[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he ruin everything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: George_Lucas_cropped_2009.jpg (143 KB, 604x797) Image search: [Google]
George_Lucas_cropped_2009.jpg
143 KB, 604x797
Why did he ruin everything?
>>
>>67728277
>implying he ruined anything

its kino pleb
>>
File: gone too far.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gone too far.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>67728277
>Make THX 1138, a movie you were passionate about and was convinced was genius
>mean old movie executive forces you to cut the movie a way you don't want
>Movie gets middling critical reception and tanks financially
>Forever have a burning hatred of film executives because of this
>Finally start working on that little space movie you'd been thinking about for the past decade
>No one wants it, Alan Ladd Jr. at FOX takes a chance on you and funds it
>other FOX executives fight him at every step of the way and try to pull the plug on your project
>Francis Ford Coppola, Alan Dean Foster, and Brian de Palma take your initial script and trim the fat turning it into something palatable, your wife gives you a lot of creative ideas to give heart to the movie
>great special effects artists and editors (including your own wife) make the movie great
>Movie comes out, it's the biggest thing EVER, total control of merchandising rights allows you to self-finance the rest of the movie ostensibly giving you sole creative control
>Wife divorces you because your seed is weak and she wants children, causing you to look back at that period of your life with bitter resentment
>Even though the original trilogy was a collaborative effort, convince yourself you're the end-all-be-all creative talent behind star wars
>by the time the prequel trilogy comes out, you are one of the richest men in hollywood and sole owner of star wars so no one can question you
>Make shitty movies
>Get so butthurt that people liked the old movies, the ones that you've associated with challenging of your creative control and getting cucked by your wife, you decide to ruin those too with references to the movies that are 100% you

That's basically the story of George Lucas. He hated the movie producer so much and was convinced HE was the true creative talent, he himself turned into the evil corporate suit. He's just like Darth Vader desu but he never had his redemption.
>>
>>67728277
He didn't his vision for Star Wars was always hokey and campy and dumb. Have you read those early script drafts? Luke Starkiller? Are you kidding?

Star Wars (1977) was great because it was doubted. It was over budget. Over schedule. Pressured from all sides. No one believed in it. "Coming soon to a late night cable call-in show near you" the crew joked. Studio threatening. That's what made it great. That and Williams score and the LSO performances.

When it was revealed that it was always hokey and dumb is when he got money and power and unquestioned editorial power. He started shitting up the originals to make them look like he wanted them. Believe his own words "I am sorry that you fell in love with a half-done film."

He actually, sincerely thinks he made them better. He actually thinks the prequels represent his vision for the story. That's the proof he was an accidental idiot genius all along.

You know who else this applies to? The Wachowskis.
>>
>Star Wars (1977)
>The Phantom Menace (1999)
>>
>>67728896
Your name is the Navy officer who authorizes the torpedo plane to drop the weapon on the Red October during the finale sequence. You are the one to whom James Earl Jones says, "You heard it hit the hull. And I was never here."
>>
>>67728896
Was he luckier than Ringo Starr?
>>
>>67728277
He felt like destroying something beuatiful
>>
>>67729118
It wasn't solely luck, George Lucas is a genuinely amazing businessman who built the strongest brand in the world from scratch. He's just a better producer and businessman than he is a filmmaker, but his denial and crazed possession over Star Wars made him run it into the ground.

He's STILL fucking bitter that people loved TFA and not the prequels because the "white slavers" made it.
>>
>>67729377
You wot?
1-3 were legit shit on their own merit.
Oh wait, /tv/ contrarianism...
EP7 was shiet cause fat SJW nigger sues, based Anakin Thrillogy was Starkino, get back to plebbit.
>>
>>67729567
Can you read? I was saying that the prequels sucked, George is a hack filmmaker and TFA was good
>>
>>67729627
White slavers? fffs
>>
>>67728277

Because he's the hero Star Wars deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A fucking hack.
>>
He did nothing wrong. You should be blaming Disney instead.
>>
He didn't.
>>
>>67729679
Those were George's words. He's convinced Star Wars was stolen from him even though he willingly signed it over to Disney for $2 billion in cash and $2.5 billion in stock.

He thinks the mean old fans made him sell it as he was burned out from the mean criticism of the prequels and people being mad he butchered the OT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hQVlRgFlU
>>
>>67728277
George Lucas get
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q
Reminder that this is the last thing George Lucas made before selling SW to Disney

Try defending him now
>>
>>67731000
Jesus
>>
>>67731000
No, the last thing he did was TCW
>>
>>67731000
This looks like some shitty version of Robot Chicken
>>
>>67731439
it pretty much WAS robot chicken, it had a bunch of the same creative staff

if it was a robot chicken spinoff solely dedicated to star wars, action figures and all, I would've watched it
>>
>>67728277
the manlet method
>>
>>67729150
I sure hope you're pretty because irl I'd beat the shit out of you for being 14.
>>
File: Pepsi-Star-Wars-2005-Talladega.jpg (431 KB, 922x520) Image search: [Google]
Pepsi-Star-Wars-2005-Talladega.jpg
431 KB, 922x520
>>67729033
I'm a big fan Jeff
>>
>>139442614
Tell him how you feel
>>
>>67728277
everyone i know says the Force Awakens is awesome.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.