[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will live long enough to see the full-length film adaptation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (416 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416 KB, 2040x1360
>you will live long enough to see the full-length film adaptation of Kung Fury
>>
Hopefully not.
>>
I hope not
Literally -reddit: the film
>>
can't believe they showed this garbage at cannes
>>
>>68256139
It was shit. I really wanted to like it but it had one good joke,and it was in the trailer.
>>
>making a pastiche of 80's action movies
>you're a millenial who doesn't know anything about 80's action movies

LE DINOUSAURS AND NAZIS XD AM I RIGHT FELLAS WHO'S WITH ME

I hope the people behind this never work again
>>
it was funny but in the same way a retard with down syndrome is funny
>>
>>68256139
You could cut out the last 20 minutes and it would still be too long. The movie blows its load in the first five minuses, and by the time they were time traveling and riding dinosaurs I couldn't have been more bored.
>>
>>68256282
I dunno, the "Yeah...that's my bicep" line made me laugh.

On the whole it tried too hard though. It's like Sharknado in the sense that it's a really calculated kind of bad.
>>
Kung Fury doesn't have a single joke that hasn't been executed better elsewhere.

Turbo Kid, Danger 5 season 2, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, and Hobo with a Shotgun are all better neo-eighties experiences.
>>
>>68256343
I never understood that, people have a weird remembrance of what exploitation films were like.
>>
OverTheTopKino was shit way before Kung Fury was even in production. Just take a look at IronSky only the first scene is good thanks to the music then it's garbage
>>
I know people abuse the shit out of "Literally Reditt", but it really literally is the Reditized version of 80's pastiche created by someone with no real love or passion for the genre.
>>
Kung Fury could've been good, if it hadn't been bad.
>>
>>68257881
It could be good but the problem is that the people doing it are too enamored with the project to be able to cull what's unnecessary
>>
File: 1380506604369.jpg (14 KB, 187x175) Image search: [Google]
1380506604369.jpg
14 KB, 187x175
>>68256139
I loved Kung Fury
>>
>>68256139
It was fucking terrible. Unfunny.
>>
>>68257732
Don't forget Italian spiderman
>>
>>68257555
I cracked up at the Kung Fuhrer but that's about it
>>
>>68256139
Manborg is way better, but not as well known.
>>
Kickstarter campaign for sequel when?
>>
>>68259156

I'm stealing this joke, anon.

>>68257758

Because they don't actually watch antyhing pre-2000, just like in our dank memes. The NEON EVERYWHERE synth-pop aesthetic is itself derivative from Miami Vice, which actually originated it, and everyone who wanted to simulate the 80's just aped that.

If they actually took the time to look at the 80's action movies, they'd know that these thing weren't there at all.

The only thing close to what they are thinking about were Cobra and Commando, and even then Cobra is moody as fuck, even despite the neon-lit city street montages.
>>
>>68256139
this film was shit. Not funny and looked like nothing like 80s schlock
>>
>>68257732
Hobo with a shotgun was pretty damn good for what it was
>>
>>68260369
> looked like nothing like 80s schlock
tell me, how should it look like millenial?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.