[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion about this film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10
File: images.jpg (80 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
80 KB, 720x1080
What is your opinion about this film?
>>
>>68637669

It was shit.
>>
>>68637740
Why?
>>
File: 1446237730277.png (1 MB, 1061x1247) Image search: [Google]
1446237730277.png
1 MB, 1061x1247
>>68637669
pretty ebin
>>
i enjoyed it
>>
File: beast.jpg (42 KB, 477x359) Image search: [Google]
beast.jpg
42 KB, 477x359
Black Phillip, Black Phillip,
α crown grows out his head.

τo nanny queen is wed.

King of all.

King of sky and land.

King of sea and sand

We are ye servants,
we are ye men.

Black Phillip eats the lions
from the lions 'den.

Black Phillip is a merry merry king,
he rules the land with mirth.

Black Philip has a mighty mighty
sting, he’ll knock thee to the earth.

Sing bah bah King Phillip the
black sing bah bah bah bah bah."

Sing bah bah King Phillip the black
he’ll knock thee on thy back!
>>
>>68637740
Take that back.
>>
>>68637669

It was good.
>>
>>68637669
I liked it. Though I loved how the accents sounded, I couldn't understand at least 1/4 of the dialogue so some parts I have no idea what was going on. Going to rewatch with english subtitles when its actually released rather than some hdrip with moon rune subs.
>>
>>68637669
great.
god tier thomison ass
>>
File: kur5qo1_400.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
kur5qo1_400.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>tfw you'll never live deliciously

i bet in a couple of years it's going to be considered one of the most iconic representations of Satan in pop-culture
>>
>>68637669
Dunno man, i'm not gonna watch a cam rip
>>
AYO GURL U WANT SUM BUTTER
>>
>>68638383
Why was butter such a big selling point by the way? Can't you make it in home with a bucket and a stick? They had goats and shit
>>
>>68638435
You need a bucket and a stick
but also, most important
you need milk.

Where does the milk come from?
The goats.

Black Phillip is a goat. And he will not surrender his milk easily
>>
>>68638499
male goats produce milk? was she milking Black Phillip's single tit?
>>
>>68638435
>butter
Have you seen Last Tango in Paris?
>>
>>68637669

It's like the crucible where the children got everyone killed.

but in the end, the witches were actually real?

also, what the hell was BP's problem?
>>
i really really enjoyed the dialogue and vernacular in the movie. old timey talk was fun.
>>
>>68639137
>witches were actually real?
Yes
>what the hell was BP's problem?
he's the goddamn Devil and that's what he does
>>
If I ever have trouble sleeping I can just watch this shitty movie to put me out.
>>
File: 1457029371599.png (343 KB, 748x710) Image search: [Google]
1457029371599.png
343 KB, 748x710
>>68637669
I liked it
>tfw there was no literal witch
>the witch was Thomasin's other persona
>she suffers from multiple personality disorder in a time when men and woman feared everything, and the devil was literally around the corner
>the entire farm was riddled with ergot fungus, which causes hallucinations in people who eat it
>evidenced by the rotten corn, and bread they ate on the farm
>tfw the people only died after Thomasin's perceptions were removed, when her witch persona took over
>she killed the baby, left her brother to die, killed the twins, killed her father, and lashed out at her mother
>tfw she sodomized a goat
>tfw there was no witch's coven in the end, it was just her going out into the wilderness and having her insanity take over
>>
>>68639201
It definitely felt like they took a lot of it from old-timey witch panic stories, final "seduction" scene in particular, i feel like modern people wouldn't even think that butter and a pretty dress would be enough to convince someone
>>
>>68639291
Kill thyself my man!
>>
Loved it. Not scary at all, but still fantastic.
>>
Wanted it to be scarier, I'm a pussy who had to look away when watching the babadook, I was fine throughout this. There was an eerie atmosphere but nothing approaching the shining.
>>
What's a vvitch? Is it like a feminine hygiene problem or something?
>>
Thought it was great and special.
>>
File: 209391.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
209391.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>68637669

the movie was dark as shit--as in lighting and I couldn't see shit captain.

were there any scenes worth watching again?

There's mention of the twins seeing the witch in the stable but I must have blinked or something.

There's mention of a witch in the sky, but I must have missed that too.

I think I missed something when Caleb was chasing after the rabbit in the woods too.

screens/webm's please??
>>
Did the kid wanna fuck his sister?
>>
>>68639950

He just wanted to get his dick wet. Between the mom, older sis, and baby sis, that would have been the only choice.
>>
>>68639950
He's a pre-teen kid living in a forest in 16th century, he got curious and there was no one else around but his sister to look at.
>>
>>68638435
The family had goats to milk but goat butter wasn't commonly made in 17th century colonial America. Cow milk butter was, but you needed cow milk, and cows were still an expensive commodity at this point in time. They also didn't have a cow yet, though the father says he 'planned' to have one the next year--how I don't know since they had nothing worth anything left to sell or trade.

Also, even if you had a cow, butter was considered a luxury food and a farming family with a cow would have been much more likely to process the milk into cheese, because it kept longer and was denser to eat, whereas butter was hard to keep long and wasn't a dense food. If they did make butter, they were more likely to sell it, as butter was a luxury, rather than keep much for themselves.

So basically butter was only something that a family who was living comfortably could afford. The butter and pretty dresses would have been things Thomasin enjoyed back in England, along with their house with glass windows.
>>
It was one of the few times I went in wanting jump scare and didn't get it.
I didn't mind it, but it tries to be more art than horror. Still enjoyed it but I would watch it again or recommend it to friends.
>>
File: 9azblbX.jpg (16 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
9azblbX.jpg
16 KB, 360x240
>>68639291
>he posted it again
>>
>tfw no witch gf to use my blood and semen for rituals
;_;
>>
>>68639291
>This guy again
You're literally the dumbest person
>>
>>68639291

SPOILER TALK

Did we watch an entirely different movie? There was a literal witch at some points, pretty sure that wasn't Thomasin. I never thought for a second she was an actual witch. Did I completely miss that aspect of the film?
>>
>>68637669
Little slut gets what she deserves in the end.
>>
>>68640575
He's talking shit, right?
>>
>>68639448
+1
>>
>>68641075
A life of freedom and decadence and the ability to break the strict rules of 17th century Puritan America with wild abandon?
>>
>>68641009
No, it's just one retard spamming his "genius" theory in every thread, it's some "Homer is actually in a coma"-levels insight

>>68641075
A much better life? Okay. You can't deny that being a witch is 100 times better then whatever the fuck these people were doing in 16th century, she's probably immortal too
>>
>>68641383
>A much better life?
>believing the devil's lies
>>
>>68641301
Turning babies into skin moisturizer probably goes against our modern PC culture too.
>>
>>68641429
She can literally fly, it's already a gigantic improvement over grey forest for home and shitty corn for food
>>
>>68641526
I agree, it was the best of the few shitty options she had left.
>>
>>68641383
Pretty moronic. But seems to educated to be bait. Almost at the point of delusional.
>>
>>68637824
like he could actually give you a reason

its popular, so its shit.
>>
I have no idea where or how to obtain this movie. How the fuck are all you, little faggots getting hold of it?
>>
>>68641806
How's that moronic? Even ignoring the fact that Black Phillip did his thing and she had no other choice to begin with, BEST CASE SCENARIO for 16th century - she gets married of to a guy x3 her age, eats mush all her life, only loses half her kids as infants and then either dies at 30 at childbirth or 45 from cold.

Instead she gets to hang out with demons, eat actual food, fly, travel the world, probably never die and all that for a price of smashing some babies.
>>
>>68642104
Kickass torents >The Witch. It has Korean subs though, but decent quality. It's coming on Blu-Ray in less than 2 weeks though, so i'd rather just wait and watch in good quality with english subs because it's really hard to understand characters since they speak old English
>>
>>68642203
Mine had Chinese subs but not throughout all the dialog. In fact, the subs hardly appeared at all through the movie.
>>
>>68642115

17th century.
>>
>>68637669
>the /v/ vitch
>>
DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS DAT ASS
>>
>>68641429
>butter
>pretty dresses
>LITERALLY flying
>play on the Sabbath whenever you want

sounds good mate
>>
>>68642115
>BEST CASE SCENARIO for 16th century - she gets married of to a guy x3 her age, eats mush all her life, only loses half her kids as infants and then either dies at 30 at childbirth or 45 from cold.
What retarded movie did you get this idea of the 17th century from?
>>
I mentioned this in a thread last night...

The film was great. The pacing and atmosphere were phenomenal.

The only thing I thought was out of place was Thomasin and the rest of the witches floating into the air at the end. It just didn't fit in with the rest of the "supernatural" elements of the film. I think it would have been a lot more effective to just have her wander over to the fire and end there.

Anyone else agree?
>>
>>68643307
Why don't you think it fit the rest of the supernatural elements?
>>
>>68637669
It was a good movie.
Also, best ass I've ever seen in my entire life hands down.
>>
>>68643307
The ending actually worked in my opinion.
>>
>>68643174
Not him but the 1600's are the 17th century, just like it's the 2000's but we are in the 21st century
>>
It was a movie at best
>>
>>68643546
It just seemed out of place to me.

The rest of the stuff that happened all had a sense of realism to it. Regurgitating the apple, milking blood, etc. The "witches" were literally just old haggish women.

Then, at the end they fly off into the night sky. It was just...jarring in comparison to the rest. It didn't ruin the film or anything, but I thought that it was a dumb move on the writers/directors part.

>>68643659
To each his own.
>>
>>68643724
The film isn't trying to be an 'is it real or fake?' thriller. There are countless films of that stripe already in existence.

You see a witch fly in the first five minutes of the fucking movie.
>>
>>68643724
>Regurgitating the apple

What's realistic about coughing out a whole, rotting apple--when there aren't any apples or apple trees nearby?

Or more to the point, what's realistic about the witch you see flying within the first 10 minutes of the film?
>>
>>68643819
>>68643952

It just seemed cartoonish to me.

They way they all floated up at the same time.
It reminded me of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
>>
How old was Thomison supposed to be in the film? I heard a theory that the blood coming from the goat instead of milk symbolized her getting her period, thus being able to join the witches' coven
>>
>>68644111
Old enough that I fapped to her the night after I watched it.

Nice trips btw.
>>
File: 1441136073748.gif (3 MB, 320x230) Image search: [Google]
1441136073748.gif
3 MB, 320x230
>>68644160
Th-thanks.
>>
>>68637669
snorgasim
>>
>>68639291
>tfw someone has to make a "le scientific" interpretation
>>
i really enjoyed those big witch titties
>>
Just got done watching it again. Genius movie. Some parts creeped me the fuck out, much more than many other movies have in a while
>>
File: Brazil para negros.png (482 KB, 713x437) Image search: [Google]
Brazil para negros.png
482 KB, 713x437
>>68639291
>it was all in the main characters head
>tfw it's actually all in anons head because he's a fuckin' nut
>>
was it a body double or is her ass that fat?
>>
>>68644011
Well, it's stupid that you thought that.
>>
File: 1460830384582.gif (133 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
1460830384582.gif
133 KB, 497x501
>>68639291
retard "muh witch" fags BTFO
>>
>>68638331
HD rip out now, albeit with hardcoded Chinese subs.
>>
>>68639291
fucking top tier bait, makes me rage everytime is posted
>>
Was anyone else horny throughout the entire film?

It was strange, seeing as how the whole movie was based around sin.

I think that added to the creepiness.
>>
>>68645604
>Was anyone else horny throughout the entire film?
Pretty much me. I've watched it 3 times and it all ends with me blowing a load on one of the Thomasin scenes.
>>
>>68646258
Phew. Alright. Just checking to make sure I wasn't alone in this.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.