[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite short film from Memories? And why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: memories.jpg (66 KB, 580x823) Image search: [Google]
memories.jpg
66 KB, 580x823
What's your favourite short film from Memories?

And why is it Magnetic Rose?
>>
>>68647352
because magnetic rose is pure kino where as the other two are average 80's quality.
>>
The smell one was just too silly of a premise. Great animation though. Any message in that one just comes off weak.

The cannon one has an equally strong message as magnetic rose. Art and animation is great and all, but magnetic rose just had the perfect combination of the two.
>>
>>68649496
>equally strong message as magnetic rose
>magnetic rose
>message
Yikes
>>
Cannon Fodder>Magnetic Rose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stink Bomb
>>
>>68649567
That's okay it's not for everyone.
>>
>>68649496
It was silly on purpose. It's stylistically designed to be that way and you can't undo that.
>>
>>68649653
>magnetic rose
>silly

What the fuck are you on about?
>>
File: otomo-satoshi-morimoto.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
otomo-satoshi-morimoto.webm
2 MB, 640x480
One of the best hand drawn explosions ever
>>
File: 1448559935558.webm (3 MB, 738x400) Image search: [Google]
1448559935558.webm
3 MB, 738x400
>>
>>68649496
I kind of interpreted Stink Bomb as something of a running metaphor about how trying to cover up a scandal can make end up making it way worse. Everyone on the chain of command, from the in-house boss to the chief of the company, to the Prime minister, tried to obfuscate and cover up instead of admit to fault, essentially CAUSING the whole mess.

I didn't really 'get' Cannon Fodder. It seemed meandering. Totally lacking in narrative. It seemed to be simply a "day in the life" of an ordinary family in a strange, WW1 inspired, militarized society.
>>
File: mem1.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mem1.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>
File: mem2.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mem2.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>
>>68649785
Cannon Fodder is more about a government lying to its people and the use of propaganda. The kid being main symbol of it all. I found it very powerful the way it was all presented to him and made him dream of firing the big gun. It wasn't trying to show a day in the life of a family, but a how propaganda works narrative.

I like your thoughts on stink bomb, makes me hate it less.
>>
File: mem3.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mem3.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>
File: mem4.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mem4.webm
3 MB, 640x480
Also, cannon fodders single long take is a background artists nightmare, had to of required a fuck ton of story boarding.
>>
File: mem5.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mem5.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>
>>68649496
it was joke that was just stretched too far out imho
>>
>>68649949
You said the exact same thing in the last thread about memories, I know because I was there
>>
>>68650132
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSxSyv4LC1c
>>
>>68650166
Patrician MMO, EVE players are the only gamers I respect
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.