[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people have lower standards for action/adventure series with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 653x510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 653x510
Do people have lower standards for action/adventure series with female leads?

If either of these characters were male but were the stars of stories of the same quality would either one recieve even half the praise.
>>
>>68618303
>Do people have lower standards for action/adventure series with female leads?
Yes, because criticizing them makes you a sexist shitlord
>>
>>68618303

It may surprise you, but there are women who criticise them for being Mary Sues, flawless etc.
>>
I do, because I'm not gay.
>>
i don't think i have anything in common with 99% of the users on this site

>lower standards?

try being more nebulous. how many female-led shows exist again? how many male-led shows?
>>
>>68618383
No it doesn't, all my female friends vehemently hate Supergirl.
>>
What really baffles me is how those superhero shows are so sucessfull, all of them are absolut fuckin horseshit and yet they get rave reviews. i just dont get it
>>
>>68618612
>all my female friends
>sample of none
>>
I was just thinking how much Deadpool would never have worked if the genders were reversed.

Also at the end the man never would have stuck with the scarred woman.
>>
Is this bait?
The girl who can punch a hole through a planet vs a girl who can barely fight off a couple goons?
>>
>>68618642
I think it's because they don't have many reviews since very few critics watch them
>>
>>68618303
People have pretty low standards, period.
>>
>>68618303
And more importantly, why do female leads always crave the BBC?
>>
>>68618303
Star Wars:
You couple put a steaming pile of shit as the lead and it'd sell. Episodes 1-3 and the other related shit proved this.

Supergirl:
Comic fans are desperate. Shows like green arrow and the flash are near the same levels of shit as well.

By your logic Voyager and Terminator 3 should have been the most loved parts of their franchise.
>>
>>68618303
Their ratings would be approximately the same if the lead was male. Action movies with male leads like Dredd are praised if they're good. Whatever baggage you have around women isn't representative of reality.

I really have no idea why we disdain fedoras for their moronic approach to atheism, while acting the fedoras to gender dynamics.
>>
>>68618675
no one likes supergirl, and the only ones who watch it are fat neckbeards who like to play with themselves during.
>>
>>68618706
the man would have been /a/ weeb with a fetish for burn scars
>>
File: 2.jpg (53 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53 KB, 500x465
>>68618303
First of all, Supergirl sucks. Like it's a flat-out shitty show and the actress is bad.

Secondly, Rey is a poorly written character but competently acted by Daisy Ridley.

In the end neither are great, but Rey is less bad by default.
>>
>>68623539
But Ridley is a crap actress.
>>
Rey is an objectively good character, Kara is an objectively shit character
>>
>>68618303
Pic related applies to movies as well. People pretend to like the women in these roles. Especially other women. Because they think they have to like it's the right thing to do socially.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.