[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The "villain" of Civil War is the same as Lex Luthor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: rjjryrjyk-000223129.jpg (167 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
rjjryrjyk-000223129.jpg
167 KB, 612x380
The "villain" of Civil War is the same as Lex Luthor in BvS.

Skinny white nerd who manipulates heroes over collateral damage

And movies were scheduled for same day release.

How does something like this happen?
>>
>>68265745
>That is Zemo

Dropped. I'm fucking done. No more of this bullshit. Do the fucking outfit and character or don't call it goddamn Zemo. Fuck.

MCU is so focused on fucking memes and heroes fighting eachother that they fuck over great villains.
>>
>>68265819
28%
>>
>>68265906
>Thinking I actually watched BVS

Didn't watch that shit either. I refuse to watch something I've been waiting for since I was a kid unless it's given to someone competent.

I'm not a Marvel or DC guy. I'm a comic fan, and I'm tired of these movies fucking it all up.
>>
>>68265906
>giving a shit about a site where shills take a break from shit posting to spam reviews on multiple accounts
>>
fuck yeah, Daniel Bruel (idk) is the villain.
>>
>>68265745
>not Baron
>no sock mask
how the fuck dies Marvel keep getting away shitting on their villains?
>>
>>68265819

First of all, the guy playing Zemo is actually a good actor with range. Second of all, that's a picture we are seeing of him without his costume. Who is to say he won't have his costume later on?, Crossbones is pretty faithful to the comics, why would they just forget about Baron Zemo?

Just calm down, and think. The only villains they've fucked over are Mandarin, Whiplash and honestly I think that's it.
>>
>>68265745
Civil War/BvS
>Same villain/plot
>Same structural issues
>Both too long
>Both "dark"

BUT…
>BvS thematically more interesting and subversive
>BvS visually more stunning

Civil War
>100% RT
BvS
>28% RT

Say it with me: CONSPIRACY
>>
how much do we bet that they give him an awful german accent, even if his english is perfect
>>
>>68265745
Civil War is like a bargain store version of BvS.

-Character dies except you don't care about him/her
-Same Lex Luthor villain but worse performance/actor
-Same bait thing where they crash into each other 7 minutes but the actual villain is yet to come but disappoints however Doomsday is probably a better villain somehow
-Movie has an hour of a Tony Stark investigation like Bruce Wayne except a bit better banter admittedly but this feels the same

Basically this movie will make 2 billion based on a happier color palette and quips. Its the exact same movie but with blue and red and quips.
>>
>>68266130
>This level of damage control

No. Don't name him Zemo if he isn't Zemo. That is a load of bs. And anyone who says "he'll get the costume later" needs a brick to the face.

Zemo is proud. Zemo is flamboyant. Zemo manipulates, yes, but he does it with nothing short of grandeur and theatrics. This is not Zemo, so don't name him that.

Also, Crossbones wasn't faithful, but I let it slide because he wasn't a major focus. Now it's getting stupid.
>>
>>68265745
Let's hope he doesn't die and shows up in future movies assembling the Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts
>>
>>68265745
What's Zemo's master plan, auditing Cap's tax returns?
>>
>>68266334
he wants power over Wakanda

Cap & Bucky are in Wakanda at the end, Black Panther forgives Bucky, Zemo is on the run, so i guess all of them will appear in the Black Panther movie
>>
>>68266105
I had a crush on him all throughout inglorious bastards and I'm not even gay
>>
>>68266128
Their villains kinda suck to begin with.

Other than Loki, who they've done to death, the only kind of interesting one was Zola after he was converted into software, and they didn't even do anything with him.
>>
>>68265745
??
>>
>>68266462

>inglorious bastards
>Not in Rush

You fuckin faggot
>>
File: image.png (461 KB, 1229x483) Image search: [Google]
image.png
461 KB, 1229x483
>>68266047
>>
>>68265745
Ok, if he isnt' going to wear a costume or at least a mask I'm going to be kinda mad.
>>
>>68266695
Zola was extremely well done in the context of the Winter Soldier. It both adapts him well and gave thim thematic purpose. If he gave himself a robot suit and was just a boss battle that wouldn't have been as meaningful to the story.
>>
>>68266130
>The actor is good

Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rourke, Christopher Eccleston, Guy Pierce, Ben Kingsley
>>
>>68265745
Wait Civil War has the cool nazi from Inglorious Bastards, maybe I will watch in in the theater.
>>
Well in the film he's tracking down hydra agents and files, and he's not exactly the 'the bad guy'. Like yeah he's behind the sokovia accord and he sends crossbones to fuck up the infectious diseases lab at the start but the whole film is about team cap and team Tony and zemo is just there to push the plot along.
>>
>>68266002
> I refuse to watch something I've been waiting for since I was a kid
way to be a sheep and refuse to watch something because some autists on RT gave it a low score
fag
>>
File: dkeks.jpg (83 KB, 700x414) Image search: [Google]
dkeks.jpg
83 KB, 700x414
>>68266242
>>68266174
>>68265819
>>
Why bad guys tend to be the weak part of marvel movies? loki is the only memorable one and mainly because he's charismatic and because he appears in 3 movies so far.
>>
File: 4578.gif (719 KB, 658x394) Image search: [Google]
4578.gif
719 KB, 658x394
>>68266130
>Second of all, that's a picture we are seeing of him without his costume. Who is to say he won't have his costume later on?, Crossbones is pretty faithful to the comics, why would they just forget about Baron Zemo?

Because this

>While promoting his next movie, "Burnt," starring opposite Bradley Cooper (in theaters October 30), Brühl told Business Insider that Zemo will be without one of his trademark looks.

>"He does not wear the mask," he said, referring to the purple cloak the character is famous for wearing after a vat of powerful adhesive, known as Adhesive X, spilled all over him during a fight with Captain America, preventing Zemo from ever removing it.

>"You would be surprised, it's different than what you'd think," said Brühl, talking about the Zemo character we see in "Civil War." "It's loosely connected to this character. But that's what I like about the Marvel guys, some of the characters and things they're dealing with always reference to current events so my character is from a different area than you would think."

>So don't expect Zemo to be a carbon-copy of what's in the comics.
>>
File: 134534632476.png (373 KB, 512x587) Image search: [Google]
134534632476.png
373 KB, 512x587
>>68266998
>I'm just going to spam RT over and over and over again, that'll shut them up
>I wont refute anything they say, I'll just post this RT picture
>>
>he will never go on to form The Thunderbolts

Just die in my sleep already.
>>
File: DC BTFO.jpg (104 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
DC BTFO.jpg
104 KB, 620x670
>>68267108
>>
File: 1460463983726.jpg (127 KB, 724x960) Image search: [Google]
1460463983726.jpg
127 KB, 724x960
>>68267172
>Marvel won

Excuse me? I didn't quite catch that Marvelfriend.It sounds to me like you're trying to say that marvel has won something. Let's see what they won, shall we?

>DC has the best capeshit movie of all time
>DC has the best animated movies/shows/cartoons
>DC has the best video games
>DC has the most memorable comics
>DC even has the best memes of all time

Let me tell you what Marvel has. BOX OFFICE. That's right, box office money. Marvel's legacy will be the box office money they've made from their cinematic universe. Marvel knows their audiance (mostly teenagers,young adults,soccer moms) and know how to sell their movies(just add some half-assed CGI and handfull of quips). Marvel knows they have you in their pockets and when they give the order, you sit down like the good dog you are, and wait for your next treat(Civil War,Doctor Strange). Remeber Age of Ultron? (I don't blame if you don't), everyone already forgot the movie exists, and this movie was supposed to be the climax of 4 MCU movies. They have yet to make ONE memorable movie. The Winter Soldier is a good action flick but nothing groundbreaking(70's espionage movie my ass). No one is going to remeber all the current and future mediocre flicks that Marvel shit's out twice a year(Civil War won't be any different). In 20 years, when people will look back on capeshit, they will remeber how amazing and groundbreaking The Dark Knight was, and when they will think of Marvel, they'll be like "I liked that one movie with the Man of Iron". Now i know it's hard pill to swallow and you will probably call me a DCÛCK shill, and then proceed to post your favorite Chris Evans reaction picture you have(which is a hilarious comeback XD). But deep down, you know im right. So you go right ahead and enjoy this thing you so call "Victory".
>>
>>68267172
>>
>>68266883
But they could have at least not killed him off. True, I don't think a robot suit would be very compelling, but imagine the kind of presence he could have had in this movie.
>>
>>68267318
>BvS has performed better than a bunch of non-MCU movies unadjusted for inflation
>BvS, starring Batman and Superman, has managed to outgross some C-list Marvel characters like Iron Man 1 + 2
What an accomplishment, DCuck
>>
>>68267151
Dunno man. The comics and cartoons are pushing The Thunderbolts hard.
>>
File: image.gif (967 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
967 KB, 245x180
>>68267108
>Buttmad DCfriend
>>
>>68267421
>that marvel damage control
T-THE OTHER MARVEL MOVIES D-DON'T COUNT!
>>
>>68266780
Fuk u man I liked him in both movies but he was adorable in IB

>300 confirmed kills
>spends his time trying to woo a girl throughout the whole movie
>>
>>68266316
Woah woah! Imagine THIS!!

What if.. Woaah.. WHAT IF.. What if this is Zemo before his face is all fucked up?! WOAH MIND BLOWN! WOAH! Like an origin story?! WOAH
>>
>>68267318
>including all those shit movies just to fill space

Granted that they're all shit but you're stretching it lmao
>>
>>68267515
>300 confirmed kills
>Die by a woman

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>68267478
But...they don't. Why would they? They weren't made by Marvel. Should we talk about Batman & Robin or something?
>>
File: wut.jpg (12 KB, 236x301) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
12 KB, 236x301
>>68267629

Hhahahahahahaha, my dropped sides.
>>
>>68265745
>The "villain" of Civil War is the same as Lex Luthor in BvS.
>Skinny white nerd who manipulates heroes over collateral damage
>And movies were scheduled for same day release.
>How does something like this happen?

i wonder if they're trying to tell us something.......

what year is it again?
what's going on in the us and abroad right now?
>>
>they seriously did another Mandarin in name only

MARVEL LOVES THE SOURCE MATERIAL SO MUCH

WOW
>>
>>68267478
They dont?

Marvel Studios isnt Sony, Fox, or Universal you idiot.
>>
BvS
>play up philosophical intellectual battle with hidden enemy behind the scenes
>turns out they just got tricked into fighting each other
>hidden villain throws big monster man at heroes

Civil War
>play up philosophical intellectual battle with hidden enemy behind the scenes
>they are actually fighting each other full on
>hidden villain makes himself the monster man to throw at heroes,pretty much for the sole purpose of setting up Zemo to lead Thunderbolts spinoff

One of these is clearly worse
>>
Can't wait for that rt score
>>
Like dude, what if we took a proud intellectual comic book villain and made him a total effay nerd!

t. Genius Screenwriter
IMDb credits: Fant4stic, Iron Man 3, Batman v Superman,
>>
>>68267318
In my head, the people behind this kind of comments are just pretending to be autistic i mean c'mon hahaha no one cantake this seriously this movies
>>
Enjoying both DC and Marvel on this board is the funniest shit ever.
>>
>>68269093
>Civil War
>they are actually fighting each other full on

Slut Whore: "We're still friends right?"
Purple Arrow: "Depends on how hard you hit me."
>>
>>68267629
>Tries to be witty
>So retarded that he suggests that the writers are so lazy that they just do Crossbones again, which was literally last movie

Boy, you sure showed me, anon.

>>68266988
>Implying I wasn't planning on watching it before the reviews

The trailers were bad, the promotions were bad, Doomsdy looked bad, Lex Luthor looked bad, MOS was bad. It looked bad.
>>
>>68270405

>MOS was bad.

You just proved you've shitty taste.
>>
>>68265819
>>68265745
He doesn't die. Russos and Feige have gone on record as saying they have big plans for Zemo in the future, but will build to it slowly.

Masters of Evil or thunderbolts possibly in the future.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.