[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of man kills an unarmed messenger from behind? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
File: mouth-of-sauron-2.jpg (152 KB, 1238x600) Image search: [Google]
mouth-of-sauron-2.jpg
152 KB, 1238x600
What kind of man kills an unarmed messenger from behind? What a coward.
>>
>>68647989
CALLING ARAGORN A COWARD?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>in the books he just flees because Aragorn shames him

Bravo Nolan!
>>
>>68648434

Yes, I am. Killing an unarmed man is the epitome of cowardice. Jackson butchered Aragorn.
>>
>>68647989
It was their last stand. I doubt he cared at that point
>>
it was a prank bro
>>
>>68648522
Fuck him. Dude came out spouting off bullshit. Would've cut his head off the second he spoke.
>caring about a villain's demise
>>
>>68648698
You can tell alot of a person by the way he/she treats an enemy.
>>
>>68648522
I mean yea movie Aragorn is a lot different from book Aragorn but I think the change was necessary. If they had kept Aragorn's character the same as in the book he would've just come off as an arrogant prick to most audiences.
>>
>>68648472
It was Gandalf who made him flee
>>
>>68648785
*tips*
>>
>>68648902
That's funny coming from a rabid autist fanboy of Peter Hackson's disgrace to LotR disguised as a film series.

Bet you liked the Hobbit films too you fucking retard.
>>
>>68648963
:^)
>>
>>68649017
Okay, I get it. You're just a shitposter.
>>
>>68649036
>I'm a shitposter because you're autistic
okay familia
>>
>>68648882
He's one of the least butchered characters. Gandalf was actually a condescending prick; Samwise was pretty childish (and violent) and even Frodo is a manipulative fuck to Gollum.
>>
If Sauron knew that he had a hobbit captured in Cirith Ungol and that a hobbit carried the ring, why didn't he order for a search for the ring in all of Mordor and leave Aragorn outside knocking on the gate?
>>
>>68648522
>man

That is no man
>>
Who gives a shit what happens to the enemy?
Faggots like OP, that's who.
>>
>>68649097
Sam had the ring when Frodo was captured.
>>
>>68649116

He's a man who chose to be evil but Tolkien believed anyone could be redeemed.
>>
>>68649116
Black numenorean (a.k.a. the ones Sauron turned into cultists of Morgoth in the second age)
>>
>>68649183
Even orcs?
>>
>>68649097
He thought Frodo was just a spy. Sauron never actually considers the fact that they would try to destroy the ring, since the destruction of the ring essentially means the end of all magic. In the books it's made a bit more clear. Plus when Aragorn looks into the Palantir he convinces Sauron that he (Aragorn) has the ring and that he is going to use it against Sauron.
>>
>>68649232

In canon, no orcs ever showed remorseful behavior, but Tolkien expressed privately in letters that orcs were not beyond redemption.
>>
>>68649232
Well, orcs are killing one another all the time, so maybe yes.
>>
File: Feanor and Fingolfin.jpg (264 KB, 1280x706) Image search: [Google]
Feanor and Fingolfin.jpg
264 KB, 1280x706
When is Jackson going to give us that Silmarillion adaptation?
>>
>>68649317
Hopefully never. Fuck hackson
>>
>>68649238
>knows for a fact that a hobbit carries the ring
>ignores the one that got captured in his territory and just tells his PR guy to tell everyone that he is dead
>believes when Aragorn tells him "I've got the ring, neener neener neener"

Sauron deserved to get 9/11'd
>>
>>68647989
Talk shit get hit
>>
>>68647989
>not wanting an alpha king that removes all Mordor fucking shits

I bet you think they should make peace and open the gates of Minas Tirith to Haradrim, Easterling and Orc immigrants
>>
>>68648785
hahahahaha
>>
>>68649355
it was entirely possible to use the ring to fuck up sauron. sneaking through his place with it to destroy it, which no one is even capable of doing, is not the most obvious plan.
>>
Why did Gollum spend over 60 years sneaking into and out of Mordor but never bothered going to the shire to get the ring back from Bilbo.
>>
>>68649673
He was on his way but ended up trapped in moria. Jesus, did you even read the book?
>>
>>68649673
He didn't know where the Shire was. He stumbled into Mordor while trying to find it and was captured.
>>
>>68649096
>>68648882
I'm watching through all the movies again currently, can someone give me a rundown of how the characters were changed for the movies?
>>
>>68649317
Jackson is just Lucas 2.0. You see the original series and think he's a genius.

...then you see the prequel trilogy which were the films they WANTED to make how they wanted to make them and realize how shit they always were and that the original trilogy were just flukes.
>>
>>68649793
>>68649721
why didn't he just read a map or ask for directions?
>>
>>68649822
cuz hes a freak
>>
>>68649096
>even Frodo is a manipulative fuck to Gollum.
this is in the films pretty solidly
>>
>>68649818
I don't buy this. There are so many directorial moments throughout the series that are truly great.
>>
>>68649928
Just like in the Star Wars OT. Then suddenly they discover CGI.
>>
>>68649958
CGI is pretty essential to the LOTR trilogy
>>
>>68649794
Gimli was a noble warrior and not just comic relief

Frodo was like 50 and felt a much older character than how Elijah Wood portrayed him

Merry is quite sarcastic in the books, Gandalf is more of a prick

The others are pretty similar from what I remember
>>
>>68649818
>the films they WANTED to make how they wanted to make them
But Hackson never wanted to make the Hobbit and I doubt that he wanted to have a studio telling him to stretch the two movies into three in the middle of the production.
>>
>>68649958
>>68649990
Jackson didn't particularly want to direct them but Guillermo left the project

also they forced him to stretch it into 3 films instead of 2
>>
>>68647989
Perhaps what you should be wondering is why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
>>
>>68647989
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE ENTS
havealwaysbeenlookingfortheirwives so Barliman Butterbur
>>
>>68649794
1) In the books Aragorn knows from the beginning of the Felowship that he's going to become the King, he doesn't have any self doubt in himself or anything.
2) Arwen's role is very much underplayed in the books, it's hinted that she and Aragorn are in love in the first book but that's it.
3) In the books Gimli isn't just there for comic relief and Legolas doesn't just stand around in the background, but obviously it would've been nearly impossible to flesh out every character in the movies
4) Faramir never tries to take the ring from Frodo. As soon as he finds out that Frodo is carrying the One Ring he lets him go.
5) Frodo never tells Sam to leave in the Return of the King.
There's countless more changes but these are the main ones that come in my head. There's also lots of characters who were left out and several events which never happened in the movie (Scouring of the Shire). Overall though the books and movies and pretty great in their own right.
>>
>>68648522
That nigga's inhuman
Fuck him
>>
>>68650119
>tfw Tolkien for all his amazing worldbuilding can't write characters for shit
>>
>>68650119
>In the books Aragorn knows from the beginning of the Felowship that he's going to become the King, he doesn't have any self doubt in himself or anything.
yeah I forget this one, in the books he is a lot more sure of himself
>>
>>68649794
>>68649997

Going with more minor characters here, but don't forget how they completely changed Faramir's character. In the book, he totally rejects the idea of taking the ring or hindering Frodo's mission. He's kind of a paragon of how men should be, similar to Aragorn in that he's a callback to the more honorable men of old.

Also Eomer got shafted by the films, I thought. What we got was decent, but very trimmed down. In the books the friendship that develops between Aragorn and Eomer is one of the strongest relationships we see. But I'm not complaining too much, some things had to go for the films and I get that.
>>
>>68647989
Killing a diplomat/ambassador, no matter what the message or who/what they represent makes you a pretty shit king.
>>
>>68650222
Tell that to leonidas or king barbarrosa
>>
>>68650217
>>68649997
Arwen had nothing to do with rescuing Frodo and is essentially only there as Aragorn's love interest.
>>
>>68648785
So, what are you gonna do about it? Your head is already rolling
>>
>>68650217
>Also Eomer got shafted by the films, I thought.
I completely forgot about this. In the movies they gave most of his lines and character development to Theoden. But yea you're right, some things had to go for the films.
>>
>>68649794
Merry is very prominent instead of just a prop. There is no Frodo/Sam/Gollum love triangle (all of their interactions were made up, actually) Faramir wasn't portrayed as a villain. Denethor isn't retarded. Theoden didnt refuse to help gondor. Treebeard wasnt as hasty. Elrond never said that "men are weak" bullshit.
>>
File: gbdgenghis.jpg (82 KB, 480x390) Image search: [Google]
gbdgenghis.jpg
82 KB, 480x390
>>68650307
>what are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>68650147
He wrote the characters the same way saga writers did, it's just the style he was trying to replicate.
>>
>>68651124
You're not supposed to reply to shitpost,anon.
>>
>>68650353
karma for stealing Erkenbrand's big hero moment.
>>
File: mouth.jpg (198 KB, 598x831) Image search: [Google]
mouth.jpg
198 KB, 598x831
was the Mouth of Sauron really a person?

he was probably just some bullcrap cobbled together out of evil and magic, like the Eye of Sauron and the one ring. I don't think you can really think of him as a normal emissary.
>>
>>68651514
The books say he's a person but he's just become extremely corrupted following Sauron
>>
>>68651514

Magic cannot create in LOTR.
>>
>>68651607
explain the uruks
>>
>>68651514
Read>>68649208
>>
>>68651658
Elves tortured and maimed trough generations untill all resemblance was lost. Nothing magic about it
>>
>>68651861
why were they born from the sack things
>>
>>68651921
What sack things? You mean the movies? Fuck that. Saruman didn't create the uruks. He made them resistant to sunlight. Though he created slant eyed humans with orc blood.
>>
>>68647989
A dunedain.
>>
>>68652009
Yeah, I mean in the movies.
So that part is non-cannon?
>>
>>68649317

>implying we won't get "the Silmarillion" from J.J. Abrams
>>
>>68649208
>WE WUZ NUMENOREANS AND SHIT
>>
>>68652055
It can be if you desire :^)
>>
He was a messenger, killing him send a powerful message so it's all kosher.
>>
>>68652055
The movies made a lot of changes from the books, they're essentially two separate tellings of the same story. Book-wise the sack things are non-cannon but movie-wise you can just say that Saruman created the Uruks.
>>
because it was epic, duh

I mean you neckbeards will complain about anything
>>
>>68650477
No Denethor was a crazy in the books as well.
>>
>>68652562
But he wasn't a retard
>>
>>68652911
yeah
>>
>>68651514
Not sure about the books but IIRC in the movies they wanted the impression that he just spoke so much foul evil sorcery bullshit that it corrupted his oral hygiene.
>>
>>68652063
What parts would make it in?
>>
>>68652212
It kills the whole point of the Orcs though. I think if there was a method to create Uruks (objectively 100% superior to Orcs) from mud and wizard cum, Sauron would've known about it.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.