[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Walt never suffer any PTSD affects throughout the entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Why did Walt never suffer any PTSD affects throughout the entire show? I mean he has acute symptoms I suppose, IE The whole thing with Jane, but there doesn't appear to be any point where he suffers from panic attacks (like Hank with Tuco) or nightmares.
>>
>>68640005
You think every killer feels PTSD?
>>
>>68640005
He has sociopathic tendencies. That actually alleviates PTSD.
>>
>>68640076
>Walt
>killer
LOL
>>
>>68640050
It's a part of the plot, this is why Jessie goes insane, and Walt doesn't. Jessie is a normal person. Walter is not. I think we all know someone that got cancer and didn't all of sudden go against all morals of society like a deranged animal.

This includes walking naked in a grocery story to lie to family members. The trope of not telling the family in TV shows is a trope that is akin to sociopaths.
>>
He must have been a sociopath from how little he gave a shit about other people
>>
>>68640117
Didn't say killer. Many doctors and lawyers and successful people have sociopathic tendencies. This is how they don't get PTSD.

Also, laughing that Walt isn't a killer, is kinda weird thing.

He kills a bunch of people. The finally is him killing a shit ton of people that he hired to kill a shit ton of people. Not to mention how easily he killed people face to face.

There's entire season endings of him killing someone. He even convinces JEsse that he's a 'good' person because he would never use a kid's as part of his plans.

so whatever, you must know what sociopath means better then me.

It means "KILLER"

KEK
>>
>>68640154
You just answered your question. Its BECAUSE he got cancer that he didn't give a shit. He thought he was already a dead man walking for half the show so he didn't bat an eye after the fact.

His biggest challenge was bringing himself to actually commit his crimes the first time around.
>>
>>68640231
>Walt
>killer
LOL
>>
>>68640248
To Walt ends justified the means
>>
>>68640285
>>68640117
Are you retarded?
>>
>>68640275
Yeah, people with cancer don't commit crimes without batting an eye. That's a sign he was sociopathic.

The other signs is that he was smart enough to win a nobel prize. If you think cancer makes people sociopaths you'd think we'd have cops watch over critical patients more.

Most cancer people want to live a normal life, there are some interesting side effects to lung cancer like increased intelligence though, and feelings of euphoria.

Mostly you don't want to lie to your family, and tell them the truth.
>>
>>68640312
In polite society means justifies the end, in sociopathic world ends justifies the means.

It's the 2 sides of the coins.
>>
Heisenberg did the killings, not Walt
>>
>>68640564
Who's this Heisenberg fella?
>>
>>68640385
I'm not the guy you responded to earlier. I'm also not arguing that cancer turned him into a sociopath, but getting cancer made him take the steps that draw that side out. He gets consumed with megalomania.
>>
Psychopathy
>>
PTSD is a stupid plot device
>>
>>68640690
I find it funny more than anything
>>
>>68640666
Nice try Satan but sociopath isnt the same as psychopath. They are not capable of creating families as oppose to sociopaths.
>>
>>68640690
PTSD is more real then fake. I find it odd why PTSD and stockholm isn't used a a plot device more often. It's better then "cuz i am the dayman/nightman i do this for me/them"

Some people are just afraid, and some people are just confused.
>>
>>68640564
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH

so it was split personalities!!!!
FIGHT CLUB ENDING
>>
File: 1461318546701.png (236 KB, 267x545) Image search: [Google]
1461318546701.png
236 KB, 267x545
Bravo Vince
>>
>>68640427

>>68640344
>>
>ITT: sociopathy, psychopathy

Is this the new buzzword? They're not even clinical terms anymore, tumblrites.

Walt doesn't have BPD. He feels empathy.

Not everyone gets PTSD. Some people thrive on the adrenaline rush, like Walt.
>>
>>68640005
>A little fuckboi trying to play ganster
>A little fuckboi trying to play cop
>A MAN trying to provide for his family before his inevitable death
Gee,i wonder why.
>>
>>68642363
It is a new buzzword, Sherlock Holmes, Hannibal, Breaking Bad made these shows popular, they're good shows, but still these tendencies are not what you think they are,

it's not people that are 100% unempathetic, we're not talking about harden criminals, but manipulators.

logical and reasonable people. Gus was more extreme then anyone really. They're signs of successful people though. It's literally the counter to PTSD.
so you call us tumlrites but i had to look up about the clinical terms, but they are clinical terms.

the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, (DSM IV) contains a category for something called “antisocial personality disorder” (APD), while the World Health Organization delineates a similar category it calls "dissocial personality disorder." These are much broader categories than that of psychopathy. The category of psychopath is seen as included within this category but considerably smaller so that only roughly 1 in 5 people with APD is a psychopath (Kiehl and Buckholtz, 2010).

It's not the same thing you have nigger.
>>
>>68642567
a man provides for his family by earning stacks on the street, slining that blue shiiieet ma nigga, ya feel me? don't cha think that's how we DO?

keepin it real.

no a real man would have accepted the money from his friends to get cured and live with family and children happily and accepted a job instead of crying abut pride.
>>
>>68640005
He's a man of science. Reduces everything to chemical reactions, even his own emotions.
>>
>>68640427
This is also why Chuck did nothing wrong to Jimmy.
>>
>>68643490

None of which changes anything the anon said. Walt is not a psychopath.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.