[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm feeling really depressed right now, and I'm gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (274 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274 KB, 800x1200
I'm feeling really depressed right now, and I'm gonna watch Dazed and Confused for the first time tonight.

Hope it'll make me feel a little better. Anyway, pre-emptively starting a discussion thread, and hoping it'll still be up when I get back.
>>
>>68644876
>thats why I like high school girls
I get older and they stay the same way
>>
>>68644876
Fun fact, they almost quite literally picked up Matthew McConaughey off the street for this film.
>>
>>68645596

Fun fact 2: I fucked one of the girls in this movie and she said MConaughey's role was expanded as soon as he got into character.

Dazed and Confused rocks, yeah.
>>
>>68645914
Does she have on screen time?
>>
>>68645932

Of course.
>>
>>68646152
Well which one is it, you girl fucking faggot?
>>
File: apathy.png (164 KB, 309x257) Image search: [Google]
apathy.png
164 KB, 309x257
It won't make you feel better. It will make you feel like you completely wasted your youth inside reading boards like this. After you're done, you'll feel friendless and lonely.
>>
>>68645596
Proof?
>>
>>68646449
>tfw 19
>tfw I've got years ahead of me
I've got time. Just need experience.

Also fucking iTunes rental decided it was gonna load like a fucking slug so I'm gonna give it a second to load.
>inb4 why didn't you Torrent
I just don't.

The movie's pretty fucking awesome so far, btw.
>>
Ah well. I'll try again later.
>>
Got it workin' again, and I loved the hell out of it. Full thoughts to follow.
>>
>>68649838
Alright, so I actually loved the hell out of this, it's definitely the predecessor to Everybody Wants Some(!!), but I gotta say this movie does a lot of stuff even better.

From the title you would think that weed would be a lot more major of a focus, but it's really more about the characters, and that's just fine with me.

What really stood out for me was sort of the interplay between stories. Where Everybody Wants Some sort of stayed with the main character Jake throughout the film and used him as sort of an audience insert, you don't really get any sort of guide to this particular microcosm of high school summer life, it just sorta tosses you in. I'm perfectly okay with that, since it gives you more opportunities to just sorta meander with the characters. EWS is a little more focused.

It made me kinda reflect, however, on this sort of situation and my own life, how shit like this happens to some people while I've sort of stagnated socially and emotionally. There was one character (can't quite remember his name at the moment, he was the one that got beat up by the greaser pothead), had this great speech in the car about experience, and sorta not living for the future, that shit stuck with me.

Anyway, inb4 "nice blog faggot", I just wanted to talk about it a little.
>>
Last bump before I go to bed.
>>
>>68646449
Eh you were part right.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 350x233
free bump
>>
My first movie fap was to Parker Posey in this
>>
>>68646449
As a guy who spent his first 2 years of high school browsing boards like this and being a loser while spending the last 2 years as popular and party going due to moving and changing the way I acted, I choose being a shut in every time.
>>
>>68652553
I kinda perfer being a shut in, I don't have the energy to be anything else.
>>
>>68644876
>Hope it'll make me feel a little better
It doesn't work. You only notice how much more boring real life is.
>>
I'm bumping this because it's a decent fucking thread.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.