[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dwight's babysitter actually a homeless person? At the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 513x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 513x287
Is Dwight's babysitter actually a homeless person?

At the end of this ep, he drives past her (standing at a bus stop with another homeless person) without saying anything or offering a lift. I don't know why else it would show this scene.
>>
No, she lives near Dwight presumably. It's supposed to show Dwight is such a psycho egotistical autist who doesn't understand social conventions that after he used her to get into the party (which he wasn't invite too anyway) , he wouldn't even go a few minutes out of his way to drop her home
>>
>>68640901

Dwight is often shown to be a good person though, deep down. I don't want to overanalyse the show, but he is seen very caring to Pam, Michael and Phyllis at times and it wouldn't surprise me that he would bring in a homeless person to provide a hot meal for them
>>
Why can't you follow along with basic storylines involving human interaction?
>>
>>68641112

Is this for OP?
>>
>>68641096
Most of the nice things he does is to get something himself, this included.
The situations where they're truly selfless tends to be with people he's known for years and overtime developed a relationship with. He'll still be a cunt to them randomly in the next episode too so it never really lasts
>>
>>68641212
Yes.
>>
>>68641235

That's true. There are glimpses at a warm, caring Dwight. But I guess he's a clown character after all and its a comedy show.
>>
>>68641281

I don't know what you mean. The writers often have underlying storylines and character development in the show. I'm putting forward a theory that the babysitter is homeless, which would be pretty heartwarming as Dwight made a rare good deed.
>>
>>68641435
Nah she was a weird old lady, and literally the only woman he knew he could drag with him to get into the couples only party. He was using her

She babysitted him as a kid, presumably she's a hick who lives on a close by farm. He doesn't give a fuck about her.

Hes probably nicest to Pam, I think its because she is nice to him a lot, and they teamed up a few times. But he's really only just okay to her, he'd probably step over her corpse to get a manager position
>>
>>68641548
That makes sense. I think you're right, and it still shows an interesting side to his character
>>
>>68641096
is anyone in this bullshit show not "derp down a good person"?
>>
>>68641690
In the sense of character development over a long period of time, it's only natural that every character has redeeming qualities, or at least explanation as for why they're like that.
>>
>>68641690

Stanley, Ryan, Kelly, Angela. Michael is the most obvious "deep down is a good person" character but it's interesting to see it unfold in the first few seasons.
>>
File: Ryan and Kelly.jpg (96 KB, 654x366) Image search: [Google]
Ryan and Kelly.jpg
96 KB, 654x366
>>68641690
>>
>>68641690
Packard.
>>
>>68641690
Toby
>>
>>68641911

He's pretty helpful and caring to everybody - unless you're getting into the Scranton Strangler story here.
>>
>>68641690
Most people in real life are basically good.
>>
>>68641961
Hes a beta who thinks his pathetic pining entitles him to chicks.
>>
File: 1458942096774.jpg (34 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1458942096774.jpg
34 KB, 338x305
>>68642042
>>
>>68642396
They are. Go peddle your self indulgent cynicism elsewhere. Most people believe (fear?) themselves to be bad "deep down", and even project this belief onto other people, but are in fact, basically good.
>>
>>68642466
Yup. This is why people study Serial Killers, because it's so rare that people have nothing inside
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.