[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else very dissapointed by this movie? I like Affleck as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: batmanvsuperman-xlarge.jpg (144 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
batmanvsuperman-xlarge.jpg
144 KB, 1280x721
Anyone else very dissapointed by this movie? I like Affleck as an actor, and he was an okay batman at best, but the plot was absolutely terrible. All I could think of when the movie ended was; This would be an entirely different movie if Clark's mother wasn't called Martha
>>
Funny because 300 and Watchmen are Snyder's most reddit movies. True Cinephiles do know that BvS is his best movie and one of the best movies of the decade period. Meme blog critics opinions are worthless, they are shills to the hotpocket trendy culture.
>>
>>68251720
>This would be an entirely different movie if Clark's mother wasn't called Martha

they would have found an equally weak premise to carry that scene forward
>>
Why even post this at this point?
>>
File: 1460529267212.png (1 MB, 1225x879) Image search: [Google]
1460529267212.png
1 MB, 1225x879
>>68251720
This is why I am so happy for Affleck's Batman movie with him being the writer. He delivered an amazing performance in BvS and so I expect him to truly give a Batman movie that all the fans will enjoy.
>>
File: 12423523463467344.jpg (127 KB, 812x496) Image search: [Google]
12423523463467344.jpg
127 KB, 812x496
So why did Lex hate Superman?
>>
>>68251804
Because i just saw it last night
>>
File: 1456191725183.jpg (119 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1456191725183.jpg
119 KB, 500x378
movie was dope and you guys are all going to see the directors edition
>>
File: aKqYrBN_700b_v1.jpg (108 KB, 600x891) Image search: [Google]
aKqYrBN_700b_v1.jpg
108 KB, 600x891
>>
>>68251877
I read comic books and still think it was shit.
>>
>>68251899
Checked
>>
>>68251877
Don't get me wrong, I love Marvel and DC equally, but the movie just lacked a lot of plot. Sure, Snyder makes visually "pretty" movies, but let's be honest, this wasn't his best work..
>>
>>68251877
Dude, normies hate this movie. Comicfags hate it even more.

>9gag

Oh.
>>
>>68251877
THIS. I went into the cinema after reading the plot of Dark Knight Returns and playng the Injustice game and really appreciated it.

If I didnt know anything of the JL, then I am sure I wouldnt have.
>>
>>68251863
>and you guys are all going to see the directors edition

ain't paying for it, that's for sure.
>>
>>68251877

>damn great awesome

Ladies and gentlemen, the average literacy skills of a comic book reader and BvS defender.
>>
File: 1460358561859.png (209 KB, 294x316) Image search: [Google]
1460358561859.png
209 KB, 294x316
>>68251899
>reading comics
>>
>>68251929
Too obvious.
>>
>>68251825
>tfw it's going to show how previous Robin died
>>
>>68251929
I've seen every batman movie and read most of the comics, and sure, the JL introduction in the movie was pretty cool, but other than that, i couldn't care less about it. I mean c'mon, bats meets Clark's mom, and he immediately says " I'm a FRIEND of your son". Calm down there buddy, you've met the guy 10 minutes ago
>>
File: loganwut.png (1 MB, 1017x749) Image search: [Google]
loganwut.png
1 MB, 1017x749
>>68251720
>Anyone else very dissapointed by this movie?
You know you're about 3 weeks late, right?
>>
>>68252033
Like I said, i've just seen it last night, due to a busy schedule i haven't had the chance to go and see it
>>
>>68252024
>have close battle
>have martha moment
>fight with doomsday together
>tasked with saving supermans mother by superman
yeah theyre friends now
>>
>>68252092
IIRC, the doomsday fight happened after he says they're friends, and being tasked with doing something for someone doesn't make you friends.
Also:
>Hates superman for 18 months, for destroying almost an entire city, death of innocents, and vows to stop him

Oh wait your mom's name is Martha too? Oh ok in that case I totally forgive you
>>
>>68252180
>>68252024
its common to say "im friend" even if youre just an acquaintance
>>
>>68251833
He didn't hate him so much as envy him. He stood between Lex and something Lex wanted.
>>
>>68252466
More doubles? Wow
>>
>>68252477
Kek
>>
>Muh Martha

For fucks sake. Don't you idiots get it? Batman didn't spare Superman because their mother shared the same name; he did because he found the humanity in Superman, and realized they were cut from the same cloth.
Jesus Christ I hate common core and the army of idiots it's spawning.
>>
>>68252180
>Hates superman
>for destroying almost an entire city

Actually, there was (yet another) important deleted scene in BvS where Batman goes back to the Batcave and watches his Man of Steel blu-ray, and then goes "Oh, shit, it was the BAD GUYS who destroyed part of Metropolis, not Superman! Those guys on 4chan had it all wrong!" And then they have a big laugh over his mistake.
>>
>>68252520
>Batman didn't spare Superman because their mother shared the same name

Batman literally gets fucking triggered, and yells "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?"

"That name." It was specifically the name "Martha" that gave Batman pause.
>>
>>68252520
Not to mention that in that moment, he saw himself ready to commit murder, not self-defense, not his "war," not snapping in the heat of the moment, cold-blooded murder, which in effect makes him the man at the other end of the gun.
>>
>>68252564
"Pause" being the key word. It was Lois acting as a human shield and trusting him that ultimately stopped him.
>>
>>68252564
Yes, it was the trigger needed to show Batman that Superman was human. Batman was diseased, hence the "fever" Alfred was talking about.
Bruce was conflicted because he was afraid Superman would rip everything away from him. Wasn't that the point of the comic?
>>
>>68252610
Which would never have happened if Superman had said literally anything other than "Martha." His ass would be dead. His life was saved by pure coincidence.
>>
>>68252641
Yeah. Think about that.
>>
>>68252641
Or by Clark doing what we normally think of Bruce as doing - research.
>>
>>68252737
I think it's shitty writing

Surely Batman would have done his research on Clark Kent, and learned that his mother was named Martha
>>
>>68252776
There's literally nothing on Clark Kent.
This is the guy who thrives in writing puff peice editorials. You don't think he couldn't come up with a bullshit, gov sanctioned backstory?
>>
>>68252776
>Surely Batman would have done his research on Clark Kent, and learned that his mother was named Martha

Batman didn't know Superman had a civilian identity all he saw was a dangerous alien creature that needed to be put down.

In the case of this movie Luthor was far more thorough in his research actually stepping over the whole "lol Superman can't be this normal guy it makes no sense!" issue that was in the comics.
>>
>>68252520
Because he has a mother? Because he wants to save her? In the middle of the fight Bruce is speculating about his parents and upbringing, proving that he is in fact not an idiot and therefor realizes Supes has parents, so what changes for him other than the fact that he is told her name?
>>
>>68252841
I don't understand what you're getting at. I think you're over thinking this shit.
Relax, take a drink of water, breath.
>>
>>68252776
Obsessed Bruce is also tunnel-visioned Bruce. Not to mention the number of times people call bullshit on prep time to begin with. He's tracking kryptonite, playing espionage agent, getting back into shape, designing his Supesbuster suit with Alfred, planning a hijacking, planning a heist, devising kryptonite weaponry, and analyzing footage of Supes to look for any weaknesses to exploit(like the sonics).
>>
>>68252896
Sorry, forgot I needed to turn my brain off to properly enjoy capekino.
>>
File: 382438.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
382438.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
He's perfectly fine with blowing people up with his bat plane and crushing them with cars. So why doesn't he just use guns all the time? Could have saved himself a lot of time in that warehouse scene if he just shot them all.
>>
>>68252818
>There's literally nothing on Clark Kent.

Well, duh, he's a nobody

But Bruce would still probably look over his file and be like "oh, what a coincidence, his mother is also named Martha."

Then when Superman said "Save Martha," instead of just having a mental breakdown, Batman would easily be able to put 2 and 2 together, deduce Superman's identity, throw the spear down, and help Superman up. Would have been much better than what we got.
>>
>>68253028
Well you're right when discussing Marvel. (I mean come the fuck on man the Iron Man movies and Avengers are pretty much the same shit) but this movie is different. It's for people who like to fill in the blanks.
I'm not saying it's highly intellectual cinema, but if you're a shitter who enjoyed The Shit Awakens then fuck right off shill.
That movie is the epitome of "turn your brain off cinema".
>>
>>68251720

I just hated Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Completely out of place.
>>
>>68253094
So what would you have? Bruce kill Clark in a post-modernism piece of absolute wannabe kino shit? Come the fuck on. It's a super hero movie.
I blame Di$ney for making capeshit hyper-realistic.
>>
>>68253155
I'm waiting to see if his outward personality changes moving ahead. I'm of the opinion that "quirky millennial Lex" was entirely on act on his part and that he'll gradually become his father.

I honestly think that's part of the disconnect here. Standard cape plots have typically all revolved around one pivotal moment of epiphany in lieu of allowing characters to evolved slowly over time. I don't know for sure that's where DC is going with this, but I hope so.
>>
>>68253238

>I'm of the opinion that "quirky millennial Lex" was entirely on act on his part and that he'll gradually become his father.

Guys seriously, Lex's father, Lex Luthor Senior, has NOTHING to do with Superman he died years before Superman even appeared, he's not "the original", Jesse's character is just named for him as Lex Luthor Junior, and he is the antagonist Lex Luthor that hates Superman.

Again, his father has nothing to do with Superman, this is like waiting for the REAL Lois Lane with black hair to show up.
>>
>>68253360
I never said that he did, just that his personality sounds like it's radically different. Self-made man that grew up in East Germany who according to his son didn't shy away from the fists? Sounds like a bit of a hardass.

If there's any truth to what Lex said, abused children do have a tendency of becoming their parents.
>>
>>68251720
>>68251778
>le I didn't get it so I'm gonna shitpost about martha
the scene obviously flew over your heads
>>
>>68253796

OK cool, just sick of people saying Jesse's Luthor isn't the real one, that his father is.
>>
>>68251720
>I like Affleck as an actor
stopped right there
>>
>>68251833
Because Lex hated how people treated Superman as a god and thought he was undeserving of it. Lex had all the knowledge but he had none of the power because of Superman making his appearance to the world.
>>
>>68251720
I like it. Looking forward to the ultimate edition.

>>68251778
I'm sure Batman would have questioned who he was supposed to rescue, regardless of name.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.