[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We talk about the most consistent actor alive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: GodAmongMen.jpg (103 KB, 785x1033) Image search: [Google]
GodAmongMen.jpg
103 KB, 785x1033
>No bad roles the past decade
>Generally almost no bad roles ever, maybe due to handpicking them every 5 years or whatever
>True patrician
What is the next movie you want to see him in, and what role would he play?
>Hardcore mode: No capeshit, no vidyashit, no millenial shit.
>>
>>68251304

I want to be cultured but I was honestly bored as shit the entire duration of There Will Be Blood
>>
John Joel Glanton in a Blood Meridian Adaptation.
>>
>>68251328
this but it was Lincoln for me
>>
>>68251328
>Watching there will be blood to become cultured
That movie should only be watched as a PSA about trainwreck character writing
>>
I think my favorite of his movies is There Will Be Blood, but my favorite of his characters is definitely Bill Cutting. He was by far the best part of that movie
>>
I have pretty pleb tastes in movies, and slice of life movies like TWBB normally pass my by, but his acting makes that film amazing, I don't even know why I love it, I can just watch it over and over.
>>
>>68251304
Weekend at Benedict's
>Daniel Day Lewis and Robert Downey Jr. are invited to a party at Benedict Cumberbatch's house where dozens of Hollywood celebs are going to turn up .
>When they arrive early they accidentally kill him and have to operate him like a puppet to avoid people knowing.

>When Alejandro Inarritu offers Benedict the star role in his new Korean War epic. They have to operate him for the movie. His amazing performance gets him an Oscar.
Both Lewis and RDJ win real life Oscars for this movie.
>>
>>68251368
Can you explain why you thought it was bad?
>>
>>68251384
I'll have to agree partly, he did steal every single scene he shared with Dicprio
In my opinion though, "My left foot" is his best performance.
>>
>>68251482
bravo
>>
>>68251304
thats not vig
>>
>>68251384
I'll have to agree partly, he did steal every single scene he shared with Dicaprio
In my opinion though, "My left foot" is his best performance.
>>
>>68251622
Just got Eastern promises, should i expect something as good as in HoV or The Road?
>>
>>68251304
I want him to play Erwin Rommel
>>
>>68251622
But Hidalgo...
>>
Morrissey
>>
>>68252009
They look alike.
>>
>>68251304

Thats not Gary Oldman.

You actually have to make movies to be consistent.
>>
>>68251304
He was great in Gandhi
>>
>>68251482
That actually sounds like a genius idea for a movie. Downey seems like the kind of guy who'd be cool enough with making fun of himself to do it, Inarritu actually seems pretty cool too despite making pretentious movies. The idea of Lewis being such a good actor that he can puppet an oscar worthy performance is great.
>>
File: 1459461331554.jpg (37 KB, 393x450) Image search: [Google]
1459461331554.jpg
37 KB, 393x450
>>68253089
>>
>>68251328
Friendly reminder that "boring" is not a valid critique of a film
>>
>>68251347
Nah, he should be the judge. Just have him shave his hair and eyebrows and put on some weight.
>>
>Day-Lewis returned to the stage in 1989 to work with Richard Eyre, in Hamlet at the National Theatre, London, but collapsed during the scene where the ghost of Hamlet's father appears before him.[17] He began sobbing uncontrollably and refused to go back on stage; he was replaced by Jeremy Northam who finished the performance word-and-action-perfect and received a standing ovation. Ian Charleson then formally replaced Day-Lewis for the rest of the run, except that ill-health forced Northam to stand in again many times. Although the incident was officially attributed to exhaustion, Day-Lewis later claimed to have seen the ghost of his own father.[17][25] He has not appeared on stage since. The media attention following his breakdown on-stage contributed to his decision to eventually move from England to Ireland in the mid-1990s to regain a sense of privacy amidst his increasing fame.[26]

lol what a reddit actor
>>
>>68253289
It absolutely is
>>
>>68251304
>"Shortly after winning the Oscar, he announced he would be taking a break from acting, feeling it would be difficult to top his performance in Lincoln."
>>
>>68254567
deepest lore
>>
>>68254627
He'll be back soon enough to BTFO every other actor during awards season
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.