[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is season 2 of fargo worth watching what did /tv/ think of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault (29).jpg (525 KB, 2442x1500) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (29).jpg
525 KB, 2442x1500
Is season 2 of fargo worth watching what did /tv/ think of it?
>>
>>68256098
Fuck yeah, it's very good!

Dodd is the shit.
>>
We loved it, except for the deus ex machinas that were used frequently.

Enjoy
>>
fargo is literally the best show on television right now
>>
It's very good. On par with, if not better than, season 1
>>
>>68256098

>Is it worth watching?

Yes.

>What did I think of it?

It was better than Season 1, the only thing I didn`t like was the mystery subplot and it`s conclusion. I think the show would have been better without it.
>>
yes

better than the first but billy bob thornton is still GOAT character
>>
>>68256210
>It was better than Season 1, the only thing I didn`t like was the mystery subplot and it`s conclusion
Do you mean the conclusion of the mystery subplot? Because it seemed to me that it never really did conclude. Like it may be something that trickles over into a third season if we get one.
>>
They blew their load too soon.
>>
>>68256098
Yes, It's great
>>
>>68256098
Just started it, and it's going pretty good. I have no idea where this is going with the alien subplot, but the ending of episode 2 with The Eve of War was the fucking GOAT, shit that gives you chills, mostly because War of the Worlds does that to you, but still.
>>
>>68256098
it's damn good
>>
>>68256253

I don`t wanna go into details to avoid spoilers but the show jumped the shark during the final scenes of episode 9. That scene is what I mean when I say conclusion, because the revelation that we get there is all we get.
>>
>>68256420

>ive never seen a coen brothers movie
>>
>>68256420
Ok I get ya then.
>>
>>68256357
stop posting then, just watch it
>>
Season 2 is coming out on blu ray in 5 days here in Aus just finished Season 1 and really loved it billybob thorton played a wonderful villain all the characters were good to be honest the only thing that threw me off was key and peele.
>>
File: the fire rises.webm (512 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the fire rises.webm
512 KB, 1280x720
>>68256205
>if not better than, season 1
this...
>>
>>68258703
Still can't believe that this guy got killed so easily. Then again Malvo was the real shit.
>>
File: Fargo2 Dodd to the point.jpg (68 KB, 1278x923) Image search: [Google]
Fargo2 Dodd to the point.jpg
68 KB, 1278x923
>>68258703
>>
Season 1 was more in tow with Coen Brothers style, and Season 2 is more of a traditional crime show in terms of general, the only more Coen elements are some charatcters themself and Kirsten Dunst and Jessie Plemmons in particular
>>
File: Fargo ahhh help me sam.jpg (78 KB, 733x547) Image search: [Google]
Fargo ahhh help me sam.jpg
78 KB, 733x547
>>68260312

Such a sad little man.
>>
>>68256098
Imo, Fargo is a one season wonder type of show. I didn't even touch the second season. Never.
>>
AYY LMAO
>>
>>68260441
>I didn't look up or see what Season 2 was but here's why you're not allowed to enjoy it
>>
>>68260473
Is there any explanation so far?
>>
>>68260636
Look at the real history of ufo sightings in the Midwest in the 1970's, and then watch Reagan's crazy ufo speech.
>>
Didn't really like it, lost the fairytale vibe that S1 had and switched out the amazing OST for generic licensed tracks.
>>
File: Noreen-Fargo2.png (791 KB, 458x1585) Image search: [Google]
Noreen-Fargo2.png
791 KB, 458x1585
>>68260816
>lost the fairytale vibe that S1 had
see >>68260473
i think that's why they were there
>>
Season 2 > season 1
>>
>>68256098
ayyyy lmao it is sooooo goood
>>
I preferred season 1 desu.
>>
>>68260901
in ep1 after they showed up it felt that way but it just kind of lost that rather quickly
>>
It's better than season 1 imo.
>>
File: 1436502111995.gif (3 MB, 304x376) Image search: [Google]
1436502111995.gif
3 MB, 304x376
>>68260932
>>68261040
This desu
>>
I'd say it's 95% as good as the first one

The aliens pissed me off and I think they should have left the UFO stuff unexplained. I've read the stuff about post-modern literature but I don't care, it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>68260636
I have my own headcanon that just makes perfect sense, but it seems like the showrunners intended something very different. Anyway, I think the ufo was just backup in the form of a helicopter and everyone who sighted it didn't see what they thought they saw. Here's everyone who sighted the "ufo":

>the kid who gets minced up by Ed, in the first episode, who's high on coke, bleeding to death, probably has adrenaline levels through the roof after committing multiple homicides, sees the balloon shown in the next episode reflecting the neon lights from the diner in the night sky
>Lou, running out of oxygen, his vision partially obscured by Bear's body, sees the underside of the helicopter and possibly a spotlight, misreads this as a ufo.
>Peggy, already established as delusional and prone to hallucination, sees whatever the fuck she wants to see.
>Lou's wife's dad is bleeding to death inside the motel, probably just hanging onto consciousness, unreliable
>Hanzee doesn't see anything, he took some boiling coffee to the face
>Ed remarks "are you seeing this?" probably in reference to a low hovering chopper. He dies shortly after and can't corroborate anything later.
>When Lou later picks up Peggy, the UFO is probably brought up. It's the '70s, midwest ufo sightings are all the rage, it makes sense to Lou, he probably passes it onto ted danson later and they all agree it's a cool story
>It's not just a factually consistent explanation, it's thematically consistent, the entire season references the unreliability of mid-west crime folklore and subjective impressions of individuals, like people speculating on why Hanzee wanted the haircut and shit

This works for me and I'm actually a little pissed off that Hawley has said that the scene showed an actual real live UFO. What was the point of showing babby Molly finding that balloon next to the diner? There's misdirection and then there's being a tool.
>>
>>68256098
It's worth watching but highly overrated.
>>
Dunst/Peggy is godly.
>>
>>68256098
Fargo sucks, argo is the real deal
>>
>>68256162
Was gonna post exactly this. The big one at the end made me so fucking mad. And I guess the one in the first episode.
>>
>>68261488
See, the way I saw it was, they were in the writer's room and they were like, "ok we need a way for him to be distracted enough to get hit by a car." And they figured that it didn't matter *how* he was hit, but that he was. So I think the aliens were a self aware reference to the idea that it doesn't matter how fantastical a driving element is, just that it gets them to the end. So they went with the most absurd thing they could get away with
>>
>>68262640

How is it overrated? Most people I know have been seriously sleeping on Fargo.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.