[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a Coen Brothers film, i had high expectations for it, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: HailCaesar470.jpg (39 KB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
HailCaesar470.jpg
39 KB, 470x264
Being a Coen Brothers film, i had high expectations for it, but it was a bit of a letdown.

It shouldn't have been a bad film: it had the always pleasant 1950s setting, actors i like, an interesting premise, but it just wasn't very good. There really wasn't a plot. It was like a series of vignettes or short stories with no central conflict. They should have just picked one plotline and developed it the whole way.

Did anyone else see this?
>>
The the episodic/atypical plot is nothing new to the Coens, but this one lacked whatever spark made those previous films work as well as the humor. It's simply not very funny, that's the biggest problem as well as the lack of compelling plot and characters
>>
>>68273382
I liked it. it had rewatchability, esp for based Alden
>>
ROMANS BEFORE SLAVES
ROMANS BEFORE SLAVES
>>
I don't get people calling this the worst film ever. I can definitely understand someone not liking it but the directing was top notch that I was still pretty entertain even with really no conflict
>>
Would that it were so simple
>>
>>68273382
Nah, it was great. Definitely comfy. It's as good as underrated The Ladykillers.
>>
The quality in the filmmaking is too good for the material. It's like the script was top of "Maybe we might actually do it" list and then it got made
>>
File: 1439066259153.png (354 KB, 626x683) Image search: [Google]
1439066259153.png
354 KB, 626x683
>>68273382
>There really wasn't a plot. It was like a series of vignettes or short stories with no central conflict

Yeah it's just like life man
>>
>>68273382
It was alright, I'd give it a 7
It did feel like a step down from Inside Llewyn Davis though
>>
>unrelated series of good things
>then the movie sort of just ends
>>
>>68273382
I really liked it, your enjoyment of it probably goes up the more you know about some of the old-hollywood jokes the coens throw in.

Might rewatch it with my dad if it ever comes out on dvd, he watches a lot of 40-50's era hollywood films and would really appreciate this
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.