[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4
File: community.jpg (45 KB, 600x233) Image search: [Google]
community.jpg
45 KB, 600x233
What went wrong?
>>
Too many mexicans
>>
gillian jacobs isnt my girlfriend
>>
>>68646961
Chevy got pissy, NBC dicked them around with airing times/dates, Dan is a fucking man child, and a few other cast members bounced for various reason.
>>
Dumb fat christian black bitch
I hate her
>>
>>68646961
Harmon just lost it around season 3 and never picked it back up.
>>
>>68646961
Season 4 then they were never really able to recoup it after that
>>
They lost Harmon for a season and too many main cast members started peeling off
>>
>>68646961
budget meant they had to film everything inside, so no outdoor scenes
>>
Losing Harmon for a season stunted the popularity of the show's growth and then they went overboard making seasons beyond 4.

They knowingly had a small window of success and they dropped it. Also Chevy has a hugely inflated head when his style of comedy is long gone.
>>
They didn't show enough of Gillian Jacobs' sexy body.
>>
Got too meta / appealing to the niche internet fangays.
>>
>>68648176
>Chevy has a hugely inflated head when his style of comedy is long gone.

Didn't he just object to being "le kooky raciss" 9/10 episodes?
>>
Chevy Chase
>>
>>68647161
Chevy is the king of pissy. I am honestly not sure why they hired him considering his track record and history.
>>
>>68648279
then he said something around the lines of "Next thing Pierce will be saying nigger" then everyone got super butthurt. Chevy got annoyed by the writing
>>
>>68648515

And i agree, him being the punching bag of the group was entirely uninteresting and the first cracks in the show to me.
>>
>>68648391
Because the only role that can be played perfectly by Chevy and Chevy alone is one written for the sole purpose of shitting on everything that is Chevy
>>
Chevy Chase
>>
>>68648562
Chang was always the punching bag and was way better for it.
>>
>>68648391
Because Chevy and McHale are the only funny people in the entire show.
>>
>>68648740

But that's wrong. He was the asshole teacher who ran them through hoops and was kooky with a soft side for his wife.

Only after the show went to shit (and Chevy left) did he become the LE ZANY WACKY punching bag, same with the Dean.

Whole series just flanderized the shit out of everyone.
>>
>Season 3 moving so far out of reality
>Dan and Chevy feuding
>Firing Dan for Chevy which was a horrible choice as even the network quickly realized
>Season 4 existing and losing a big portion of the audience
>Only fans bothered to check out 5 and 6 which were actually pretty good

Hopefully Rick and Memey has proven successful enough that Harmon can get another show because he is talented. Although he's kinda like the Comedic version of Joss Whedon. He has a far better taste in waifus though.
>>
>>68648176
Chevy has more comedy in his fucking asshole than Harmon does in his whole body. He's still a dick but at least he's good at his job, unlike Harmon
>>
>>68646961
When Britta hooked up with the nigger, we can all dance around this fact and be politically correct and come up with all sorts of excuses, but you know it, I know it, everyone else knows it but are too afraid to say it.

The interracial relationship ruined the show.
>>
>>68648889
For u
>>
I'm just now watching season 6 for the first time. I'm about halfway through. Here's what I'm realizing.

>Keith David > Chevy Chase
>Wish they would have just cast him originally.
>Shirley leaves the show and literally nothing of value was lost.
>Chang is only good as an antagonist, and in small doses.
>Troy was great but ...
>Him and Abed together were pants on head most of the time
>Abed is way more enjoyable without Troy.
>Less Winger
>Less Dean
>More minor characters and guests
>>
>>68648915
Yeah I agree for sure. Keith David as always is excellent and he had some of the best moments in Season 6. Also Paget Brewster didn't have many standout moments but using her as a straight man balanced things out well.

Garrett's wedding and the Convict episodes were some of my favorites the series has had. It's a shame they couldn't gather enough interest for a Season 7 because I'm very certain that movie will never be made.
>>
They let the tumblr fandom get to them
>>
This was like my favourite show in 2012-13, fucking massive nostalgia desu

I haven't even seen season 6, season 5 was just so bland
>>
> Fuck the show up so hard you have to have your main character LITERALLY speak to the camera talking about how hard you fucked up.

Kek.
>>
>>68646961
Season 4 - 6

I went along for the ride just for Annie. I don't reget it. 4 - 6 is meh but not horrible. 1 - 3 were just so much better.
>>
The last handful of episodes of S3 are the closest thing meta comedy can come to being elite imo

Fuck the flashback episode was top shit
>>
everything after season 2 and when the blond chick and the brunette didn't make out.
>>
>>68648217
Mr skeletal
>>
S1 and S2 were godtier, S3 was bretty gud, first signs of the bastardisation that was to come but still had 10/10 episodes, rest were just shit. The show basically became a parody of its self, and it was just never going to recover from cast members dropping like flies, with the writing trying desperately to accomodate that fact.

It's a shame, I'd consider it one of my favourite shows if it was just s1-3. Maybe even 4 too.
>>
Hi Jerry, nice dubs. Now drink the love out of my dick
>>
>>68649453
>the blond chick and the brunette didn't make out.
JUST
>>
>>68646961
The show wasn't sustainable - the writers were throwing crazy shit against the wall as they assumed the show wouldn't last and eventually that eventually worked to its detriment.
>>
>>68646961
what could have been desu
>>
It's fucking incredible that Community lasted 110 episodes. The show rapidly became batshit crazy and its ratings were fucking terrible for years at a time.

(Season 3 lost the plot, but season 4 ultimately killed it imo, a ton of people didn't return after that season and its ratings just collapsed)
>>
>>68646961
conversely, why was the earlier seasons so good?
>>
>>68650036
NBC power vacuum at the time led to them letting Dan Harmon doing whatever the fuck he wanted with little oversight. Harmon is batshit insane and didn't have a ton of TV experience so didn't know any better.
>>
>>68650036
>>68650108
Oh, plus shitty ratings meant Harmon constantly thought the show was going to get cancelled, which pushed him to do crazy shit before the show died. That's basically where the latter half of season 1 and season 2 came from. And then the fucking show lasted 6 seasons.
>>
>>68648391
Chevy Chase was the funniest thing on that show they squandered him, probably because of his attitude. Still, episode after episode the writers steered the whole thing in a completely shitty direction. It's too bad too since the little things were okay, like troy and abed's friendship- but they didn't have the proper framework to keep the show going.
>>
Dan Harmon was difficult to work with and they fired him after season 3. The people who took over season 4 just tried to copy everything he'd already done and not do much new, except for the puppet episode which is probably one of the most cringengly awful episodes of any show ever. Eventually they did get Dan back, but many of the main cast were leaving to do other things. It did get better again in season 5, but got cancelled. Surprisingly, Yahoo picked it up for series 6, but Yahoo didn't realise that an online video service has to be monitised in some way(adverts or subscription fees) and lost millions. The ending to season 6 wrapped it up pretty well though.
>>
File: Annie1.gif (712 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
Annie1.gif
712 KB, 390x219
>43 replies
>no images
>>
Season 4 was rubbish and Season 3 had some pretty big lows

but as a whole, I can happily watch season 1 - 6 and feel comfy the whole way through

as shit as Chevy is reported to be IRL, Pearce was a great character and the dynamic changed quite a bit when he was kick out.
>>
>>68650294
Pierce was great in season 1.

In season 2, they kept on making him become more of a jackass which I imagine is one of the things that pissed Chevy off a lot.
>>
Season 12 with George Lopez was da bomb yo
>>
>>68646961
It started pandering to it's fanbase too much.
>>
Alison Brie got skinny
>>
>>68650279
>she will NEVER castrate you with her teeth
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>
>>68647216
More like the middle of season 2. Everything and everyone just got really fucking stupid. You just had to accept it was different show and just take it for the wacky, zany show it became or hate it completely.
>>
>>68648740
Chang used to fuck with the study group bro. He was the closest thing the show had to a villian for the first season.
>>
>>68649379
>for annie

Fun Fact, on the mark maron podcost Brie admited to sucking off 2 dudes at once in college.

Brie also fucked a nigger, according to donald glover(who is a nigger, so may have been lying).

Your waifu a shit.
>>
>>68650766
> sucking off 2 dudes at once
But that's impossible.
>>
>>68650887
with love, anything is possible
>>
>>68650414
She's sad to look at now.
>>
>>68646961
Chevy left. Only the first two seasons are good anyway. Few good epsiode, the one with the secret trampoline, the one with Chevy playing this video game with the others and 1-2 Abed episodes.
>>
it just got way way to out there for the sake of being out there
Also should have ended on the season 3 finale with Jeff and the court case
It was a very roller coaster season in terms of quality, but that last episode had a great sense of the story being over
>>
File: jewed.jpg (72 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
jewed.jpg
72 KB, 1024x724
>>68650279
Does someone have the high resolution picture of her which showed how disgusting she actually looks with ugly skin and a mustache?

Or did the Jews already delete it completely?
>>
>>68651081
i've got it but i don't want the illuminati coming to my house 5063
>>
>>68650766

Dude, that just makes her sound like a chick you could get into all kinds of weird freaky situations with, what the fuck is wrong with that?

Having a couple drinks, hanging out in hollywood, impromptu orgy, alright!
>>
>>68648841
>Harmon
>talented

No anon, no.
>>
The same thing that happens to most long-running shows. The characters start to flanderize. The writers start retelling fan-favorite jokes over and over via references instead of making new memorable moments. Zany, fan-favorite supporting characters start getting too much focus because the writers are bored with the main cast and become increasingly grating. The show slowly becomes a parody of itself and falls apart.

With Community it was just turned up to 11 because of all the ridiculous shit tearing up production behind the scenes.
>>
Childhood is when you idolize Harmon, adulthood is when you realize Chevy makes more sense.
>>
>>68651356
Chevy is a fucking asshole. The idea that he was somehow in the right about Community is stupid as fuck, he hated the show since day 1, made everyone's lives utter hell and just wanted to mug endlessly.
>>
The video game episode
>>
File: 1409662625624.jpg (8 KB, 298x212) Image search: [Google]
1409662625624.jpg
8 KB, 298x212
>>68649327
>favourite show in 2012-13, fucking massive nostalgia
>>
>>68650766
I don't give a fuck m8.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>68652731
>t.cuck
>>
>>68648562

I liked him as the weird out of touch guy. Easily my favourite Pierce moment is the halloween episode when he's the Beastmaster but no one gets it
>>
Will Chevy come back for the movie? He was my favorite character
>>
>>68651070
>Also should have ended on the season 3 finale with Jeff and the court case
this
s3 finale resolves the main character Jeff's character development
he even explains his deal about not being so "God is dead, booyah" anymore
>>
>>68649263
Paget is so sexy
>>
>>68646961

Gambino left
>>
Don't talk shit about Dan Harmon unless you know Heat Vision and Jack.

The channel 101 stuff is great too, but it's a little more niche.
>>
Chang stopped being a teacher.
Pierce stopped being the well intentioned but out of touch guy and became a crazy asshole.
Characters became cartoon characters in season 3. (you could say this started in season 2)
Characters stuck around when there was clearly no use for them anymore.
Concepts took over being an episode of Community with a concept in it. Compare the buddy cop episode in season 1 to the law and order episode in season 3.
Dan Harmon was a stuck up drunk prick.

>>68648841
>Season 4 existing and losing a big portion of the audience
But the sad thing is season 4 had the most consistent ratings in the entire series run. Season 5 had viewers dropping like flies if I remember. And season 5 was awful.
>>
>>68652680
>not having nostalgia for 2012-13

your life must've sucked desu
>>
>>68647181
fuck it, shes one of the funniest characters in the first two seasons
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.