[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did they make it /tv/? Where are they now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: EscapeFromAlcatraz_quad_UK-1.jpg (197 KB, 900x685) Image search: [Google]
EscapeFromAlcatraz_quad_UK-1.jpg
197 KB, 900x685
So did they make it /tv/? Where are they now?
>>
>>67522061
They drowned.
>>
Looks like such a dad film. It's impossible to just engage with a film like this, there's always that degree of seperation where I spend the entire thing imagining somebody's dad enjoying it, which is very offputting. You can hear the imaginary dad laughing at the "funny" parts, picture him getting excited by the "thrilling" parts. I can't do it.

It's not even an age of release thing. Master and Commander and Gladiator give off the same Dadflick tone while I can watch older films like Stroszek and Don't Look Now and not feel the dad on my shoulder the entire time. The Revenant had that dadflick vibe too, to name a very recent example.
>>
>>67522264
It's a /tv/ kinda film though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1w29SpEVTY
>>
>>67522061

They post on Reddit
>>
>>67522061
he looks like charlie sheen in that pic
>>
>>67523646
don't insult the man.
>>
>>67522332
>not posting the scene where based clint forces a little girl to kiss him
>>
>>67522264
I take it you don't like The Great Escape? Or The Sting?
>>
>>67522264
Missing out on essential dadcore films. You never shared a beer with your father watching a film with Steve McQueen, or John Wayne, or Clint Eastwood, or Roy Scheider, apparently. Missing out.
>>
>>67524315
I can't imagine ever watching them. I don't see much value in going through the motions for 3 hours waiting for him to do his motorcycle jump.
>>
>>67524487
There's way more to that movie than Steve McQueen chasing himself on a motorcycle and doing his own stunts.

Practically the entire cast is amazing.
>>
>>67522061
John Walsh is still looking for these men with your help.
>>
>>67522264
holy shit you are such a tryhard faggot
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.