[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we are currently living during Richard Linklater's peak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: everybodysmall.jpg (581 KB, 800x1245) Image search: [Google]
everybodysmall.jpg
581 KB, 800x1245
we are currently living during Richard Linklater's peak period

what a time to be alive it is
>>
not sure if you're being a meme faggot or serous. please tell me so i don't sit through a pile of drivel tomorrow if it truly is a piece of shit.
>>
>>68636859

I'm being serious

do you like Dazed and Confused? do you like Linklater in general?
>>
>>68636769

this was so much damn fun
>>
is it actually good

trailers looked shit
>>
>>68637659
Trailers undersell it all to hell.

It's really good, characters are likable and interesting, and the meandering nature of the plot feels really nice and organic.

I'll need to see Dazed and Confused to give a better report on it though.
>>
>>68637769

shit man, you haven't seen Dazed and Confused? are you going to watch it tonight?
>>
>>68637093

yes, although he shits out a turd everyone in a while.
>>
>>68637995

examples? I think he's only made a couple of bad movies which is pretty amazing given that he's released quite a few.

anyway, if you liked Dazed you will almost definitely like Everybody Wants Some. It's amazing.
>>
>>68637838
I'm planning on it, but I'm editing my own short right now (editing is a fucking bitch by the way, all the footage is on a cloud based thing and I have to go through each individual clip because downloading all of them would take fucking years) and I don't know if I can get much done by the deadline.

I'll catch it soon, though.
>>
>>68638169

Fair enough. The only experiences I've had with editing gave me much, much more respect for editors and the post-production experience in general.

How the fuck does Malick actually manage to create great movies after editing out hours of footage? Days of Heaven actually had its narration added very late into the editing process and it wasn't initially planned to be in the movie yet it's impossible to imagine the movie without it. It just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, good luck.
>>
>>68638367
Editing really is where some of the best stuff happens, but fuck me it's difficult to just slog through all that fucking footage. Easier now since it's all digital, but still a pain in the ass.

I'll have to look at Days of Heaven too.
>>
>>68636769
Remember when he got sued by all his highschool classmates?

That was fun.
>>
>>68638593

what?

story please
>>
>>68638066

no need to list examples since you agree that he shits out turds every once in a while
>>
What gimmick does he use this time?
>>
>>68638637

well I was just curious about which movies of his you think are bad I guess.

I think the only ones I've seen that I don't like all that much are The Newton Boys and Bad News Bears
>>
>>68638632
Dazed and Confused is a semi-true story of the class of '77 Linklater graduated from. All those characters and likenesses, stories and spanking and shit...real. So after the success of Dazed a bunch of the actual people the story was based on sued him.
>>
>>68638785
Kek
>>
>>68638785

Those people sound like major douchebags.
>>
File: 24yrsenior.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
24yrsenior.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1038
>>68636769
I'm curious. Dazed and Confused is one of my favorite feel-good movies of all time.
>>
>>68638896
Indeed. I don't know if they got any money or settled out of court or whatever. But it happened.
>>
>>68638979

You should go as soon as you can. I feel the exact same way about Dazed and after 2 viewings of EWS I know it'll end up in the same category. Both times it has filled me with joy. It puts a smile on your face in the first scene that will not leave your face until well after the movie is over.
>>
>>68636769

I have seen it 3 times already
>>
>>68639863
I've seen it twice.
>>
>>68640350

will you go again?

on my 3rd view I brought a few cold tall cans into the theater, it was comfy af
>>
>>68640381
I might. Gonna have to bring friends though.
>inb4 you don't get to bring friends
>>
Saw this in the theaters today. Top tier college slice of life movie.
>>
>>68636769
Seriously a great movie. Favorite of the year so far. I'm worried no one is going to see the movie because of the sorry marketing though
>>
>>68643073
Yeah, the trailers really fucked this movie in the ass.

Anyway, I'm about to start a thread for Dazed and Confused.
>>
>>68636769
they just look like obnoxious douchebags. all the kids in dazed and confused were charming, except ben al-fleck and the few characters who were supposed to be outright douchebags. d&c remains his best and probably only good film.
>>
>>68644770
>d&c remains his best and probably only good film.

why are plebs like this allowed on this board?

>>68643073

same here. it's had a pretty limited release too. there were only two people in theater when I saw it.

it seems like it'd be a movie that appeals to a lot of people though.

I wish Linklater was a household name.
>>
>>68644918
Same here famalam

My brother and I used to fucking love School Of Rock when we were younger, before I paid any attention to who was the director.
>>
>>68636769
This movie is so tryhard.
>>
>>68639163
That sounds exactly like the line they used on the trailer dude.
>>
>>68645194
Aw seriously? I need to rewatch that. I've loved Dazed and Confused. Really love meandering movies like that. I was totally waiting for something major to go wrong, like the other shoe to drop. But it didn't. They just rode off. I've been totally psyched for EWS.
>>
File: slacker_ss.jpg (77 KB, 720x542) Image search: [Google]
slacker_ss.jpg
77 KB, 720x542
>mfw plebs denounce based Linklater
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.