[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching season 4. Does this season get better. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: xfiles.png (895 KB, 1100x732) Image search: [Google]
xfiles.png
895 KB, 1100x732
I'm watching season 4. Does this season get better. I'm tired of the mosnter of the week episodes.

Just watched the episode where Molder finds out he was a Jewish woman in his past life or something. It was so crappy now that I wanna know if there are good things in the future episodes worth keep watching for.
>>
File: 1430106581475.jpg (1 MB, 1980x5874) Image search: [Google]
1430106581475.jpg
1 MB, 1980x5874
>>68265908
>>
>>68265908
season 4 is one of the worst seasons, up there with season 8 and 9. season 5 and season 6 have some great episode though
>>
>>68267928
You're my hero. Thanks.

>>68267930
I see. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: How AIDS was created by the Jew.png (248 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
How AIDS was created by the Jew.png
248 KB, 600x413
What did they mean by this?
>>
File: ja.jpg (258 KB, 823x1600) Image search: [Google]
ja.jpg
258 KB, 823x1600
>>68265908
X-files was always shit and Gillian Anderson is its only redeeming quality
>>
Season 4 is where the Myth Arc essentially ends and caves in on itself, and then sort of resets.

Season 5 still has some good MOTW episodes, but in 6 it bcomes a straight up Vince Gilligan meme comedy show, so just give up now.
>>
>>68270206
True. I only watch it for cute Scully moments.
>>
>>68265908
Keep watching, soon as the series hit's it's peak popularity and starts taking itself seriously, they start doing overarching conspiracy plots.Poorly. Then, you'll wish you had your monster du jour back.
>>
File: pepe scully.png (200 KB, 286x309) Image search: [Google]
pepe scully.png
200 KB, 286x309
>>68270206
>>68270336
nice meme
>>
>>68267928
Wait, why it ends after season 6?
>>
i re watched all 10 seasons(couldnt watch 8 &9).
I was a fan back in ˇ90(not diehard, but I loved the show, it had much more sense back then, check couple of episodes of South Park from 90 just to get the knack of what was considered waaay edgy back then).

Best part of xfiles is motw, all that alien crap was always boring.

If you are new fan , find somewhere on the net list of episodes,
separate legacy and motw.

Check couple of sites where they give advice and just delete those episodes.
But have in mind that some of the worst episodes are actually the best episodes made.
>>
>>68270713

>all that alien crap was always boring.

It was bretty good up until Season 4 where they just wrote themselves into a corner and had to basically retcon their own story inside the show.
>>
>>68270773
i agree, but , new fans dont get that back then seasons had up to 25-30 episodes, sometimes even more, now "good" shows (IDK if I would compare(not by quality but by amount of popularity, it was kinda cult level even if totally commercial and for wide audience)x-files to TWD&GoT or Leftovers & Fargo ) have up to 10, maybe 12 episodes per season, writers know in advance that they wont go more than 5 to 6 seasons, back then they would air show until they run it to the ground(they would air 100 seasons if views are up to their expectations, they didn't care for later "afterlife" of the show )

also show should have only 7 seasons,then it would be cult classic for all times,
but it was different times(read:people didnt buy DVD-Box sets, VHS ruled the world ) and it had more of a filler-

Also Fox shoveled contract to Duchovny(i think he would have to pay 47 mill $ to buy himself out) and season 8&9 were made literally by force and it shows.
>>
>>68271628
How's the 10th season? Is there gonna be a season 11? Can you give a spoiler-free answer?
>>
>>68271834
i dont know, i personaly would like s11, but s10 is nothing to write home about, yet again, chemistry is there, all they need to do is shoot main writer in the head and get someone competent.

It's like everyone in show has overgrow x files and they use half the time to apologize to even be in the show. But at the end they let hot air out and show did start to get its old carisma and chem back, but im afraid that it is too late.
None the same, watch s10 if you watched old ones
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.