[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alien vs Predator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: alien vs predator.jpg (13 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
alien vs predator.jpg
13 KB, 299x168
Why does everyone always think that avp 1 sucked? I mean in comparison to Alien 3 & 4, it rocked. Naturally the human teaming up with the Predator kinda sucked ass. But still the movie had plenty of action. What are your thoughts about it /tv/?
>>
>>68265776
>it rocked

How fucking old are you?
>>
>>68265776
>Moses' DVD player
>>
>>68265919

Well I love watching old movies. Call me an oldfag, but still.
>>
File: ayyylium.png (53 KB, 395x377) Image search: [Google]
ayyylium.png
53 KB, 395x377
>>68265776
It's a culmination of bad ideas. I can literally think of a better premise than underground arctic temple set in modern day in five seconds.

>Military installation and/or space station
>Get a hold of Alien eggs or some shit
>Start studying them, experimenting, etc
>Predators show up and kill some spess marines
>Aliens get loose as a result
>60 minutes of fights with Aliens/Predators/spess marines trying to get the fuck out of there
>end it with a space marines/scientist girl or some shit escaping on a ship or something
>space station crashes into planet or blows up or something
>>
>>68265776
AVP R was better than AVP 1. It had the horror aspect the first one was missing. The first one was trying too hard to be like Aliens IMO.
>>
>>68266096

Isn't that basically the plot of resurrection?
>>
>>68266208

AVP R was so fucking dark, literally.
>>
>>68265776
Alien 3 was better than all AvP's and anything that literally came after including Prometheus
>>
>>68265776
It's kinó of the highest calibre.
>>
>>68266208
AVP R was fucking garbage, the blood and horror wasn't even close to saving the movie
>>
>>68268544
This. The first half was a straight to video slasher flick
>>
>PG-13
>OG Bishop is there in 2004, even though he also shows up in 2179
>Lame, cheap camera tricks for "action"
>Predator making protag honorary Predator
>"pred-alien"

Fuuuuuuuck this movie.
>>
>>68269108
>2179

The bishop in alien 3 is also an android bro.
>>
>>68269180
No, he's not. He created that model. Read up.
>>
>>68269207
So the real bishop created an android of himself that looked older than he would have been at the time?
>>
File: I_am_not_a_droid.jpg (40 KB, 483x291) Image search: [Google]
I_am_not_a_droid.jpg
40 KB, 483x291
>>68269207
>In the light of the Paul Anderson movie, Lance Henriksen stated: “They were leaving [Bishop II’s identity] open because they weren’t sure what they were going to do with me. But what I saw was that it was a more advanced model certainly. Again, I love the idea of the advanced models.” This retcons his earlier statements on the Alien 3 commentary, where he states that Bishop II made the Bishop androids in his image, in a paean to God’s work in Genesis.
>>
>>68265776
The only reason this movies exists is because the set designer for Preadtor 2 decided to include an Alien skull on the ship's trophy wall
>>
>>68265776
True, it rocked.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.