[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: p12290252_b_v8_aa.jpg (294 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p12290252_b_v8_aa.jpg
294 KB, 960x1440
Is it good?
>>
No.
>>
>>68260953
no
>>
>>68260953
not really. it's trying to be the next Mad Men and failing, despite fantastic production values. hopefully they retool the fuck out of it.
>>
>>68260953

The cast is almost good enough to carry it. Almost.
>>
>>68260953

>"let's check out this demo"
>generic 3 chord rock song comes on
>everyone in the room: "oh man. this is really good, this is going to sell millions of records."
>>
>>68261075
this was before Blitzkrieg Bop my man.
>>
>>68260953
It's terrible. Don't waste your time.
>>
>>68260998

It's nothing like Mad Men, what have you been watching?
>>
>>68261149
>it's nothing like Mad Men

>period piece
>sexism as story fodder
>Juno Temple is Peggy
>Richie Finestra is Don
>Zack is Roger
>Mailroom cuck is Pete
>Richie murdered a guy while Don got a guy killed and stole his identity
>>
>>68261197
oh and they even got a black secretary when it took five seasons for Mad Men to get one.
>>
>>68260953
post olivia wilde's feet
>>
>>68261109

>"Blitzkrieg Bop" is a song by the American punk rock band Ramones that was released April 23, 1976.
>April 23, 1976.
>1976.

what a terrible post
>>
>>68261306
the show is set in 1973 you fucking faggot.
>>
>>68260953
It's great. Don't listen to the plebs
>>
>>68261376

>implying punk didn't exist before 1973
>>
>>68261197
The roles they're in are similar but the characters themselves are wildly different
>>
>>68260953
it's not great and it's not terrible
>>
>>68261149
It's not like Mad Men, but it's going for the same "Wasn't X decade so cool and sexy" hype Mad Men had when it first got popular even when that was never the point of the show
>>
>>68260953
No.

It's like madmen only instead of don draper you have a guy who goes around constantly begging people for stuff. It's embarrassing how much the main character degrades himself. But strangely the writers treat him as if he's good at his job. Oh and also

>MUH ROCK AND ROLL IS GONNA CHANGE THE SYSTEM MAAAAAAN
Jesus baby boomers are the fucking worst
>>
>>68260953
It's not bad

Its a solid 7/10, superficial entertainment

It's just generic writing, good enough to keep me watching one episode a week. Everything else is above par
>>
>>68261642
Does the show sincerely act like this music was gonna be world changing or is it done with irony about how things really turned out for the music industry?
>>
>>68261946
It does neither. Guy you responded to is full of shit
>>
This show is awesome what the fuck is wrong with you faggots? It's one of the best shows HBOs out out since Boardwalk Empire. But all you cucks tune in weekly for TWD, GoT and don't miss a capeshit or SW premiere.
>>
Jesus half of you fucks have no clue of what the shit you're talking about.

It's interesting if you are into music, particularly 70's New York. If not then you might find it boring and most shit will go over your head. It's a fictional dramatisation of the music industry of the era embellished with your Scorsese style violence, sex, drugs and some light mafia.
Quality weekly tv with good performances despite some of the cliches.
>>
>time period drama

lol nope
>>
>>68262367
>despite some of the cliches.
>some of the clichés
>some

cmon man just admit its shit
>>
>>68262215
reddit told them to hate dadrock
>>
It's not necessarily the show's fault itself but it pisses me off how expensive a project this has been for HBO with shit ratings. You can bet they're gonna be way more tentative with future project because of this blunder. Fucking Winter
>>
>>68262639
>implying HBO actually cares about ratings
DVD sales and subscriptions

With Winter gone they're in serious trouble. I wouldn't be surprised in the least of Richie is side stepped next season and Juno Temple is made the lead, and the mafia stuff and the murder side story is just ignored.
>>
>>68261564

it didn't, at least not officially. What you're thinking of is proto-punk
>>
>>68262639

nah. if anything it will clean out some of the old guard and get them to stop making stuff geared towards older audiences. they'll still make big budget bets, they know that GoT is the biggest show they've ever made.
>>
>>68262723
Ratings do matter. Nobody is subscribing to check out Vinyl if nobody is watching or talking about it. Girls had shit ratings but lots of buzz, this has nothing
>>
>>68261226
>black secretary

mad men takes place a decade earlier
>>
>>68262481
>AV club said it was cliched so I will too
Stay pleb
>>
>>68262789
>Girls had lots of buzz
I hate this fucking social media age. A bunch of stuffy cunts and numales love a show and endlessly tweet.

I blame TWD, everyone's watching that instead. Shit timeslot.
>>
>>68262889
no the four episodes I watched before I dropped it informed on that fact.

>1960's artsy party "OH HEY ANDY WARHOL"

gross.
>>
>>68261197
Seriously just stop.
>>
I seem to like it better than my friends, but I also do a lot of cocaine. I'm going to finish out this season and we'll see how it goes. Next season might be completely different with Terrence Winter now fired from the project.
>>
File: BasedRay.jpg (32 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
BasedRay.jpg
32 KB, 300x450
>>68261046
>>
>>68262481
Tell us then the show currently airing that is better than this one? Pro-tip: You can't.
>>
>>68262938
Yes because it is established that she was a part of that scene. The factory scene.
>>
>>68260953
It's a pleb filter show. So you'll hateit if you're a pleb
>>
>>68263236
you're right there aren't really any must watch shows on right now. doesn't make it any less shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
I like it. It's not fantastic or anything but I don't think it deserves the hate it gets here. They could have done without some subplots entirely, and the ones that end didn't really go anywhere. Like what was the point of Richie seeing a ducking ghost for an entire episode.

7/10 imho famalam
>>
>>68263236
The Americans shits on this show
>>
>>68263586
Oh boy I love autocorrect. I even have "ducking" autocorrect to "fucking" in an attempt to have it not fucking do this. Why is life so hard /tv/
>>
>>68263586
>Like what was the point of Richie seeing a ducking ghost for an entire episode
The Ernst episode was GOAT
>>
>>68263868
I mean I liked it, but it was one episode and they only mentioned it one other time after that. It literally went nowhere
>>
>>68260953
Best show currently airing imhbo
>>
>>68263979
It was Richie's first accidental kill. It was one of the reasons he didn't want to tell Devon about his second kill
>>
bump for the sake of patrician discussion
>>
>>68264225
Not to mention it was the reason why his relapse into boozing and doing drugs was such a big deal for Devon. He first swore them off because he caused a close friends death. It forced him to face his inner demons.
>>
>>68263868
Confirmed Ernest episode was one of the better ones

That mafia subplot is going to get distracting though
I just want music industry drama maaaan.
>>
>>68266455
>people don't realize that the mafia was involved in the music biz

Nature of the beast
>>
>>68263111
best part of the show
>>
Yes it's good. Bobby Cannavale is amazing and so is Ray Romano.
>>
File: cover4.png (335 KB, 900x521) Image search: [Google]
cover4.png
335 KB, 900x521
Can't wait to see this fat fuck bite the dust

you know its gonna happen

I think he's either gonna get wacked by gulazo for being such an idiot and loud mouth

or he's gonna take the fall for bucks death after richie squeals on gulazo
>>
>>68260953
Yes
>>
https://youtu.be/ZEGqUKs3xBM

I'm so excited about Clark's storyline potential. This is gonna be an interesting show in the longrun considering all the setup in season 1. Hope the Mafia and crime shit gets resolved quickly though.
>>
>>68267059

funny enough, Bobby always reminded me of Brad Garrett, the way he looks and since he's always a cop. It's funny to see him working side by side with Ray.
>>
>>68260953
It's good. I feel like they didn't really know where they were going with it most of the time though

I certainly think it's better than most television dramas around right now
>>
lets go to Nathan's for a hot dog
>>
>>68261075
and nothing has changed
>>
>>68261075
so, a realistic representation of the state of music then?
>>
>>68268763

the whole episode made me want Nathan's
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.