[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1525x1885) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1525x1885
I don't get it.
>>
Don't worry. Neither did Fellini
>>
>>68273424
The film literally explains everything to you, from its symbols to its ending.
How dumb are you?
>>
This is a highly recommended film by The Vatican. If you dislike it, you are literally a fedora
>>
Best allegory for a nervous breakdown? I still hated it even though I love Fellini
>>
>>68273424
He's butthurt that he makes shit flicks. So he made a movie about how he's butthurt that he makes shit flicks.
>>
>>68273723
How can you love Fellini and hate 8 1/2?
>>
File: pope on lsd.gif (680 KB, 490x553) Image search: [Google]
pope on lsd.gif
680 KB, 490x553
>>68273653
>>
>>68273854
it's not representative of his filmography and isn't anywhere near his best work, despite what Criterion or whoever will say. La Strada, Juliet of the Spirits, La Dolce Vita, even Amarcord are all miles ahead and have more of his distinctive style ingrained into them
>>
>>68274020
Giulietta is poors man 8 1/2 and a mediocre movie.
La Strada has still little of what would then become his style.
La Dolce Vita and Amarcord are masterpieces but aren't any more Fellinian than 8 1/2.
>>
>>68274020
I agree. 8 1/2 is the first I saw of Fellini and it really put me off. La Strada, La Dolce Vita and especially Nights of Cabiria are much better.
>>
>>68273424
not surprised OP is a pleb
>>
>>68274428
>has still little of what would then become his style
there's enough there. the despair, the mood, the meandering and directionlessness all became staples of his work. rewatch Satyricon and you'll notice a lot of similarities between that and La Strada. and if anything I would say La Strada is his most personal work
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.