[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things you haven't watched but everyone keeps telling you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: the-wire-1.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the-wire-1.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
I've never seen a single episode of The Wire, The Sopranos or Firefly.
>>
Man of Steel
>>
>>68270048
Watched 4 episodes of Wire. I couldnt get into.
>>
>>68270048
>The Wire
Haram
>The Sopranos
Haram
>Firefly
Firefly is shit
>>
>>68270048
>The Wire, The Sopranos
u shud
>>
>>68270225
>>68270198

Is The Sopranos that good?

>>68270193
I've been told it's brilliant.
>>
>>68270325
It may be good show but i personality cant get into it.
>>
>>68270048

All three of those are good, and you even posted them in order of quality. Wire > Sopranos > Firefly
>>
>>68270402
The Wire is not better than The Sopranos. I love both, but The Sopranos is better in almost every way.
>>
File: you.jpg (63 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
63 KB, 680x583
>>68270198
>firefly is shit
You almost had me there, anon!
>>
>>68270048
Mad men and House of Cards. I gave House of Cards a few episodes but it just felt SO uninteresting.
>>
>>68270437

I would say they're close, but I still liked the Wire more. Sopranos had likeable unlikeable characters, the Wire did as well but also had some characters you genuinely wanted to root for. Could just be a difference in tastes.
>>
>>68270437
>>68270610
They're very different. Sopranos is better in fleshing out characters and giving psychological commentary. Wire is goat at plot development and story coherence.
>>
>>68270610
The Wire was more of a realistic portrayal of reality than The Sopranos, but The Sopranos had more thematic depth.
>>
>>68270193
The wire for me has alwasy been a bitch to get into. I was raving at the end of each season and bored to shit at the first few episodes of the next ones. You just have to get into it.
>>
File: Activate.jpg (7 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
Activate.jpg
7 KB, 400x224
>>68270048

>hear about The Wire
>ghetto nigger lesbian appears in the first episode

Dropped.
>>
>>68270806

It's cool anon, it's from 2002. She's not going to pin you down and shove her feminine penis in to you like in 2016, she's just a character.
>>
>>68270662
This I can agree with. At least for the first 3-4 seasons.
>>
>>68270193
The entire first season was a slog for me but I started loving it for some reason in the 2nd season , and since then it became one of my favorites.
>>
>>68270048
I've never watched
>The Wire
>Sopranos
>any LOTR
>any Star Wars
There's probably more but I can't think of atm
>>
Any Star Wars movie.
>>
>>68270325
It's the best ever, with The Wire being my second favorite.

Sopranos leans more heavily on the personal aspect of things, its characters are incredibly detailed (in fact I've never seen any other show or movie with better characters), while Wire focuses more on the story and politics, with emphasis on the shady connections and agreements between unlikely people.
>>
>>68271002
Forgot to add that almost all main characters of Wire's are one-dimensional and linear. The only exceptions that come to my mind are Frank Sobotka, Bubbles and the black kid from season 3.
>>
>>68270048
I tried but Aidan Gillen fucked it for me. He's such a terrible actor.
>>
I need to finish Six Feet Under (through three seasons)
I need to start firefly/serenity
I need to rewatch Generation Kill (I was way too young to understand it when I first watched it when it came out)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.