[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he destroy all his suits at the end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
Why did he destroy all his suits at the end?
>>
Because IM3 was bad and hated us
>>
>>68634425
the same reason the terminator dropped himself in the molten lava
>>
Why doesn't he give Hawkeye and Widow ironsuits so they aren't so useless?
>>
Because he needed to be himself
>>
>>68634425
To show that Tony's moved on to another period in his life.

Of course immediately afterwards he went and did Age Of Ultron so basically this movie's like a non-canon story.
>>
>>68634529
And he also says at the very end "i am iron man".
>>
>>68634425
Because those suits were flimsily made during a stage of hightened paranoia.

In IM3 stark proves that he IS Iron Man. Every bit the hero with or without the suits.

Him destroying his shitty suits was a sign of him evolving beyond the need. He didn't need a specific suit for any random situation. He's tony stark. He'd handle it.

He accepts that he is more than just his armour - and after The Avengers, he felt that was all he had and it wasn't enough...

So no more 30 random suits built out of fear. From now on he'd do better - because he's Tony god damn stark!
>>
>>68634505
why doesnt banner make them all hulks?
why doesnt thor make them all gods?

because its a better story this way you tard
>>
>>68634425
Because he's Jesus

directed by zack snyder
>>
>>68634816
Those will be the plots of Hulked-Out Heroes and Fear Itself, should Marvel start scraping for stories
>>
>>68634529
This. Some people say that it's shit because it's basically undone at Age of Ultron, but that's AoU fault for ignoring the new status quo and making Tony an asshole again.
>>
>>68634816
>why doesnt banner make them all hulks?
That wouldn't be good and he doesn't even want to be Hulk

>why doesnt thor make them all gods?
He can't?

Not that I disagree with your point
>>
>>68634795
corect post
>>
>>68635066
>>68634529

maybe tony is fallible and doesnt have a perfect conscience
>>
>>68634795
>anon put more thought into this post than Shane black and RDJ did with the actual movie

BRAVO
>>
>>68635066
Generally speaking I don't acknowledge that Age Of Ultron or IM3 existed. They were just so damn bland that they fuck the canon something awful in order to reheat the leftovers of The Avengers and feed it to us again.
>>
was supposed to be the last movie before he signed his new contract

one of the hulk busters was holding the framing up at the end ... so that one probably didn't explode
>>
>>68635193
>shit-talking based Shane Black
I attribute it to him not having as much creative control as he should have. He got to have his Christmas-set Superhero movie, and Marvel did the rest.

I'm hoping it was just a minor hiccup and The Nice Guys proves he's a good director again.
>>
Doesn't he destroy the suits because he creates iron legion? He decides that he shouldn't be in the fight and that he should be ending the fight.

The suits are all made for him to use for every conceivable threat. At the end of IM3 he realizes that Jarvis controlling the suits is a better plan.
>>
>>68634816
You have a point but those examples are retarded
>>
>>68634816
Why no iron spider? It exists in the comics.
>>
>>68635317
Shane did not try at all with iron man 3. Nice guys looks great
And kiss kiss bang bang was great

I'm hoping he was just a victim of the marvel movie machine .
>>
>>68634795
Except AoU features the hulkbuster suit and the other one at the end
>>
>>68634425
It was symbolic. Literal symbolism.

Ever since he'd been nearly killed (and still carried a shrapnel of his own weaponry in his chest), he'd been using the suits and the arc reactor as mental crutches. He was a bigger man than his mortality. He believed he could outsmart any problem he could ever face, through applied technology. The metal in his chest was being kept away from his heart by a little electromagnet, a little magnet that was the product of a bigger man, in a cave. He only affected it by applying his own technology over it. He did everything to himself, in one or another, and even if he hadn't, his ego would not allow him to believe otherwise.

Through the course of the third movie, he learned that he had to rely on other people more. He though Pepper died, over something he'd done. Then, though the machinations of another AND THROUGH HER OWN ACTIONS, she saved his life.

He destroyed all his suits for the same reason he went to a doctor and got the metal (and the arc-reactor) taken out of his chest.

He had matured as a person.
>>
>>68634425
Because his obsession with building one armor after another was affecting his life.
>>
>>68635496
And the new ones from future films
>>
File: 1433717024909.jpg (471 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433717024909.jpg
471 KB, 1280x720
>>
Why don't all the avengers just make their own web shooters?
>>
>>68635454
The Iron Spider suit only adds 3 mechanical limbs? Wouldn't it make more sense to add 4 so Spider Man could have, y'know, 8 total limbs?
>>
>>68635640
>when you got to the cinema
Lucky for me, I went to the movies.
>>
Some of those suits could have still be useful.
>>
File: th.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
>>68635640

>going to see kids movies
>worse than fucking a child

ok fry hahah good spoof.
>>
>>68635711
It's too much for the human brain to process. 7 is the magic number.
>>
>>68635496
that's just a backup plan, not an alternative
>>
>>68635066
Tony always wanted to do it, but realized he needed an AI...so he started anew.

At least that's how I explain it to myself when I cry to sleep at night thinking about Age of Ultron and flying trucks.
>>
>>68635640
wow ur cool
>>
>>68636055
He's such a dirty cunt. How can he keep getting away with this!?
>>
>>68634425

Because his 4chan browsing made him a nihilist and an anti-materialist. He dun goofed.
>>
>>68636055
"Mom, Dad.. This is Stephen. My husband and your new son in law, say hello.
GOODEVEINGOODEVINGOODEVING
>>
>>68634425
because they're not allowed to give Tony a drinking problem to overcome or else they might upset the kiddies.
>>
>>68635640
he was in Bones
He has no right to say anything
>>
>>68635496
Banner helped design that one, plus it worked.

It wasn't some flimsy suit he made because he was afraid - this is a well made machine constructed with a friend and colleague to address a specific threat.
>>
>>68635496
The Hulkbuster is made to specifically counter the Hulk if he goes on a rampage.
The suits in Iron Man 3 were made for ANY random situation that might need a suit that popped into Tony's head, and he was literally working on his suits 24/7.
Tony was obsessed with making suits because he felt that Iron Man was the suit and that he was nothing if he didn't have a suit.
>>
>>68635711
>>68636094

guys you forgot to count the most important limb
>>
>>68638808

heheh his peanus weenus?
>>
>>68634795
This.

Iron Man 3 is the ultimate capekino.

Doesn't surprise me that /tv/ hated it.
>>
These suits were made for the tie in game.
>>
>>68634425
It was Christmas.
>>
>>68634795
>mfw the entire movie is about RDJ not wanting to be Iron Man for the rest of his life: obsessive fans with tattoos of his face, people constantly asking questions about Avengers, Tony making Iron Man after Iron Man after Iron Man after Iron Man being depicted as ruining his life.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.