[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad Max 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 21
Now I understand.
I finished this just minutes ago,it was the worst thing ive seen in months.A lot of money spend on expensive explosions and cars,cheap and bad CGI,absolutely no character development leading to not being able to connect with any of the characters and out of place music.
All the threads joking about Junkie XL,Hans Zimmer music is true.
Orchestral music while bad ass car riding and gasoline,random shots of heavy metal guy just standing there,used him two times five seconds each.
When Rosie Huntington was killed I was cheering,holy fuck she was holding whole movie back. SHE CANT ACT TO SAVE HER SKIN.

Ive never ever thought bad about any director this may be the first time I will avoid movies from someone.
>>
Wow you really articulated your point well. Great thread.
>>
>>68265011
Okay.
>>
>>68265103
Are you telling me you liked it?
Please tell me what did you find good about it because I am lost here.
>>
>>68265011
That's fine, the movie wasn't for you. It was the over the top epic that Mad Max fans have wanted for a very long time, and as someone who has loved the series for a long time, I was enthralled by it.
>>
>>68265216
she's perfect, she can do literally nothing wrong
>>
>>68265266
Like hell it was. I consider the third one, even with the second half with the kids better than this piece of shit.

It has three positive things:
>PTSD mental Max done right by Hardy
>Immortan Joe
>The CONCEPT of the War Boys

Other than that it's utter dogshit, a chick flick packed with pointless visual action and absolutely ruined with a preachy and cancerous political message.
>>
>>68265422
>sex slavery is bad
>preachy political message
You'd have to either be a feminist SJW retard or a redpill SJW retard to think that such a universal concept among civilized people is a fucking political message.
>>
>>68265266
As a fan can you clear up were did you find the connection with the movie?
Not trying to troll or anything Im asking serious question.

Its first time for me not being able to connect on any level with the movie which confuses me to the point of questioning myself if it was to deep for me and the fucking point flew over my head or I should reevaluate viewings of the world.
>>
>>68265476
>sex slavery
He offered them the best conditions available to humanity at the time, water, food, comfortable beds, ease. That's not sex slavery, it's a fucking privilege.

You're fucking retarded if you actually think that Joe's in the wrong here and that Furiosa is right or that the brides have ANY right to complain about ANYTHING when there are people outside eating fucking lizards to survive. Christ, you reek of a fucking teenager.
>>
>>68265539
>defending a psychotic despot who hoards a precious resource that he only has because he killed the dudes who built the well
>calls other people a teenager
Is your name DLP? Because you're really good at projecting.
>>
>>68265539
>Christ, you reek of a fucking teenager.
yet you are saying that the man who enslaves women is a good guy
>>
File: 1460536270870.jpg (10 KB, 183x200) Image search: [Google]
1460536270870.jpg
10 KB, 183x200
>>68265539
>>
Nux, Max, and Furiosa all experience character development. Max gets over some of his PTSD over not being able to save everyone from his past, Nux overcomes his warboy brainwashing via the power of a redheaded waifu and Furiosa learns the best way to deal with her problems is to face them head on and murder them in a truck explosion.

Most of their motivations can be summed up in "I don't want to be dead or a slave." I'm pretty sure most people can identify with that.
>>
i though the movie was fun
>>
>>68265773
So does my underage brother.
I just talked to him he things its best movie ever.

>>68265759
Fair enough I guess this is what people mean when some movies are not for everyone.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>68265609
He rebuilt society from scratch and put order in a place where pure anarchy reigned and there was no semblance of civilization. The fact that you actually think that his management of a "precious resource" is worse than what Furiosa did at the end, actually wasting it by giving it away to everyone for nothing, then you're no better than Carl the Cuck.

>>68265622
>Enslaves women
Still don't see how offering them the conditions that kings throughout history haven't had the chance to experience "slavery". You realize there are women doing what the brides are doing to old, rich men nowadays, right? You'd also say THEY are enslaved and feel pity for them?

Are you sure you're not lost? I believe >>>/co/ is that way.
>>
>>68265857
>thinks*
>>
>>68265858
His civilization was shit. In his world, you can be a sex slave, a regular slave, or just wait around to die. And he built his civilization on the backs of those he robbed and murdered, like those who built The Citadel. Did you even read the prequel comics?
>>
wasted potential t-b-h
>>
>>68265858
yeah and stalin was a great guy who cares for the lives of everyone in the ussr
>>
>>68266008

No he didnt. He killed millions. Are you stupid?
>>
>>68265858
>You realize there are women doing what the brides are doing to old, rich men nowadays, right? You'd also say THEY are enslaved and feel pity for them?
yes because those women are locked up in a room the whole time and will be killed if they don't do what the old rich men want. Totally the same thing. Also they left to go the green place which was believed to be just as good but with out the whole slavery thing.
>>
File: 1324497033867.jpg (100 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
1324497033867.jpg
100 KB, 448x473
>>68265422
>a chick flick packed with pointless visual action and absolutely ruined with a preachy and cancerous political message.
>pointless visual action
>preachy and cancerous political message.
Worst poster on this board right now.
>>
>>68266008
Bootlickers like that guy usually had poor father figures, and thus want a big strong daddy to latch onto. He probably jacks off to Mussolini propaganda posters.
>>
>>68266058
well that guy is saying immortan joe was a o kay when he displayed the same treatment towards the people under him soooo
>>
File: 1310498381546.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1310498381546.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>68266058
You've got to be joking
>>
>>68265858
>The fact that you actually think that his management of a "precious resource" is worse than what Furiosa did at the end, actually wasting it by giving it away to everyone for nothing
also the point was that there was plenty of water but he was using it to control everyone
>>
>>68265759
hahahahahahahahaha
>>
Some random things I enjoyed about MM:FR

- the little thumbs up Max gives whatshername just before SPLAT
- Nux holding up the magazine for the automatic pistol when Max and Furiosa are fighting
- Charlize Theron's eyes
- Furiosa's body language when Max is attempting to use the sniper rifle
- Nux's nicknames for his cancers
- WITNESS ME
- The theme music "Blood Brothers"
- When they ride into the sandstorm and people are getting sucked into the air and torn apart
- When the bike gang attack and Furiosa shoots a rider off the bike then ducks as the bike bounces off the hood of the truck

I could go on.

Basically the movie is the sum of hundreds of cool little beats and action moments which are really enjoyable to me.
>>
>>68266119

Are you serious? Just check wikipedia you dumbnut.
>>
>>68265011
>this may be the first time I will avoid movies from someone

Don't lie, you know you're hyped for Happy Feet 3D.
>>
>>68265857
>So does my underage brother.
>I just talked to him he things its best movie ever.
so does a lot of professional critics
>>
>>68265858
>Still don't see how offering them the conditions
He didn't offer them, he forced it upon them.
>You realize there are women doing what the brides are doing to old, rich men nowadays, right? You'd also say THEY are enslaved and feel pity for them?
The ones who choose to do it are fine.

He is a caricature of 'the patriarchy' he literally calls his wives 'my property', he's a physically disgusting despot, old white man. The character is a straw man for tumblr to hate, the writers are saying 'SEE, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MEN ARE IN CHARGE'

The fact that you like him is hilarious.
>>
>>68266188
>critics
You mean guys that never made any movies and are paid to talk about them and tell you whats good?
ok
>>
>>68266290

So....just like you?
>>
>>68266146
you're right in your train of thought, as that's kind of what the movie is; a culmination of all the little ideas floating around in miller's head
if nothing else, the movie is a pure expression of miller's vision onscreen

fucking hate the guitar, should have had an actual guitar with unpredictable noise instead of generic squealing added in post
>>
>>68265958
>His civilization was shit
It was better than the pure anarchy reigning out there. Same the Bullet Farmer and the cunt who ran Gas Town. Only weak people see that kind of attempt at regaining some fucking stability over a society that has crumbled as something bad.

Go back to eating lizards and fighting for a puddle of water, see how that's better.

>>68266008
False analogy.

>>68266059
>Totally same thing
It's the same principle. They spread their legs and obtain fortune and riches beyond anyone who ever posted on this board's imagination. The fact that they didn't appreciate their conditions and what was being offered to them because Immortan was "icky" is fucking retarded.

Get the fuck outta here with that "slavery" bullshit, I'm sure there's a marxist class in Yale missing one of the retards shouting "isms" at people.

>>68266065
I bet you unironically enjoy capeshit.

>>68266092
Nice projection.

>>68266121
So?

>>68266234
Oh how fucking horrendous! I'm FORCED to live like a king instead of being outside and fighting for my life, how terrible and mean of him to FORCE me to have drinkable water, food and the comfort of sleeping without worrying whether someone will cut my throat or not at night!

>The ones who choose to do it are fine
Same principle applies.

>The fact that you like him is hilarious
The fact that I like the only guy who's right in this whole story, that is INDEED a tumblr boogeyman bullshit story, is hilarious? Glad you had a chuckle m8, I'm really happy for you.
>>
Y'all niggas retarded.

The movie is about the pursuit of perfection and the many forms that perfection can take in the eyes of an individual.

>Examples of this include a the sacrificing of femininity by Furiosa to protect the other women (and their femininity).

>Immortan Joe's pursuit of an heir free from deformities and, as a means to that goal, the women (and their femininity).

>Nux's misguided pursuit of perfection is through a glorious warrior death for Immortan, later he learns the perfect peace is found through dying for the people you love.

Not every character has arcs related to perfection but it is a major theme throughout the movie.

Like Max's arc is mostly about learning that helping and failing is better than running away and that the time(s?) he has failed in the past were still better than just leaving people to die that need help.
>>
The sped-up action sequences felt so hokey and really took me out of the movie because it looked so fucking dumb

There was next to no plot, the action was cool and so was the cinematography, but that's about it, I don't see what's so revolutionary about the movie
>>
>>68266350
What do you mean?
I don't work as a film critic,I work as a dentist.
I came here to talk about movie I just watched and you are mixing up profession with retelling personal experience.
Dont try to pull that shit on me Ive been in this dump longer than I want to admit.
>>
>>68266382
The people who lived at The Citadel were doing fine before Immortan Joe murdered them.
>>
>>68266454
I appreciate Miller's attempt to make an original action movie and one that's extremely creative and has excellent worldbuilding but it just wasn't that good imo
>>
>>68266382
>The road warrior
>Group establishes an outpost in a fuel refinery
>While maintaing the rights and freedoms of all within the little enclave

>Immortan Joe
>Shits on everyone and lives lavishly while the masses suffer

YEA BRO HE REALLY DID GUD, ORDER OUT UF CHAOS, PRAIZ IMMORTAN!

You're the type of weak little faggot who would vote for trump
>>
>>68266290
Ok a lot of famous movie directors said it was great too but you probably know film better those idiots who obviously can't see how bad this film is
>>
>>68266457

How long? How is it working as a dentist? What kind of movies do you like? Tell me more about you.
>>
>>68266234
please, anon.
that guy is in no way a caricature and functions more as a generic warlord of old.
the thing about him is that he's not just oppressing the women, he oppresses his own warboys and the general people as well.
hell, the religion is just an excuse to have them do whatever he wants. if you really want to dig into the movie, it's more about how people in power can use their influence to shape a society
>>
>>68265011
>bad CGI
You wanna know how I know you're trolling?
>>
>>68266454
Can you share email address I would like you to have you as a friend?

send it here I will then reply with the real one
>[email protected]
>>
>>68266382
they were leaving for a better place where they wouldn't be killed how fucking hard is that to understand
>>
>>68266492
>Accuses others of weakness
>While using weak people who would've crumbled eventually as an example of a functional post apocalyptic society

I guess the meek shall indeed inherit the earth. Glad I won't be around to see you faggots ruin it.
>>
Best action movie in a long, long time
>>
>>68266640
what is this
>>
>>68266638
>the lizard scene
>the cheap green scree final stages
come the fuck on man I could go on.
I said the car effects were fine everything else wasnt
>>
>>68266655
Because they were being killed in the Citadel, right? Not treated like fucking royalty, right? :^)
>>
File: 1436891865409.gif (1 MB, 718x301) Image search: [Google]
1436891865409.gif
1 MB, 718x301
WITNESS ME BLOODBAG!
>>
>>68266662
>there's no middle ground between murderous psychopath and meek faggot
You're the worst kind of person.
>>
>>68266692

Please go on.
>>
>>68266692
the last crash was mainly practical mate
>>
>>68265341
act
>>
>>68266681
temp email
Since this is 4chan and I dont want to share private mails public.
Send me a message with a legit mail I will respond with my real address.
>>
>>68266705
if they didn't have kids they would have been killed
>>
>>68266728
AND?
WHAT DID I SAY MOST OF THE CAR STUFF WAS GREAT BUT THERE WAS OBVIOUS BAD CGI FOR FUCK SAKE WHY DO YOU MAKE ME REPEAT MYSELF LIKE A RETARD
>>
>>68266746
no, I mean why the fuck are you asking random people to email you on 4chan? That dude wasn't replying to you or even saying anything interesting. What the fuck are you?
>>
>>68266719
In a post apocalyptic world ruined by war? No, there isn't much middle ground to be had. It's literally a world where only the strong survive and dominate.

Deal with it, nerd.

>>68266770
They did have kids. Stop tossing hypothetical "what if" bullshit around.
>>
actualy , i will see it again for the 7th time just because its the greatest movie since gladiator
>>
>>68266816

Because you are a retard? Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>68265011
You kind of missed out when you didn't watch it on a big screen with great surround sound and all that, because this might be one of my favourite experiences I had watching a movie in theaters.

BUT, when I watched this movie for the second time at home the epic chasing and fighting scenes didn't really stand out anymore. I noticed the cringy parts a lot more and realized this movie wasn't really that good. Stopped watching after 2/3rds of the movie.
>>
>>68266640

sent ;^)
>>
>>68266858
If the whole world were populated by people like you, civilized society never would have developed. Strength means nothing without compassion, and vice-versa.
>>
>>68266916
Sadly the world is populated by mostly people like you, which is why the West is crumbling under its own compassion. Thanks for throwing civilization under the bus so you can feel morally superior for 30 minutes, dick.
>>
>>68266874
whatever oh epik troll

>>68266835
Because not everyone on 4chan is stupid or edgy,and I am op of the thread.
ive made few good friends from here in the past years thats why.
Its not all about shitposting
>>
I enjoyed that the plot wasnt:

WE NEED TO DO THIS THING TO SAVE THE ENTIRE EARTH FROM UTTER DESTRUCTION AND REPEL THESE INVADERS AND DEFEND OUR PLANET.

It was pretty low stakes for the story's setting instead of being the end all be all of stories forever and ever. It seems like every movie with this big of a budget is now about saving the entire planet from annihilation or enslavement.
>>
>>68266816
well explain the last stage you are talking about because the last crash takes place in the last stage
>>
>>68267030

Lol, are you gay?
>>
File: Capture.png (4 KB, 576x121) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4 KB, 576x121
>>68266904
nope nothing
>>
>>68266816
Those caps totally get your point across and don't make you look like an underage faggot
>>
>>68267009
There's three types of people: those who want to keep the immigrants out, those who want to let them in, and those who want to kill them all along with their children.

I'm the first type, the people you're talking about are the second type, and you're the third type. You're the kind of retard who thinks it's better to rule through fear than respect, when it's been shown time and time again that the people turn on the former and stay loyal to the latter.
>>
>>68266692
>come the fuck on man I could go on.
Please do.

I'll give you that the CGI in some parts looked really obvious. The entire Desert Storm sequence felt kinda jarring, but narratively it made sense and so I was willing to forgive the CGI there. The Lizard looked convincing enough to me, anyway.

Y'know what I was really surprised wasn't CG? The "le epic 3D showcase" shot at the end, where the guitar and wheel fly at you. They shot that practically then composited it in.
>>
>>68267085
Whatever anon,there are some great people here but you are still fresh to understand.
>>
>>68267030
>in the past years
Let me guess, two? Because you seem like the kind of faggot who came here from tumblr or reddit.
>>
>>68267136
Oh wow. How many cocks have you sucked since you started this thread?
>>
>>68265011
Tbh i watched this film for ~45mins and it was just too dumb to be enjoyable, don't understand how reddit letter media etc. liked it so much.
>>
ITT: OP is a faggot
>>
>>68267099
my bad on that one.

>>68267134
I dont have the straight to argue.
If it did good for you fine,I am never the guy that plays spot the CGI but some parts were sticking like a needle in my eye.
>>
>>68267131
I'm nothing like the third type.

If anything I'm an isolationist, I want to keep what's mine intact and leave what's theirs to their own. They could be beheading the kids in Syria by the thousands for all I care. It's their retarded, fucked up culture and it has a place for it. It certainly isn't Europe. It's as much part of the European culture as the European culture is part of theirs.

So. RIP again, dumbass.
>>
>>68267216
I bet you thought BvS was the pinnacle of intelligent entertainment
>>
>>68267177
try 7

>>68267179
no cocks sucked,im not into dicks.
I think blacked threads are getting on to you.
>>
>>68267009
Edgelord 5000 here just got out of high school and is trying to make sense of the world.
It's ok champ, nothing in this world is black or white, it takes a while to get used to but you will :^)
>>
>>68267261
Yet, you're defending a character who, rather than building something himself, decides to invade the people who actually built something useful and use it to keep people down and perpetuate violence. Sounds like Mudslimes to me.
>>
>>68267270
Why? I didn't even bother watching it. I don't see the appeal of mad max, that is all.
>>
File: 1200804613774.jpg (29 KB, 450x322) Image search: [Google]
1200804613774.jpg
29 KB, 450x322
>>68267278
>>
>>68265341
Act.
Dumb shit
>>
>>68267351
k bud whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>68267306
>Projecting this fucking much
Take it down a notch, son, they might stuff you in a classroom for the rest of your life if you keep projecting so much.

>>68267307
I'm defending a character who's doing the right thing given the circumstances he's in. Which is not the circumstances you or I are in, is it now?

Try to keep up. You strike me as a DYEL type, 2bh.
>>
>>68267419
>calls someone a teenager
>gets called out for projecting

>gets called a teenager
>says that person is just projecting

How old are you?
>>
>>68267524
>NO U
t. You

Fine argument, chap.
>>
>>68267419
>I'm defending a character who's doing the right thing given the circumstances he's in.
everything you argued about him being right could be said about Hitler
>>
>>68267563
It's an easy question. How old are you? What year were you born in? I was born in 1993. What about you?
>>
>>68266351
I think the guitar sounded terrible, which is why they didn't do anything with it's sound. It was more for looks.
>>
>>68267572
And we just reached Godwin's law.

It was good while it lasted, at least you tried.

>>68267609
92. This is relevant because?
>>
>>68267419
Lol whatever kiddo.
In the end, your retarded opinions don't matter anyways, cause:
>97% on RT
>Multiple Oscar wins and nomination for best picture
>$400 million worldwide

Your caps cruise control is irrelivant, and you are the whiney minority
>>
>>68267656
well you are the one who is defending a man who enslaves and murders people for no good reason
>>
>>68267656
>just happened to born a year before me
I doubt it. It's okay to be a teenager, you know? Just not on here. It's against the rules.
>>
>>68267657
>Takes critics seriously
>Thinks meaningless (literally meaningless categories) Oscars mean jackshit
>Thinks that it wasn't a flop
Nice way to back out of the argument.

"Whatever" right back at you, "kiddo". Nothing personnel, amirite?
>>
>>68267734
>for no good reason

>>68267742
December the 28th 1992. But go on with your paranoia anon, I'm sure you'll triumph.
>>
>>68267657
>he actually thinks RT are any better than imdb
wew
>>
>>68267786
ok explain the reasoning
>>
>>68267744
How was it a flop?
>>
>>68267786
Prove it, kid. : ^ )
>>
>>68267744
>>Thinks meaningless (literally meaningless categories) Oscars mean jackshit
yep you totally know more about movies than the people who actually make them
>>
>>68267869
He knows more than reviewers, more than filmmakers, and more than regular theater goers. He's the end all be all of film opinions, and no matter what he thinks, it's right, no matter how many people disagree with him.
>>
>>68266146
this

If nothing else, the whole movie is filled with detail and they did it mostly without dialogue.
>>
>>68266858
>They did have kids. Stop tossing hypothetical "what if" bullshit around.
yeah but they had to be actually healthy

and it's not certain that joe is even capable of siring healthy children
>>
>>68267838
>doesn't understand how profit works these days in the industry
not that guy, but it was a flop
it barely broke even
>>
>>68267798
97 is a good score for an action flick, regardless of your polling method
>>68267744
A sad existence it must be to scream with unbridled rage at strangers on the internet. Like a dog behind a property fence, yapping at the free passerbys, without the ability to choose where he roams
>>
>>68265011
literally I have no taste: the post
>>
>>68267964
breaking even makes it not a flop also it made a ton in DVD sales
>>
>>68267964
A film needs to make back double its budget to break even. It made 100 million more than that.
>>
>>68267969
>i came to shitpost-the post
>>
>>68267806
I'm not Immortan Joe. I'm not in a position to say whether the people he offed needed to die. But neither are you. You don't get to throw these judgement calls to a guy who rebuilt a strip of civilized society from scratch.

Tl;dr you're in a position as good as mine to decide whether the reasons are good or not. But at least I'm not pretending I know what I'm talking about regarding this particular subject like you are.

>>68267869
Did it win Best Picture? Best Director? Any of the Best Actor nominations (if it had any)? No? The rest is meaningless bullshit. And you know it, quit grasping to it just to shake off the fact that you were wrong when you said "IT'LL TOTALLY BLOW EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WATER AT THE OSCARS, BEST MOVIE, BEST DIRECTOR, YOU'LL SEE WE'RE RIGHT". Get fucked.

>>68267967
A sad existence it must be to scream with unbridled rage at strangers on the internet. Like a dog behind a property fence, yapping at free passerbys, without the ability to choose where he roams.
>>
>>68267609
>1993
kill yourself.
>>
>>68265477
mad max has always been style over substance. theres no deep story because that's how it's meant to be. the characters are interesting in a superficial way.

its just a really well done action movie that doesnt try to be anything else. i dont know how you could think the special effects werent good, maybe you have to see it in the cinema. best speccial effects ive seen in a long time.

some of the acting was pretty bad yes but at least it was kept to a minimum. you gotta see madmax as the cinematic equivalent to an arcade game. cheap thrills done well
>>
>>68268045
uh, no
it needs to make more than that to make profit
it barely broke even and we all know why it did, because many idiots like the ones defending it saw it several times
>>
>>68265011
FINALLY someone sees my point of view of this movie!

I absolutely thought it sucked with character development and zero story. Yes the 2 hour car chase was cool but I did not wanna spend $15 to just see that in a cinema.
>>
>>68268132
I would say brainwashing a bunch of people to kill themselves only to get a couple of girls just back for yourself is bad judgment in most cases
>>
>>68268175
this
>>
>>68265216
Please do not post screenshots of women from a feminist movie.
It will trigger people.
>>
>>68265011
nice blog post. we really value your opinion around here.
>>
>>68267278
>Been on 4chan 7 years
>Not into dicks
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>68265422
you consider the third one better than fury road, and you think anyone would give a shit about your opinion after that? kek
>>
>>68268147
Been here for 10 years.
>>68268175
It doesn't. The industry standard is 2xbudget. With a budget of $150 million and $400 in worldwide revenue, that's $100 million in profit.
>>
File: MADfuriosa.png (2 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
MADfuriosa.png
2 MB, 1280x718
>>68265011
They should have called it Mad Furiosa. Max wasn't at all the main character in this feminist piece of shit.
>>
>>68268227
Please go back to meme posting and cape threads.
There is a hide button for a reason.
>>68268222
I dont give a fuck.
She was shit in the movie no feminism can save her.
>>
>>68268271
>posting sub-bait in a bait thread
Nice try.
>>
>>68268266
>literally has no idea how movie industry works and what making profit means
it needed far more than 400 million to be profitable
>>
>>68268252
I was on /b/ for only one year,then moved into /g/ /ic/ and /tv/.
>>
>>68268316
it was so unprofitable explains why they are planing another one
>>
>>68268194
People who were gonna die anyway and chose a warrior's death over a lingering one tied to tubes. Respectable.

Society devolved into tribal warfare, a warrior chaste is acceptable in such terms.

>>68268260
>Here's a (You)
>>
>>68265011

I didnt like it when I used to be a fag either.
>>
>>68268349
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>68265011
It's an overrated piece of shit with a shallow story and even more shallow characters.

Even the action is oversacturated. You got the scene where he's running from the guys, and then the rest of the movie is one long chase scene that doesn't change.

Does any person in this movie have sentences longer than 8 words? The dialog and character interaction in this movie is almost nonexistent.

And Immortal Joe sucks. Nothing makes me feel any emotion towards him. He's supposed to be the villain, but he's generic as fuck and never does anything that would make me hate him.

And that camera filter? God. Lay off the fucking filters people.

The movie fucking sucked.
>>
>>68268362
planning =/= making
>>
>>68265216
>>68265341
>she's perfect

she's wanna the most goofy looking model i;ve ever seen. Not only can she not act but she was the worst girl
>>
>>68268371
>chase
>>68268403
>oversacturated

Why are people who dislike the Mad Max series so bad at spelling?
>>
>>68268422
>wanna
lel

*one of
sorry
>>
>>68268395
BAIT HAHAHHA BAIT
>>
>>68268403
yeah what the fuck doesn't this movie know that it needs to spoon feed us?
>>
>>68268443
*oversaturated

Ya happy now?
>>
>>68268468
Are you having a seizure?
>>
>>68268529
ITS A BIG ONE GUYS HOLD UP :D:DD:D:D:
>>
>>68268513
I was happy to begin with, because it proves that people who hate the Mad Max series are so dumb that they don't even know how to spell the word "saturated".
>>
>>68268503
Que?
>>
>>68268403

>immortal joe

Kill yourself.
>>
>>68268569
>Yeah, what the fuck? Doesn't this movie know that it needs to spoon feed us?
ftfh
>>
>>68268568
Wow dude, nice strawman.

Plus I'm on Clover and I just mistyped. I know how to spell.

But go ahead dude. Think you're so much smarter than everyone else because they don't like what you like.
>>
>>68268615
>I'm on Clover
The dating app? What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>68268589
Immortan, whatever. I watched it once and didn't care to be a part of the fandom and care to get all the names right. Once again, that doesn't disprove anything.
>>68268599
>Thinking that this movie is deep.

LOL. Ok.
>>
>>68268686
>Thinking a movie needs dialog to be good
>>
>>68268664
The mobile 4chan app, duh
>>
File: 1378506982986.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1378506982986.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>68268734
>Muh explosions
>Muh action
>>
>>68268747
>he's mobilecancer
That explains everything.
>>
>>68268789
so you are saying I am dumb when you don't seem to understand what visionary storytelling is
>>
>>68268859
Once again, nice strawman.

Do all you guys do is meme instead of having actual discussion?

Not that I expect differently from /tv/
>>
>>68266457
>they get paid to do it so they're terrible and don't know anything

>I'm just doing it for fun so everything I saw is right

Holy fuck. You must be a shit dentist right? I mean I'm assuming you do get paid for it.
>>
>>68268920
>They drive to one place and then drive back
>Nux switches sides because boner
>Max has visions... Because.
>Max's vision lead nowhere in the movie
>Nothing makes us hate Joe, because he doesn't DO ANYTHING

Wow. Such storytelling.
>>
>>68268949
are you having a stroke?
Do you realize what are you talking about.
>>
>>68268939
>strawman
You're posting on 4chan from your phone. That's literally the definition of mobilecancer.
>>
>>68269057
no u
>>
>>68269018
>Wow. Such storytelling.
go back to 9gag, faggot
>>
>>68269018

>>Nux switches sides because boner
>>Max has visions... Because.
>>Max's vision lead nowhere in the movie
>>Nothing makes us hate Joe, because he doesn't DO ANYTHING
So I am right that you didn't understand the storytelling because most of that is pretty inaccurate
>>
File: Guitar wailing in distance.jpg (285 KB, 1641x692) Image search: [Google]
Guitar wailing in distance.jpg
285 KB, 1641x692
>>68265011
>Not liking the soundtrack
U wot m8?
>>
File: immortan joe shiggy small.jpg (16 KB, 271x254) Image search: [Google]
immortan joe shiggy small.jpg
16 KB, 271x254
It's easily the most fun action movie in years, get off your high horse you fucking faggot.
>>
>>68266382
>OP getting this autistic that people are calling out his shit taste
Literally DAMAGE CONTROL the post
>>
I'm a huge Mad Max fan, and Road Warrior is one of my favorite moveis. I was looking forward to Fury Road, but thank god /tv/ warned me in time not to see it because of the feminist propaganda.
If you watched it you are pretty much a cuck and a liberal
>>
File: thats_bait.webm (358 KB, 1912x792) Image search: [Google]
thats_bait.webm
358 KB, 1912x792
>>68269623
>>
File: 1458269270614.jpg (16 KB, 358x511) Image search: [Google]
1458269270614.jpg
16 KB, 358x511
>>68269623
Ate you retarded?
>>
File: witnessed.jpg (49 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.jpg
49 KB, 575x575
>immortan joe has blessed you with dubs
>>
>>68269666
His only line in the movie.
A true visual experience.
>>
File: 1432294750869.png (229 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1432294750869.png
229 KB, 900x900
Witness!
>>
>>68269018
this is setting my autism on fire
>>
>>68265539
>cringe: the post
>>
>>68269018
If you can't at the very least understand what his visions were about and how the fueled his actions you are clinically retarded
>>
>>68265011
Dubs get
>>
There's the now-standard catnip for feminists (Girls kick ass!) and environmentalists (They've poisoned the water!) - which adds "substance,".

Then for the CINEPHILE, the cineaste with his child's joy at catching reference to the classics - how easy it is to please simple people! -
>pointless nods to Metropolis and The Searchers,
>as well as Clockwork Orange-type gobbledygook for dialogues.

But what the movie's really interested in is stuffing as much INCOHERENT CRASHING EXPLODING SHIT as possible into two hours. And in this it succeeds. Triumphantly. I sure got my fill of INCOHERENT CRASHING EXPLODING SHIT and then some.

Even the discerning film critics, so-called, said it's one for the ages. I was told it was the "thinking man's action film" (red flag if ever) by people who are as established, simple people.

So I deserved what I got: a bunch of INCOHERENT CRASHING EXPLODING SHIT with plot lifted from the old taking-the-wagon-of-women (who nowadays invariably kick ass)-across-hostile-terrain westerns, with pawnshop dystopian-future as garnish. Pretty dismal stuff.

Enjoy the wonderful fantasy where Star Wars and Fury Roads and Donald Trumps don't merit a moment's attention. But maybe there's little hope for us. The director of this movie is seventy years old.
>>
>>68270312
>he never saw The Road Warrior as a kid
sad
>>
File: 1391914317782.jpg (9 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1391914317782.jpg
9 KB, 224x225
>>68266382
>>
>>68270312
>pointless nods to Metropolis
What?
>>
>>68265422
Oh, you're just a /pol/tard. lolok
>>
File: drapeface.jpg (21 KB, 377x396) Image search: [Google]
drapeface.jpg
21 KB, 377x396
>>68265011
Hey nobody is telling you you need to understand what makes an action movie good.

You're more than within your right to passively watch a movie on your laptop, after 11 months of hearing how great it was, to not really pay attention so you can shitpost about it later on /tv/.

You do you brother.
>>
>>68271034
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy epic
>>
>>68270379
I saw it in theaters on the original run, newfag.
>>
>>68271117
No you didn't.
>>
>>68265476
This. Now I understand. The /pol/ meme is clearly making neckbeard retards like this.
>>
>>68265858
>You'd also say THEY are enslaved and feel pity for them?

I think that there might be a difference between a gold digger to somone who is robbed of thier freedom.

Just because a prisoner has better living conditions than a hobo dosen't mean that the prisoner free.
>>
>>68266382
>They spread their legs and obtain fortune and riches
I see what you mean, they are both pretty much prostitutes but one of them does it willingly.
>>
>>68266382
>Oh how fucking horrendous! I'm FORCED to live like a king instead of being outside and fighting for my life, how terrible and mean of him to FORCE me to have drinkable water, food and the comfort of sleeping without worrying whether someone will cut my throat or not at night!

You're not really big on this whole freedom thing are you?

Some people prefer their freedom to riches.
>>
>>68267131
I'm the third type and I don't think Fury Road was a bad movie nor was muhh ess jee ways cancer. The movie was pretty much a 2 hour car chase with awesome action, I was too busy enjoying the movie to go all muh politics about it.
>>
>>68272612
Welcome to the mind of a bootlicker, in which security is somehow more important than freedom.
>>
>>68272612
Not to mention Joe gave the people water, but only a little and made it essentially a show of power when he rained water on people and then cut it, making people fight over it. He's a sadist, a cool sadist but a sadist nonetheless.
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.