[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: death note movie.jpg (315 KB, 1000x1475) Image search: [Google]
death note movie.jpg
315 KB, 1000x1475
>Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting caught
>Still get caught

Japanese """"""writers"""""" have to be the dumbest motherfuckers ever.
>>
>>68263843
if his father wasn't a cop, he would never get caught.
>>
The way he was caught was pretty clever though and I bet you wouldnt have thought of it faggot
>>
The point of the L saga was to show that Light was arrogant and demanded recognition and respect. If he had just let "L"/Lind L Taylor say his stupid 'Imma catch you criminal!' bit and not treated that as grounds for execution he would have been fine.

If Light actually cared about making a perfect world and wasn't selfishly trying to become God he could have easily gotten away with it.
>>
>>68263843
Eh, Yagami was pretty dumb. He didnt had any methodical system which ones should die. At first he didnt thought that anyone could find him and basically that was the end of him.
>>
>>68263956
Anime or movie?
The movie was mildly clever, while the anime had the dumbest fucking shit ending ever
>lel we switched the notes bro XD
>>
>>68263901
god damn it
>>
>>68263964
Nah, he fucked himself over by searching through daddy's police database and somehow leaving traces despite being a genius Mary Sue. It narrowed the search from severa million suspects to like 5
>>
File: 1435540894193.jpg (38 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1435540894193.jpg
38 KB, 420x420
>>68263993
>>lel we switched the notes bro XD

>this is an actual argument
>>
>>68263964
yeah the series was noteworthy in that you followed the villain pretty closely as the supposed protagonist, you can see his logic and how it advances until you can no longer support what he's become.
It's kind of similar to Breaking Bad.
>>
>>68263993
so what's actually wrong with that?
>>
File: 1455133433644.png (186 KB, 192x546) Image search: [Google]
1455133433644.png
186 KB, 192x546
>>68264122
>>68264069
>muh [thing] XDFSXDFXD leelelelele
>>
>>68264069
>>68264122
Were you actually satisfied with 30 something episodes of mindgames culminating in a wacky switcheroo and Mikami being a crazy idiot?
>>
>>68264167
How would you have ended it then?
>>
>>68264218
As I already said the movie fixed it. No retarded child prodigies, and L gets to win in a tragic way
>>
>>68264069
Not him. But I'll fucking blow you the fuck out.

Film: The film ends with Light getting fucked over by L. Lured into a trap and killed. When Light asks how L isn't dead, L says "I wrote my death to be at a later date". In short, he made his death happen in 30 days before Light ever wrote anything. Meaning he couldn't die before that date, even with the Death Note. Light goes on a sperg rant and his father tries to talk him into coming along quietly. He tells his dad to fuck off and goes for the book, only to find out Ryuk has taken the Death Note and writes Light into the book to die of a heart attack. Light tries to bribe him with apples, only for Ryuk to go "No thanks, I always get apples, for thousands of years, you're not special, I'm bored now". Light dies. L dies peacefully solving his hardest case ever and is known as a hero. The film ends.

Anime: Light gets fed up of L being a dick in his ass so kills L. L dies. Light then gets in charge of the Task Force. While in the film, as I said, L just pretends to die, in the anime he actually dies. However, he had a super secret backup plan where he has two protégé ready to take up the case when they're announced of his death. This makes the series go on a lot longer with bullshit subplots. The two protégé constantly fight each, but in the end they go "TOGETHER! WE CAN SOLVE THIS CASE! AS FRIENDS! ANIMEHANDSHAKE.JPG" They go off and solve the case. They trap Light. Light then gets shot several times and goes on a fucking rant. He is bleeding out and he calls for Ryuk to help him. Ryuk goes "Nah bro" and kills him with the Death Note cause he thinks Light is being pathetic. The series ends.

The only way the anime is better is the fact that Ryuk laughs at the fact, that despite Light thinking him as a God, he was just as afraid of dying as everybody else.

Death Note has a manga, novelization, live action films (split into two), anime, theatre production, FUCKING MUSICALS and now a TV series.
>>
>>68264344
>Light thinking himself as a God*

Fixed that. Also, it's a Hollywood film in production as well. Though my guess is it won't happen as USA has problems with Death Notes and keeps having to arrest kids with them. So the film will probably just make it worse.
>>
>>68263843
It wasn't the magical notebook that led to Light be apprehended, it was his own flawed stupidity. Time and time again, whether it is the film, the television show, the manga or the anime, the narrative forces Light to act like a complete idiot to drive the plot forward. This is despite the fact that's he's suppose to be a genius on par with the most intelligent people in the world, who have way more resources, experience, and overall culmination of specific knowledge than him.

The narrative of Death Note constantly forces itself to create implausible contrived coincidences, circumstances, or improbable conclusions of these "intelligent" characters without any basis or evidence that can lead to such a result, simply so the plot would not end sooner than the author wants it to be. It's why I hate reading about "genius" characters from writers who are obviously not even close to the IQ of the characters they have written.

Call me pretentious or a plebeian all you like, but at least a normal intelligence or a character just formally educated, but not a genius, is far more believable, interesting, and justifiably flawed than the appeal writers have for creating characters far more impossibly incomprehensible to understand on a mental level.
>>
the anime ending was so fucking annoying because it didn't end with Near or Light outsmarting each other, but with that other guy fucking it up for Light.
>>
>>68264444
Drama Light wasn't supposed to be a genius.
The thing he did excel at was being a fucking dick.
>>
>>68264444
It wasn't even that. In the film he is much better and only loses because Ryuk fucks him over. No other reason. In the anime, he is fucked over by his middle-man being an idiot.

The plot of the film shows Lights egotism and God-complex a lot better as well. Which is his ultimate failure. Also, I don't ever remember him being classified as a genius, only above average with access to stuff that most people didn't have. That is, police reports and knowing if they were getting close.

L was a genius. Light was a well positioned and adaptable person. Which is why L being killed in the anime was the most fucking stupid thing ever and was clearly done to spread the run out longer than the author wanted it to.
>>
>>68263843
The ending made no fucking sense at all, why the fuck would they introduce two new main characters in the last 5 episodes. I'm still mad. The anime still has some redeeming parts though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5RfsmCunpY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PTzJ9EveMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEpeNe95zfU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNqQ7N5aAM

Death scenes were pure kino
>>
>>68265142
The first one was the best episode of the serie
>>
>>68265102
>be at the top of all of Nippon's school placement tests
>not a genius
>>
>>68265131
If there was ever a Death Note adaptation in movie it should end at this scene, and Naomi should be the main antagonist, none of that L bullshit
>>
>>68265016
The one thing I like about the TV drama was how the show devoted more time to further elaborate Light's personal motives and what led him to targeting criminals: his mother was one of the victims of a serial killer his father could have neutralized before it happened, which lead Light to blaming him and criminals overall. Crime is so rampant his father has to take care of it, and barely has time for Light and his sister. Due to this, Light is the de facto second parent of the house, didn't have a proper upbringing, and has a strained relationship with his father.

Even Ryuk manages to pull Light's strings by pointing out that if Light won't accept the Death Note, then maybe another violet criminal will that could lead to Light's father or sister being one of their victims. There's just so much more personal reasons for why TV Drama!Light started his war against crime than Manga!Light, and it's far more believable than just believing the world is rotten, and that only a godlike figure such as himself can rectify its current state.
>>
>>68265230
Not really no. That is not the definition of genius. He's smart, but not a genius. A genius has backup plans, like L did, if things go wrong. Light went from crisis to crisis trying to scrape through, as I said, he was adaptable. He wasn't a genius like L.
>>
>>68265620
Guess that depends on your definition of "genius" then. Light graduated top of his class (in high school, of course) nationwide. I don't really know how to measure L's intelligence. I mean, besides going up against and in my opinion, besting Light. I think L should have killed Light. Obviously bullshit to extend the annimays and introduce two useless faggots to the series.
>>
DUDE WE HAD TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO END THE PLOT LMAO

Anime always has bad writing.
>>
>>68265732
Yup. That's why I think the film is better. L outsmarts Light by writing his death in to happen and working out when Light would likely try to kill him. Then tricking Light into coming to a place where he couldn't escape. Ryuk killing Light is only better in the anime because it shows how afraid of death Light is, despite thinking himself as a God for a long time.
>>
>>68265807
The guy had the plot ready to end, but Death Note was incredibly popular and he was told to extend it. Killing L meant lots bought it and people followed it to see what would happen now. But the problem is the dragging of the series on to try and flesh out Near and the other one.
>>
It always bugged me about Light's motivation. Ryuk tells him about the Death Note and Light just instantly becomes a complete psycho. I was expecting them to reveal why but no. They never do.
>>
>>68265865
It's been forever since I've seen the movies. I probably should again. I do like the Light's death in the anime for basically all the reasons you say. He thinks he's invincible and when his big plan fails, he goes from always calm, collected, and calculating Light to full on panic mode because he hasn't been beaten basically his whole life. He doesn't really know how to handle it, and realizes he isn't a god.

Speaking of the movies, how many are there now? There's the first one, then is there a second I can't remember? I think the other one I'm thinking of is the third one, I dunno, it's like a side story about L's personal life. Maybe a direct prequel to the main story before he takes the Kira case.
>>
>>68263843
Isn't Light suppossed to be the hot one? Why cast a handsome guy for L and and ugly for Raito?
>>
>>68264069
>68264069

But that's literally what they did
>>
>>68266050
He said it's because he was bored with mundane life. Kinda like Walter he did it for himself more than anything.
>>
>>68266296
That still doesn't explain how he instantly gets delusions of grandeur. If it started off as something else and built up to Light thinking that he can become a god then that would make sense.
>>
>>68266395
He was the smartest guy in Japan. Ego etc.
>>
>>68266395
>yfw he actually did become God in deleted scenes
>>
>>68265131
>>68265381
>The ending made no fucking sense at all, why the fuck would they introduce two new main characters in the last 5 episodes.
nice exaggeration

But I think how they should have done the story is that instead of introducing Mello and Near, it's revealed that L isn't the only L. There are many L's. And this is revealed after L dies. And Light has no god damn idea how many L's there are. And it turns out, new L's are being trained all the damn time, and that Light is basically doomed to always fight L.
>>
>>68266760
Naw that's lame. It should just end with L getting btfo as originally intended.
>>
>>68266980
Light would have inevitably been defeated because his character really wasn't that smart. If he was smart to begin with, he would have released that a mass increase of heartattacks of inmates would have been suspicious as fuck
>>
>>68267105
*fuck I mean realized
>>
>>68267105
Nobody would care how suspicious it was if they thought they could never be caught. He clearly liked the attention too.
>>
>>68267105
If it wasn't for the 2 L clones, how could he have gotten caught after that?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>68264117

>actually comparing shitnote to Breaking Bad

What logic is there for Light's trail of thought?

>hurr durr I must rid this world of all evil but before I do that lemme just challenge a supergenius cause muh pride is stronger than muh ambition

>>68266296

>still comparing

Walter sums up his own feelings about his own life and why he cooked meth:

>''My wife is seven months pregnant with a baby we didn't intend. My fifteen-year old son has cerebral palsy. I am an extremely overqualified high school chemistry teacher. When I can work, I make $43,700 per year. I have watched all of my colleagues and friends surpass me in every way imaginable. And within eighteen months, I will be dead.''

>''I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And... I was really... I was alive.''

Walter had an unfulfilled life, and because of his pride, he couldn't take charity from his friends. He had to make his money his own way; which he eventually achieved.

Light is a Poor Mans Walter.
>>
>>68267341
He would have eventually been betrayed by someone close to him. The power of the notebook is tempting
>>
>>68268214
also, now that I think about, had Light started to rule Japan and it eventually spawn into some type of cult, what would stop say like for example Russia from nuking the ever loving shit out of Japan? Yeah, the US would probably get its panties in a bunch, but it'd be for the benefit of humanity.
>>
>>68267504
>cause muh pride is stronger than muh ambition
You clearly didn't understand Light in Death Note. He only did things for selfish reasons. How could a God have no pride?

If he was killing criminals to be altruistic, why wouldn't he have taken the Shinigami eye deal? Why would he have killed innocent people. It all could have been avoided if he had taken the eye deal and not cared about potentially becoming a God. By using the Death Note he doomed himself to nothingness after death. If he was selfless then he'd have no problems doing whatever he could to achieve his goal.

Light was only ever concerned with being a God and as a result made a lot of mistakes. That's why he fought a supergenius. Even if he did fight the supergenuis he still had a very easy way out of it. He just didn't take it.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.