while high as fuck.
>>
How do you all know so much about him?
>>
File: fuck kevin smith.jpg (208 KB, 620x942) Image search: [Google]
fuck kevin smith.jpg
208 KB, 620x942
>>68650888
His start with comics wasn't any better either
>>
>>68649680
Kevin Smith is fucking amazing at telling a story and still manage to preserve the humor whether it's q&a's or podcasts he has a way with conveying a true story and retelling it while keeping the humor.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.