[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Arrested Development Season 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Season_3_square.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Season_3_square.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
What does /tv/ think of Arrested Development Season 4?
>>
The show should have been left alone. Same with trailer park boys
>>
It was good but didn't have that same charm
>>
Only GOB, Tobias, and George Michael had genuinely funny episodes. Lucille, buster and maybe had some funny parts while the rest of the cast had pretty poor episodes.

Still waiting on that s4 edit that was talked about a few years ago
>>
>>68266053
I actually thought it was excellent. Even episode 1 has good scenes such as Michael explaining he was mistakenly voted out of a four-person housing situation at the airport.
>>
Too much Tobias. Got better near the end once every character was introduced agaib.
>>
>>68266225
What edit?
>>
>>68266157
this
>>
>>68266053
Season 4 was a solid 7.5 while the rest was a perfect 10/10 for me, haven't laughed so much at a show after rewatching it for the 4th time.
>>
>>68266053
better than season 3
>>
GOB was probably the only really good one. THe others were just OK. Most of George MIchael was pretty dull
>>
>>68267865
>George Micheal finally punching his asshole dad after all those years
Been waiting on that for a long time t.b.h, Micheal treated his son terrible but then tries to make up for it all the time, so he isn't THAT much of an asshole.
>>
>>68266053
I understand that they were separated because of scheduling issues and what not, but the show is way better when the characters are together, so it wasn't as good.
I was kinda bored throughout and even though it kinda came together in the end when you saw the overlapping plot lines connect, it wasn't the same as before.

Tony Wonder was really funny though.
>>
>>68267630
IIRC they were planning on cutting the season into chronological order to contrast the out of order character based episode format
>>
Watching it right now. I re-watched the series before, and was surprised out how I didn't appreciate seasons 2-3 as much as before. Season 4's not as funny, but it impresses be how meticulously planned it is.
>>
original seasons are great.

new season is shite.
>>
I liked it, season 4 I think was great for rewatches because of the seasonal continuity was in all the little background details which was fun to pick up on as a viewer. I also liked some of the running gags like the shitty watermark on the old season flashback clips.

I did somewhat like the different format of having each episode be more focused on a single character; sure it wasn't everyones cup of tea and did somewhat limit the group banter the earlier seasons had, but I thought it was well done, and I think good for developing the characters and what they have been doing since the first run of the show ended. Good as an epilogue type of format, plus as I said earlier, it had good seasonal continuity which made for fun rewatchability.
>>
Focusing on one character per episode while having all the separate stories happening at the same time was a horrible idea. Nothing happens in the whole season and it is a boring pile of shit.
>>
The first 4 episodes suck but it's pretty damn good after that. GOB's episodes are GOAT.
>>
I don't like how unlikeable Michael is in it. He was one of the few characters left worth liking.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.