[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why couldn't he lift Thor's hammer in AoU? Serously..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 4
File: images (9).jpg (9 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
9 KB, 193x261
Why couldn't he lift Thor's hammer in AoU?

Serously.. What does the hammer know that we don't know?
>>
>>68623369
the hammer got sick of being in capeshit
>>
>>68623369
He could've. He didn't want to upstage Thor. He's THAT nice
>>
>>68623369
He's gay.
>>
RIGHT?!
>>
>>68623369
The actual reason is that he's not over Peggy
>>
The worthiness required to lift the hammer isn't about purity or heroism, it's about conviction. Cap is heroic but he's too much of a thinker for his own good, deep in the back of his head he's always thinking "Is there a better way to handle this?" whereas Thor is just always I AM RIGHT STUPID MORTALS, GET SMASHED. Cap is still decent enough to pick it up sometimes, though. Just not all the time.

Now fuck off with this retarded ass capeshit and never come back you fucking comic book manchild.
>>
>>68623369
you dont lift the hammer, you pull the world down
>>
It's not enough being a "good guy", otherwise any retard could lift it. You have to be powerful as fuck too
>>
>>68623369
he is not worthy of being a "nordic god".
pretty straight forward
>>
>Captain America is a furry
>>
>>68623369
I don't even know how Thor lifts it, he constantly puts other peopel in danger, he's as thick as pig shit and let his mother die protecting his little pet mortal.

What a great hero Thor is.
>>
BECAUSE HE IS NOT WORTHY WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED

>>68623505
>You have to be powerful as fuck too
No you don't. If a baby is worthy, it could life Mjolnir.
>>
He's Anglo
>>
The hammer budged a little when steve tried it.

Wut?

That is like someone trying to pull Excalibur out of the stone and it moves 4mm up when they pull it.

YOU EITHER PICK IT UP OR IT DOESNT MOVE AT ALL, WHAT IS THIS SHIT
>>
>>68623612
This is why Thor got replaced by a strong womyn.
>>
Steve couldn't lift it because he was doing it just to sow he could lift it. He was trying to show off. If he needed it for something it'd pop right up.
>>
>>68623656
Excalibur and Mjolnir are entirely different

Mjolnir slightly budging for Steve suggests that he is currently not worthy but could be someday

for everyone else it's basically saying "fucking never"
>>
>>68623656
I guess it shows he has the potential to be worthy?

I don't know
>>
>>68623729
>Steve couldn't lift it because he was doing it just to sow he could lift it. He was trying to show off. If he needed it for something it'd pop right up.
This. It wiggled when he tried to lift it. If his needs had been more worthy, he'd be totally fine to lift it.
>>
>>68623483
Then why could Vision move it?

He's a computer, he's always thinking about everything all the time.
>>
>>68623822
Because Vision isn't a living being

like Cap and Tony were saying, you could put Mjolnir on an elevator and the elevator would lift it, but that doesn't mean the elevator is worthy

Vision is a robot. A humanoid robot with artificial intelligence that is self-aware, but a robot nonetheless
>>
>>68623369
All that red in his ledger
>>
>>68623886
Wow. This is the dumbest thing I've read all day. Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>68623886
Then why couldn't Tony or Rhodes lift it while using the gauntlets from their respective suits? They aren't lifting it, the gloves are.
>>
>>68623886
They actually just needed a quick, shitty plot point to show normies Vision was a good guy.
>>
Because Steve Rogers isn't worthy, he betrays his country and becomes the biggest fugitive in the world in Civil War.
>>
>>68623483
What are the hammer's specific requirements to judge someone as "worthy"?
>>
Did someone ever lift it other than Thor (or someone from Asgard) in the comics?
>>
>>68624340
Almost everybody. Comics are a shitfest.
>>
Could Zyzz lift it?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3iK_DYYS-oM
>>
>>68624534
>degenerate roiding shitskin who died in a sauna because he didn't do cardio
'no'
>>
>>68624629
>"sauna"
kek
>>
>>68624322
basically "would Odin think this guy is cool"
>>
>>68624340
Captain America
Hulk
Donkey Thor
Feminist Thor
Superman
Wonder Woman
>>
BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO LIFT IT FOR THE WRONG REASON!!

FOR A GAME!
>>
>>68623886
So Ultron can use it too?
Fuck off, stupid!
>>
>>68624534
>sandnigger
>worthy
kys
>>
Cap cant live life without fighting a war, just like Thor at the beginning of the first Thor flick.
That is the only flaw thats holding cap back though.
>>
>>68624801
ulton could lift it probably, but not use the magic of the hammer, so for him it would be a piece of metal without power.
>>
>>68623483
This is fucking retarded conjecture
>>
dumbass niggas

the hammer moved a little because Thor was fucking with tony. Capn didn't move it at all
You can see Thor laughing afterwards
>>
>>68624980
Sorry I mean captain america, not tony.
>>
>>68624980
>>68625021
How do you function with that weak of a brain?
>>
One of the requirements is to be able to kill.Steve Rogers is as heroic as you can get,but he will never kill if he really does not have to. While Thor will kill if it helps the masses.
>>
>>68624681
Odin would love captain america. Hes a patriotic soldier/warrior who fights with hinor to defend his home and believes in freedom and human rights.

Odin would love that shit.
>>
>>68623886
What makes him not living?
He is alive and pure.
It was more a nod to the fact that rogers has used it in comics before. That was my take away.. He was showing off but if he needed it it would pop right up.
>>68623737
>>68623736
Correct and see above
>>
>>68624801
>!
Fuck off Reddit.
>>
>>68624980
In case you aren't trolling and are that unobservant, Thor was genuinely surprised Cap managed to wiggle it and the laugh afterwords was a nervous one trying to downplay how close Rodgers came to showing him up.
>>
>>68624740
Storm did to for a bit
Side note they are stopping feminist thor because it's not selling.
>>
one version of the comic canon is that Odin himself is the one who decides who gets to lift it up

so in this case, Odin just wanted to remind Thor that he wasn't the best thing in the whole world, but without humiliating him completely
>>
>>68625353
Exclamations are Reddit, they are the same as using emoticons.
Now fuck off back there.
>>
>>68623729
This is LITERALLY the best explanation. His reason for lifting it at the time was dumb so it's like nah, but if say thor was knocked out with mew mew near by and cap actually needed to weild it, it would be lifted for him no problem.
>>
>>68624322
There are none. "Worthiness" is a plot device to make sure nobody but Thor can use the weapon unless the plot demands it.

>>68625224
This is inconsistent in the comics. Walt Simonson, who wrote Thor for years in the 80s, had Captain America not able to lift the hammer because he's an avatar of America. You can't serve two masters.
>>
>>68623369
probably because his mind is still filled with Peggy.

though there are claims that he knew he could, as seen in the movie he moves it, but lets it be and pretends he can't. I find this interesting
>>
>>68625436
Why would anyone interpret it this way?
The most obvious interpretation is that he wasn't quite good enough to lift it but was pretty close. He budged it.
>>
BUT WHY WAS PORTMANS COATHANGER WORTHY IN THOR 2!?
>>
>>68625436
I like to think that. That he actually could but decided not too. Making him that much worthier
>>
>>68623729
?
Thor lifts his hammer all the time for no reason and there's no issue. In fact, right after that, he lifted it to show that he could after everyone else had failed. How's that different from lifting it for the reason Captain America or any of the others did? I find this reason to be a bullshit reason.
The simplest explanation is that Cap was almost, but not quite, good enough. That's why he budget it but was unable to lift it.
>>
>>68625645
Because being half worthy is retarded. You either are worthy to move the hammer or your not. That's why some people interpret it that way.
>>
>>68625663
THIS

I mean Hulk couldn't fuck it lift it but the fucking coathanger?

this is the problem with Marvel.
>>
>>68623886
So why trucks/machines couldn't move it in the Thor movie?
>>
>>68623483
So, hypothetically, could Batman lift it?
He's got more conviction than most
>>
>>68625663
>>68625764
It wasn't worthy, it didn't lift it, it only held it up after Thor placed it there.

Like the table in Avengers 2 they were trying to pull it off of.

And the Hulk didn't try, only Banner did.
>>
>>68625884
Avengers 1, dude.
>>
>>68625418
>avatar of America
No he isnt. He went against his own government multiple times and dropped the shield because he was morally against what they were doing. At first he was vut he stopped that a few times. He really has no master besides his ideals.
>>
>>68625913
No, it was avengers 2, quip of nokinotron
>>
>>68625717
He wasn't half worthy and just because you think it's retarded doesn't mean it's not a thing.
There's a clear distinction between what you, a nobody, thinks about how the hammer should work and how the hammer actually works. Cap couldn't cut it but came way closer than the others. That's all the scene shows.
>>
Assuming Cap isn't faking his inability, whatever "worthiness" is is something that can apparently change moment to moment, otherwise there would be no "budge". For a moment, Cap was worthy, then he wasn't again. There's no way around this interpretation (again, unless Steve is trolling).
>>
>>68625922
So, america
Bitching about the government while lubing up his own asshole
>>
>>68625922
Are you dumb? Quote from Walt Simonson:

During a "Thor Spotlight" panel at the Baltimore Comic Con, August 28, 2010, Simonson further stated:

One of the cool things about Thor was the enchantment around Mjolnir and the original inscription on it. So I thought, well that means someone else can pick up this hammer and get this power, if they're worthy! So since then, some other big characters, people's favorites, have picked up the hammer, Captain America, Superman, whoever. But at this point, no one had ever picked up the hammer. I liked the idea of Cap walking to the bathroom and seeing it, and grabbing and just tugging, not being able to. So this had to be someone new. This is the most powerful weapon of the Norse gods. This hammer is a killing weapon. It's used to kill Frost Giants and others. So, Superman couldn't pick it up, cause he's never going to kill anyone, and the hammer knows that. Captain America, he's too patriotic. He's too much a symbol of America to be chosen by this Norse artifact. So he couldn't get it. So I created Bill because he's noble, and he's designed to kill. He's got a great purpose as a warrior, and also the noble ability. That makes him "worthy" whatever that may be.
>>
>>68625949
4/10, decent but still pretty transparent. Hulk tried mewmew in 1, Bruce tried in 2.
>>
>>68625418
I'm not talking about comic shit, just the movies famalam. This ain't co.
>>
>>68626051
Good for you.
>>
File: yo4wnv0ey5w0fkm3fsmb.jpg (543 KB, 720x535) Image search: [Google]
yo4wnv0ey5w0fkm3fsmb.jpg
543 KB, 720x535
The hammer is a bit of a slut desu.
>>
>>68625282
>exclamation marks means you're from reddit
what the hell?
>>
>>68626249
People who can use punctuation are usually not from here.
>>
>>68623483
wrong, completely wrong
>>
>>68625991
>all this punctuation

fucking redditor
>>
>>68625711
The Hammer was also made specifically for him.
>>
>>68625711
It's specifically Thors hammer you faggot. It even has his NAME engraved on it.
>>
>>68626249
We don't use exclamation marks here mate
>>
Peggy "-ing" Carter was dominating him. Hard.
The hammer can't accept that.
>>
>>68625211
Last week some faggot argued main reason was thior didnt kil, now you say this
>>
I have a better question. When Thor broke out of the capsule he was hurtling towards the ground in, in the first Avengers movie, and his hammer didn't work for a little while afterwards, why? Was it just temporarily 'out of charge' or was it that he didn't conduct himself well at all in the boat/airship and thus wasn't as 'worthy'?
>>
>>68623369
What if he tried picking the hammer with his shield
>>
Would having sex with a dickgirl make you completely unworthy?
>>
Why are they trying to fight evolution? AI is the next logical step in life.
>>
File: 1458705639330_0.jpg (401 KB, 1415x1910) Image search: [Google]
1458705639330_0.jpg
401 KB, 1415x1910
The real question is ...can he?
>>
>>68627622
Not yet....
>>
>>68625211
This man was a soldier, he killed many people on screen in TFA and Avengers
>>
>>68627966
Cap was in Star Wars?
>>
>>68628002
The First Avenger
>>
>>68628002
The Force Avenger
>>
>>68628042
Captain America: The Force Awakens

I'd watch the hell out of that crossover.
>>
>>68628058
The First Awakens
>>
>>68628042
The Star Destroyer Avenger? That was in Empire, 36 years ago. Are you sure Chris is old enough to have been there?
>>
>>68628002
>who do you think TR-8R was

he did have a shield...
>>
>>68627966
But it changed since he is Cap America. It is explained in one of the comics. Also,he does not think as a soldier. More as someone who wants to help everyone while still upholding the ideals he stand for.
>>
>>68628066
Red Skull returns and uses the Space and Time gems to send Captain America somewhere a long, long time ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

He ends up on Tatooine, his presence in the timeline causing Luke's death and leaving Steve to take his place, learn the way of the Jedi from Obi-Wan, bring balance to the Force and return to his timeline in the MCU.

Imagine the banter between Captain America and Han Solo or Steve standing up to Darth Vader...
>>
>>68627966
Also,why do you think Beta Bill Ray can use Mjolnir? He literally was made by his race to kill everything who stands in their way. Defend ect...
>>
>>68628294
Where in the films does he decide to stop killing? This is the MCU, comics don't count
>>
>>68623369
It's an Asgardian AI with an attitude problem.
>>
>>68623541
but they're not nordic gods, they're space aliens
>>
>>68628301
"Your powers are weak..."
"I can do this all day."
>>
>>68628358
If the comics does not count then you also should not be arguing about why he could not lift the hammer. Because it would always be,Because the writer wanted it like that.
>>
>>68628430
>Steve using the Force to asist his shieldsmanship, and call it forth at any moment
>Steve dual weilding a saber and his shield, battling Vader like a medieval knight
>>
File: CA+Shield+-+Rebel+Alliance+01.jpg (72 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
CA+Shield+-+Rebel+Alliance+01.jpg
72 KB, 400x400
>>68628538
>>68628430

"You don't know the power of the dark side..."

"I have my own dark side. Let's just say you haven't seen it yet."
>>
>>68625991

So there's no real reason behind it at all other than the writer didn't want him to. This is why comics are a fucking joke of a medium.
>>
>>68623483
Your just making this shit up arent you?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.