[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is Azor ahai ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6
File: azor5-44-85.jpg (64 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
azor5-44-85.jpg
64 KB, 850x400
Who is Azor ahai ?
>>
>>68275196

Dany, she's the final villain, I hope that's the direction George takes her story with her becoming more and more insane and ruthless, since she's done fuck all and her arc has been stagnant since ASOS.
>>
>>68275248
azor ahai is a vilain ?
>>
>>68275248
this , im hoping fot this
>>
Victarion
>>
>>68275283
There are 2 sides, it's a Song of Ice and Fire. Are you sure that Fire are the 'good guys' ?
>>
>>68275196
Ramsay Bolton
>>
Probably wanna be Aragorn aka Jon Snow
>>
>>68275425
the Song of Ice and Fire refers solely to Jon
>>
You are, OP. Azor Ahai was within you all along.
>>
Rather than Jon and Dany getting married, they will go to war against each other. Dany will try to invade Westeros and Jon will defend it.
>>
>>68275447
What do you mean? I've never hear that
>>
He is intentionally writing Jon and Dany to fit all the main prophecies, and many other characters fit the prophecies too. He's doing it to throw you off and make it hard to guess, but also because he's trying to show that prophecies are bullshit.

No prophecies will come to pass in GoT unless they are self-fulfilling
>>
>>68275196
Oh they're getting there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjzC2DRgEo4
>>
>>68275361

Her story seems to be about not repeating the same mistakes as her ancestors but because she's a Targ it's inevitable she'll go mad very quickly and lose all sanity.
>>
>>68275196
/r9k/: the author
>>
>>68275543
She already seems half batshit 2bh
>>
>>68275493
Mother: Stark (Ice)
Father: Targaryen (Fire)
>>
>>68275616

Wrong way around famalam
>>
>>68275493
he means because jon is the son of fire and ice (targaryens and starks) since he's rhaegar and lyanna's son.

"Song of Ice and Fire" has multiple meanings though
>>
>>68275425
He's waited far too long to suggest that though. We know absolutely nothing of the Others and the series apparently only has a couple more books to go

The Others are definitely an evil force, with the humans (and humanoids) being varied in terms of being cruel and murderous or righteous and respectful of life
>>
>>68275643
Rhaegar + Lyanna, what's wrong ?
>>
>>68275609

I wonder if Targ females take longer to go insane than Targ males? Viserys was already a loose canon, Aegon seems fine at the moment but if that's any indication that he's real then his sanity levels will prove it.
>>
>>68275196
Davos
>>
>>68275694
He's gonna die before he finnish the books.
Just look at his fucking face, does he look like an healthy elderly to you ?
>>
>>68275753
I think he's already made plans to hand the series over to a ghost writer

It's like why bother finishing the series when he has fuckloads of money and limited time. He needs only to note down as many details as possible and pass them on to a writer who can emulate his style well, just like Robert Jordan did (although he was poor, but just the relation to the death handover)
>>
>>68275594
But /r9k/ is a bunch of people who should be calling suicide hotlines. GRRM has too much money now
>>
>>68275807
if this fathippie fucker dont finish the books i will shit on his coffin at his funeral
>>
>>68275196
Dany, because Azor Ahai is actually just as evil as the Others.

GRRM is a bit of an edgelord, so both "Ice" and "Fire" will be villainous, in a reversal of traditional expectations of good vs. evil. Westeros will be threatened by total annihilation from both the army of the dead led by the Night's King, and total annihilation by Dany's uncontrolled dragons and new massive Dothraki army and greyscale epidemic she'll inadvertently cause.
>>
>>68275753
I used to hate the "he's so fat and old, he's never finish, lol" jokes. Then several years passed, and I realized they weren't jokes.
>>
>>68275714
Probably believes in some meme theory like N + A = J
>>
>>68275616
That's a bullshit interpretation.

Martin wrote this massive world with hundreds of characters and names the entire series off of one character? Suck my dick.

A Song of Ice and Fire is about the Others (ICE) and Dragons (FIRE). The two mythical elements of the universe he made. Dragons are renown in the south and "WINTER" is known in the north.
>>
>>68276012
i dont think it will be simple like others vs dragons
>>
>>68276012
Jon is the main character. He is the most important to the story. Every thing in in the books stems from Rhaegar falling in love with Lyanna.

>A Song of Ice and Fire is about the Others (ICE) and Dragons (FIRE). The two mythical elements of the universe he made. Dragons are renown in the south and "WINTER" is known in the north.

Both which have to do with Jon.

>The Pact of Ice and Fire was an alliance between Houses Stark and Targaryen arranged during the Dance of the Dragons.

The Song of Ice and Fire is Rhaegar and Lyanna's love = Jon, who will save the realm of Men
>>
>>68275938

Daenerys is basically the fire equivalent of the Night's King, she'll probably learn to use the greyscale epidemic to her advantage and have armies full of them.
>>
>>68276147
>Jon is the main character.

Bro, Sansa beats Jon in terms of plot importance.
>>
Books? Jamie
Show? Jon
>>
>>68275196
Nobody has really answered OP's question though. I see this name thrown around a lot, most often in connection to Jon Snow, saying that he or someone else will "become" this person. How does a person "become" another person? That's like saying Jaime Lannister will "become" Brad Pitt. What does azor ahai refer to?
>>
File: Untitled.png (271 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
271 KB, 640x496
>>68276437
>>68276147

Forgot the image.
>>
Davos
>>
>>68275735
>>68276689
This, the rest of y'all are dumb.
>>
>>68276443
What's the reasoning for Jamie?
Just curious
>>
>>68276478
>What does azor ahai refer to?
azor ahai is basically the neo of the ASOIAF. He's the one that will save everybody and fix everything.
>>
>>68277479
Thank you, that totally answers my question.
>>
>>68278255
yeah means, we'll get two movies which don't explain anything..
>>
>>68277295
BUNCH of stuff
killing the king
anything for love
no hand
>>
>>68275694
The Others only want to restore balance to the way things were before the Long Night and the Wall is standing in their way.

Gurm is a hippie. The whole saga is a metaphor for Global Warming.
>>
>>68277479
>>68278255
That's what the prophecy says anyway, but we have no reason to believe the prophecy will happen as certain characters believe it will. Azor Ahai may not exist, or may be a villain.
>>
>>68276147
Jon is one of the five main characters.
>>
>>68277295
Bran sees him as a man made of Light in the same dream in which he sees the Great Other for the first time.
>>
Rickon, out of left field.
>>
>>68275196
Who fucking cares?

The books will never be finished, and the show has completely abandoned the book storyline.
>>
>>68279156
D&D and GRRM have said that the show will conclude the story in the same broad strokes as the book series will.
>>
D&D are making Cersei fuck Tommen. I'm never watching this bullshit show again.
>>
>>68279240
D&D and GRRM are also liars. The show will conclude the same way it has been written for the last 5 years: to maximize HBO profits.
>>
>>68279240
D&D said that until 2013. In 2014 they said that it is going to have a similar end game, but get there through a different route. A few months ago they said that it is going to "keep the spirit" of the books,
>>
>>68279027
> He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armoured like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armour made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

No.
>>
>>68279289
Source?
>>
>>68279457
Latest trailer.
>>
>>68279435
A face swam up at him out of the grey mist, shining with light, golden. “The things I do for love,” it said.
>>
>>68279435
Who's the giant made of stone with nothing inside but darkness? Shadow of ash is the hound, armored like the sun is The Mountain, but stone? Connington?
>>
>>68275733
It's just a flip of a coin. I doubt there's any difference in insanity levels.

Maybe the men are more prone to it, because they're more often meant for the throne, so 1) they're corrupted by power, and 2) their insanity is noticed more often, because they're in the spotlight. Fewer notice if a 4th daughter of a 2nd daughter loses her mind and is shipped off to be a sister of the faith than if the crown prince goes batshit and starts burning the smallfolk for fun.
>>
>>68279568
Shadow is just generic evil imagery, Stone Giant is the Mountain.

Don't kid yourself. Jon Connington was invented at least five years later when Gurm was writing aSoS and realized he couldn't have the Mummer's Dragon as his own POV The earliest mentions of the Exiled Hand of the King with the Dancing Griffith banner implied that he was nothing special.
>>
>>68279568
Giant of stone is thought to be the mountain. Big pile of stone = a mountain. Thick black blood has to due with the poison from his duel with Oberyn. As for the nothing inside but darkness, Ser Robert Strong, the zombified Mountain reanimated by Qyburn, is thought to be headless.
>>
>>68276479
>Sansa interacts with more characters, therefore she's more important
no john u r the demons

Jon is the main character, he's just tucked away at the wall.
>>
>>68279766
>is thought to be headless.
By idiots who missed Qyburn taking the Hydrocephalic Dwarf's head with him.
>>
>>68279766
That may be, but why would the shadow loom over Robert Strong (armored like the sun) AND the hound? Or is it referring to Ned, Sansa, Arya, and the shadows?
>>
>>68275976
Same. After Rickman and Bowie dying I realized GRRM really might not have it in him. He just needs to make it six more years but who knows.
>>
>>68279815
It is Jaime/Lancel, the Hound and Robert Strong.
>>
>>68275515
fuck this south park episode. you see one weiner in the show - theon. thats it
>>
>>68279740
>>68279766
>>68279568
Armoured in sun would be Oberyn, since house Martell's banner is a sun with some shit.
>>
>>68279803
Yeah, I doubt he's headless. The emptiness likely just represents the fact he has no will/soul and is controlled by something else. I think people assume he's headless because they interpret the dream and apply it in some strange recursive way.
>>
People really don't think it's Jon Snow?
>>
>>68279868
>>68279868
Or Oberyn
>>
>>68280011
He wore copper armour too
>>
>>68279771
>>68276479
>>68276147
The main characters are Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Bran, Arya, and Sansa, though you could argue just the first three. Jon's not more important than Dany or Tyrion, his story beats have just had more in common with a standard hero's journey.

BUT the title of the series is in part a reference to him - "his is the song of ice fire," but mostly just a name that fits well for a story about dragons and ice monsters.
>>
>>68275196
Jon Targaryean.
>>
File: stannistanding.jpg (2 MB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
stannistanding.jpg
2 MB, 4256x2832
>>68275196
the answer couldn't be more obvious
>>
File: goldenwojack2.png (138 KB, 626x780) Image search: [Google]
goldenwojack2.png
138 KB, 626x780
>>68275196
Aegon VI Targaryen
>>
>>68280204
>implying grrm won't shit all over that trope
>>
>>68280250
Why oh fucking why didn't they just show Stannis' severed head so we could be rid of you insufferable Stannisfags.
>>
>>68280272
>Implying D & D won't finish the story first and that fat fuck will just have to accept it

Mad that he wasted all this time desu
>>
>>68280393
Chances are he'll place the 7th and last book waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay on the backburner, so far back that he'll die before it's half-finished. I don't doubt we'll get the 6th, but the 7th? Too much to ask, especially with that fat tub of lard.
>>
File: alwaysbrushyourteeth.jpg (39 KB, 731x393) Image search: [Google]
alwaysbrushyourteeth.jpg
39 KB, 731x393
>>68280298
It'd be gratuitous anon.
>>
File: tears.jpg (45 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
45 KB, 500x361
>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.
>>
>>68280601
This is not an objectively bad line. I've not once heard a logical explanation. It's always "it just is!" followed by accusations of low social status since I can't see that, clearly, the emperor is totally wearing clothes.

It's maybe a little coarsely worded, but so fucking what. She had diarrhea. That involves sitting and shitting and dehydration. I really don't see the problem here.
>>
>>68280748
Agreed. I think that's one of the best chapters in the series, and the descriptions of her shitting and vomiting are important to giving it this kind of burnt out feverish and desperate feel.

Actually bad lines are things like "the site of their arousal was arousing" or "he was as hard as the rocks around them."
>>
>>68280904
No doubt there are bad passages, but the world building as well as other character moments are really quite good. Stannis and Renly's parley in the Storm Lands is an excellent read.
>>
>>68280959
In general I find it a frustrating read when it comes to prose, because there are big stretches where it's purely functional and nondescript, but then all of a sudden it will really come alive or remind you how good he is at getting into the heads of his characters.

On the level of story and character - not caring at all about prose - I have almost no qualms.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.