[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rick and Morty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: Rick&Morty.jpg (44 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Rick&Morty.jpg
44 KB, 400x300
Just marathoned the first episode of this, what the literal fuck is this steaming pile of shit? It's not the least bit funny, the characters are all shit at best and annoying at worst, and the try edginess just makes me want to cringe? Just what is it that people see in this show?
>>
File: george zimmerman.jpg (184 KB, 1417x1053) Image search: [Google]
george zimmerman.jpg
184 KB, 1417x1053
I don't like it on the fact that it's reddit.
>>
>>68613493
>Just marathoned the first episode of this

you have to go back
>>
dude cliffhanger ending lmao
>>
>>68613493

>Just what is it that people see in this show?

We're not joyless faggots like you? Fuck off, retard.
>>
pilot's shit rest of series good,
how is it edgy?
>>
>>68613522
I admire his perseverance. I can barely marathon the opening credits before needing a break
>>
>>68613631

You can fuck off as well
>>
The philosophy too advanced for you?
>>
>>68613493

It's Back to the Future if Back to the Future was cool.
>>
Tell us, what animated show DO you like that's so fucking amazing and funny and with great characters?

yeah, that's right you fucking faggot.
>>
>Just what is it that people see in this show?
Those other people probably don't have ADHD and wouldn't call sitting down for barely 20 minutes "marathoning". The shows wasn't made for retards, sorry.
>>
>>68613705
what fucking philosophy? i have only watched like 5 episodes of season 1 and i saw nothing but garbage
>>
>its a /tv/ takes OP's bait episode

/tv/'s writers really need to stop rehashing old episodes.
>>
its not really edgy, its just cynical about a lot of things.

Some episodes do have a lot of heart though and Jerry&Beths relationship is always good for some warm feelings.

its like cynicism+hope that not everything is lost.
>>
>>68613668
NO U
>>
>>68613915
https://youtu.be/hWFDHynfl1E
>>
>>68613875
How do people keep falling for this?
>>
>>68614041
TRYING SO FUCKING HARD. REACHING SO FUCKING MUCH

this video is a troll rite
>>
>>68614096
lol Who's the one trying hard? The guy who just posted a link to try answering a question or the getting so worked up he had to write in all caps with swear words? It's probably you anon.
>>
>>68614198
but seriously now. what philosophy do they use? i could make a 30 min video talking about the "philosophy" about futurama even if it isnt at all important to it

rick and morty is poorly drawn, dreadfully voice acted garbage. face it
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>68613705
>>
First few episodes are shit, but it gets pretty good

Meseeks and Destroy is literally my favourite episode
>>
>He fell for watching Reddit and Memerty
>>
>>68614041
>17:38
"no"
>>
>>68614402
Honestly most Redditors stopped watching after the Meseeks episode, and since 86% of this site also browses Reddit, we stopped watching it as well
>>
I thought it was going to be shit, but after the pilot it was actually really funny. Original humor without going full edge swearing tits and violence like most 'adult' animated show with its own style.

Fuck everyone calling it reddit or memery if you like it you like it.
>>
if you abstract the balls jokes and similar the show gets really good.
>>
Why do you make this exact thread so much? Fuck off
>>
File: opinions.gif (901 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
opinions.gif
901 KB, 500x281
>>
>>68613493
First episode is shit, but watch the second before you decide to quit it because the rest of the episodes are good
>>
>>68613521
>the only show on television made by an actual 4chan user
>reddit
>>
Rick and Morty has a great concept and character dynamics, really making you feel like the characters are part of an actual family with real problems and for this alone makes it better than most of the other cartoons out there (Family Guy and Bojack Horseman for example).

The comedy is a bit flaky and I would blame it on their ideology that "anything goes", which is also inserted as one of the cartoons main themes, and for that reason the writer's laziness could partly be excused, however, when they get it right it's unlike anything seen by today's audience, and just gives me a fresh feel of something new, actually hitting right on the money some deep emotional topics during a few episodes.

Overall it's a really impressive cartoon, but now it just feels like they're trying to prove to the viewers how great they are. I'm expecting to have some good laughs in the next season, but as for now the last season lacked a bit of self awareness.

>tfw you will never have a job that consists of just writing edgy jokes and absurd concepts that are still valid because they're the cartoon's main theme
is this justin falseflagging?
pls give me a job justin
>>
>>68613593
why do they do this? the pilot is supposed to get people into it, not force them to watch the whole thing.

i saw the pilot for Xavier: renegade angel on a promo disc that came with the dvd of Metalocalypse season 2, and i thought Xavier was shit. the humor wasn't funny, the characters were repellent and the animation looked like rhino demos from 1992.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OfJk0Zh-IA

seriously THIS is how Avatar should have went.
>>
File: morty.jpg (95 KB, 790x299) Image search: [Google]
morty.jpg
95 KB, 790x299
>>
>>68613493
It's the best comedy we've seen in the 2010s and best western cartoon of the same era

Go back to anime you little cunt, Rick and Morty is goat
>>
>>68616706
>not liking Xavier

Confirmed diaper wearing manchild.
Your tastes are plebian
>>
>>68613493

Well then what do you consider to be better OP?

Well?
>>
>first episode
>Summer: "Oh my God!"
>Rick: "Mm, there is no God, Summer. You got to rip that band-aid off now. You'll thank me later."

Fucking really? First fucking episode and he shoves fedora shit in my face? Litá Žerally Reddit: the show. Fuck Reddit and Memey.
>>
>>68618144
>being surprised that scientist doesn't believe in god

You shills keep posting that argument, but forget the episode where rick prays to God because he thinks he might die

children, I swear
>>
File: baaaaiy.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
baaaaiy.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
>>68613493
>pic related
>>68616781
What a load of crap...
>>
File: rick.jpg (639 KB, 513x375) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
639 KB, 513x375
>>
>old guy never stops burping

D R O P P E D
>>
>>68618220
Nobel prize winners etc
>>
The kind of people who like this show are the same ones who think it is morally and legally justifiable to rape your pets.
>>
>>68613493
this level of memeing just isnt worth it
i know is not as influential as the faggots on this board would like to believe but still, come on
if all you want is big bang theory, a dozen family rip offs and something else just as shitty keep memeing old memes like the cuck bois you are
but if you want interesting new content then you gotta stop bitching like fags when someone tries
they may not get it right
the style, humour, writing may not be for you or you may not """""""get"""""""" it but if you support movies and shows that at least attempt to be different or try something new then that support may encourage others to make something that you might find you actually like
R&M isnt perfect but its better than anything else and try hard contrarian faggots like you op are laughably pathetic and obviously memeing or you are simply pleb as fuck

p.s dont bother responding and embarrassing yourself, this is a perfect post
>>
DUDE DIMENSIONS
>>
>>68621442
i mean its not like they arent your property, if i shoot at my old pickup in the backyard its not anyone elses problem either
>>
>>68621754
Sick bait. I love the false equivalency meme.
>>
>>68621827
the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>68621864
>raping my dog isn't any worse than shooting my truck because they are both my property

t. edgy 13 year old
>>
>>68621946
who said anything about rape, faggot?
>thinks people who enjoy a certain show also enjoy raping dogs
>calls me edgy

hahah oh wow.
>>
>>68613733
Dude you're a horse cock sucking faggot. Fuck off to tumblr, cuck
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
3/10 for making me reply.
>>
>>68613493

the pilot is alright the second episode is really good though, I'd continue.

also you can't marathon just one episode thats not how a marathon works
>>
I dropped the show 15 minutes into the pilot.
>>
>>68613493
If you have to ask.........
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.