[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when did you stop watching the simpsons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: thesimpsons.jpg (162 KB, 1035x586) Image search: [Google]
thesimpsons.jpg
162 KB, 1035x586
when did you stop watching the simpsons?
>>
>>68639192

S12
>>
>>68639192
I've literally only seen the movie
>>
Around 2000. I can't believe it has kept going for 16 more years
>>
>>68639192
Just watch reruns on fx
>>
>>68639192
shame to say but only this season, every fucking episode is about Lisa and muh strong womyn.

Bart and Homer are Maggie tear props
>>
I just browsed the episodes on Wikipedia.

On Season 12 I only remember seeing a single episode (Homer pulls a crayon out of his brain)

I have not watched a single Episode from Season 13...

So i stopped watching the Simpsons 15 years ago.

Jesus fucking Christ... there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of episodes that I do not even know exists let alone watched.

wow, kinda mind boggling.
>>
>>68639192
Season 15 or so, mostly just out of habit. Never made a conscious decision, just blew them off to play video games or something and didn't really care.

Always looked forward to the reruns though, simpsons and then seinfeld every weekday made my life much more humorous.
>>
>that my pad episode with steve mops
>that lady gaga episode
>that episode where lisa gets a new friend and they start living in that abandoned restaurant making fairytales
>when every fucking episode, every single one has a guest celebrity. when every fucking one started doing this
>that episode where homer and abe go to ireland
>that episode where homer has a new co worker who happens to be a spy or something with PTSD.
>that lisa ballet episode
>that episode where bart finds a kid who looks like him and they swap lives
>>
>>68639192
Watched every Sunday night with my pa until season 16. That's when I was about 16 and would have rather been out with my friends.
>>
When the Simpsons marathon ended
I had fun shit posting in chat with you fags
>>
>>68639192
I didnt

its literally still good
>>
File: Phoenix_Sweating_1.gif (56 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix_Sweating_1.gif
56 KB, 256x192
>We have reached the point where there have been more bad seasons of the Simpsons than good ones
Just can it already. Please. Latest one I remember watching was the one where they get abducted by Kang and Kodos. Only worse ones I can think of are the restraining order episode and anything >>68640730 said
>>
The first episode I thought was pretty bad was the one where Bart gets addicted to Ritalin. There were a few episodes of lacking quality in the series before that one, but nothing that poor.

I actively stopped watching when I watched the Florida episode with the crocodile. It's just fucking awful. Kid Rock, that midget, the weird story about the police chasing them and them living in a diner. Total trash.
>>
>>68640730
The Iceland episode

why is Carl such a douche in the new Simpsons? Loke the one where he becomes Homer's boss
>>
Altogether, somewhere in the series' late teens. Never missing an episode, somewhere in season 10. I haven't watched a new episode on TV in years, haven't gone online to look for new episodes.
>>
>>68641444
>Iceland
Fuck you, I'd forgotten about that.
>>
>>68639192
The one where they go on a cruise and bart stops it so they can be on it forever. Not even an attempt at humor, and a cheesy ending.
>>
Its a great feeling when you can browse old simpsons episodes which you barely remember from some shady cartoon streaming site

You could just do this forever
>>
a few years after the movie. I used to be OBSESSED with the simpsons but then i just grew out of it.
>>
>>68639192
The Simpsons began the same time I was born. I grew up with the show, loving it from the tender age of three years old. One of the first things I ever learned how to do was tape re-runs off the tv, the first I can remember being the one with the "who needs the kwik-e-mart" song.

It was very strange growing up, because right when I started to develop real cognizance/strong memories around 10 years old, the Simpsons seemed like it was beginning to suck, and the animation was changing. I was just a kid though, and wasn't sure if The Simpson's were changing or if it was just me outgrowing cartoons. But with every subsequent season, it became clear that the show was no longer the one I was so fond of as a toddler.

The worst part was that with every passing year, the re-runs seemed to favor the newer seasons, and it became harder and harder to find good episodes in syndication. By the time I was 20, it would legitimately surprise me to happen upon anything from the golden era on tv.

I remember being 14 or 15 and discovering the jumptheshark website (this was around season 15-16), where people vote to define whether or not a show has jumped the shark, and if so, when. To my surprise, the Simpsons was overwhelmingly voted to have "never jumped the shark".
>>
File: fap hand.jpg (95 KB, 922x752) Image search: [Google]
fap hand.jpg
95 KB, 922x752
Never

I hate new episodes but I still watch them

I soothe the hate fire with classic episodes
>>
File: image.jpg (325 KB, 1468x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325 KB, 1468x1080
I stopped watching the Simpsons in 1998-1999.
>>
When my father moved out of the house. We always watched it together at night on Channel 10. I've not watched it since.
>>
when family guy started being better than the simpsons.

which is saying a lot
>>
Season 15/16. Whichever one had the 300th episode celebration episode thing. I just couldn't continue.
>>
File: sponge.png (441 KB, 530x394) Image search: [Google]
sponge.png
441 KB, 530x394
>>68639192
>marathonned all seasons up until december 2015
>mfw after season 10
>>
>>68643116
Its all garbage
>>
>>68643116

>not imsofuckedup.jpg

one job
>>
when I die
>>
>>68643116

>I hate new episodes but I still watch them

this

>tfw that one guy doesn't make weekly threads anymore
>>
>>68639192

it was already going downhill, but the movie is when I stopped watching
>>
>>68639192
after the movie came out
should have stopped there desu
>>
>>68642546
link?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.