[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Michael Bay and Zack Snyder both make gratuitous action movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: transformers-explosion.jpg (445 KB, 1190x743) Image search: [Google]
transformers-explosion.jpg
445 KB, 1190x743
Michael Bay and Zack Snyder both make gratuitous action movies for teenage boys.

The only difference is that Michael Bay is honest about it.
>>
I dont understand. Are you saying there is a moral high ground for action movies and marvel are it?
>>
>>68249814
He didn't even mention Marvel
>>
>>68249835
I think its very much implied and only an idiot would think otherwise
>>
>>68249855
OP here, not implied at all. Most Marvel movies are mediocre fluff.
>>
File: 1459630430963.gif (3 MB, 375x166) Image search: [Google]
1459630430963.gif
3 MB, 375x166
>>68249855
>implying
>>
>>68249855
Op is talking about directors not film companies, idiot.
>>
File: baby_crying_closeup.jpg (5 KB, 300x193) Image search: [Google]
baby_crying_closeup.jpg
5 KB, 300x193
>>68249779
>waaaahh I don't like the thing!
>muh opinion!!
>>
>>68249876
I agree and most of Bay movies dont deserve to be mentioned with the scum of capeshit.
>>
>>68249906
Literally "nothing: the argument"
>>
>>68249779
Difference is bay is conservative and Snyder is liberal
>>
>>68249944
>Snyder is a liberal
How do you figure? I figure suckerpunch is a solid argument against that
>>
>>68249967
He doesn't, he's just baiting.
>>
>>68249779
Batman v Superman is no way an action film.

It is a political intense thriller with a dose of action. My problem with the movie is that it took so long until Bruce put on his Batman outfit.

I am sure majority went to the theatre to see Batman fight Superman and for that they were disappointed.

BvS isn't such a bad movie if you think of it the way I said it is. Snyder did what JJ should have done with Force Awakens: have a lot more backstory and politics rather than action scene after action scene.
>>
>>68249967
Suckerpunch was supposed to be his feminist action movie with strong powerful females overcoming male violence.

It didn't come out that way, but that was the intent. It's like Snyder has all these crazy ideas for movies but has zero ability to make it happen on screen. It comes out the opposite
>>
>>68250004
In fairness to DC it was Batman V Superman not Batman VS Superman.
V like a court case
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
>>68249779
>both make gratuitous action movies for teenage boys.

There's barely any action in Bay's films.

Look at Transformers. They're mostly composed of poorly conceived human subplots.
>>
>>68249967
His movies are full of queer aesthetics and his last one was literally an anti-xenophobia manifesto
>>
>>68250075
Truly a Kinomaster, shrouding his mentors in such a way as to protect their image as well as elevate him as a man of needs in terms of inspiration.
>>
File: BASED_BAY.png (392 KB, 621x856) Image search: [Google]
BASED_BAY.png
392 KB, 621x856
Michael Bay's Name Pushed Paramount To Settle Injured Extra's ‘Transformers 3’ Lawsuit

>A source tells Deadline that the lawsuit filed in October 2010 would have gone on longer if Michael Bay’s name hadn’t been thrown into the legal mix. But the possibility that the director and his Platinum Dunes production company suddenly were to be pulled in as defendants apparently lit a fire under Paramount to speed a settlement.

http://deadline.com/2012/05/michael-bays-name-helped-speed-paramount-settlement-of-injured-extras-transformers-3-lawsuit-277222/

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?7772-Reports-Woman-hurt-on-TF3-set/page5

>I'm glad the woman is fine but i'm sure the so-called brain injuries aren't forever.
>Having open Brain surgery is not necessarily a bad thing depending on what has actually happened.
>$50000 ain't bad, but why sue? they already apologized and provided funds for her medical expense. im glad its some crazy amount she suing for.
>ya know i hope she makes a full recovery, and that paramount takes care of her, but if paramounts willing to care for her pay her bills and what not, why does she have to sue right this second! I could see if there is gonna be permenant brain damage, that she sue, but really this sounds like her family is just greddy as hell! They probaly figure that paramount will just settle asap!
>>
>>68250075
Christ even the bottom of the barrel directors have some form of influence movie or not, fucking hell

>S-Star Wars!

fucking
>>
File: 1445221607162.gif (985 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1445221607162.gif
985 KB, 500x714
>>68250075
>This is the man DC thought could stop the Marvel money train

I know his wife is the producer or whatever, but fucking hell. This is supposed to be the creative genius leading this project?
>>
>>68250004
So it's a political thriller directed by a guy who only knows how to make superficial action movies and your biggest complaint is that there isn't enough Batman in it.
>>
File: 1435141992097.jpg (8 KB, 220x310) Image search: [Google]
1435141992097.jpg
8 KB, 220x310
>>68250004
>JJ should have done with Force Awakens: have a lot more backstory and politics rather than action scene after action scene.
So he should've made The Phantom Menace? I don't know whether to laugh or vomit, this fucking DCuck delusion has gone too far now.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.