[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: takbg.jpg (160 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
takbg.jpg
160 KB, 1024x576
>It’s more elegant than chess. It’s more enjoyable than Go.
>Tak is the best sort of game: simple in its rules, complex in its strategy.

What does /tg/ think of Tak? Could it possibly hold up to these claims?

>Play Tak
https://www.playtak.com/#
>Login as guest to connect to server
>Host a game and type takbot:play in chat for bot match

Tak is an abstract strategy game envisioned by Patrick Rothfuss and designed by James Ernest (of Cheapass Games). They're currently running a kickstarter for it that's well over its goal, and they're supposed to have a retail release in the fall, but you can make a set pretty easily.

It seems to have a surprising amount of depth. I made a set out of some old backgammon pieces and have had fun playing with whoever I can find. It's incredibly quick to teach for the depth it offers, like something like go, but the small amount of pieces required makes it way more portable and thus more practical than carrying around a go set so I can actually see myself playing it.
Anyway, give it a shot and let's talk about it. Is there room in the current board game market for an abstract strategy game? Will anyone care about this game when it comes out?

>Rules
http://cheapass.com/sites/default/files/TakBetaRules3-10-16.pdf

>Info
http://cheapass.com/games/tak
>>
File: 1444684900379.png (84 KB, 286x261) Image search: [Google]
1444684900379.png
84 KB, 286x261
>/tg/
>>
/tg/ crossposters get OFF my board NOW!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Whoops.
>>
the amount of thought and quality that went into the OP post makes me wish we were /tg/ instead though.
>>
>>68631888
JUST FINISH BOOK THREE ALREADY PAT HOLY FUCK.
>>
First one to Tak gets to stay on my aircraft!
>>
>>68632200
Every medium to fast board is shit. Get used to memes instead of quality.
>>
>>68632745
I got used to the majority of the human poopulation being mind-numbingly retarded a very long time ago. It saddens me that people don't seem to want to prove this wrong in any way. So sad.
>>
is there a video or something. This looks confusing as shit
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 472x461
>>68632200
here have some memes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.