[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else feeling a little weirded out at this point? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: CvLBvS.jpg (215 KB, 1028x896) Image search: [Google]
CvLBvS.jpg
215 KB, 1028x896
Is anyone else feeling a little weirded out at this point?

I mean this doesn't even feel real anymore, more like a black comedy or something. Like this whole situation is just one big cosmic joke.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Marvel made an alright movie and all, but things can NOT be this lopsided. They just can't. The odds are astronomically improbable.

DC can't be this bad at making movies and Marvel can't be this good.

It's just... this is incredibly fucking surreal.
>>
>>68245764
Disney conspiracy
>>
>>68245764
They're buying reviews, can't tell you how I know

https://es.scribd.com/doc/308457900/Tweet-List
>>
>It's still at 100
Top fucking kek
>>
>>68245792
Pls stop posting this autistic meme list.
>>
>>68245792
Is this a dank new meme?
>>
in 20 years we will look back at the MCU like we look back at the 90s batman movies or the 70s superman

DCU is timeless because Kino is timeless. MCU will be short lived because memes are short lived
>>
>>68245804
they only showed the film to a select small audience of critics. there won't be anymore reviews until it's closer to release or at release.
>>
>>68245868
Kino is meme, Dc is Kino. memes are short lived, therefore DC is short lived.
>>
Did a bunch of you fucking losers read comics or something growing up? Why do you faggots even know the difference between DC and Marvel

I've watched a few of these superhero movies and they are the same shit. I just cannot understand peoples obsession with this trash. Fuck off
>>
File: merchant-628x356[1].png (118 KB, 628x356) Image search: [Google]
merchant-628x356[1].png
118 KB, 628x356
>>68245814
t. Disney executive
>>
>>68245916

Maybe you should stop being a joyless faggot.
>>
I don't think DC movies are that bad and Marvel movies are not that good minus a few, it just seems that it's memetic at this point just to shit on DC and awe at Marvel. BvS was definitely better than Iron Man 2 or 3.
>>
>>68245764

Warner executives are idiots. They forced Snyder to go all out in a single movie without the proper setup and with a lousy script by Goyer. He is also good at adapting comic book scenes, but not at telling stories without strict supervision. All of this combined wasted the potential of the subject. Not everything is going bad however. The negative reception of BvS was crucial for a Batfleck without the Snyder and Goyer duo.
>>
>>68245948
I like things. I even enjoy some shitty movies. Not shat out rehashed movies about guys with SUPER POWERS YEAHHH!!!!

It's incredibly childish
>>
>>68245764
jesus who gives a fuck? it's fucking capeshit
>>
>>68245792

So what am I looking at here?
>>
>>68245948

He's rolling burgers all the day. It's enough to sap all the joy from a human being.
>>
>>68246039

typical /pol/fag doing detective work
>>
>>68246039
A DCuck copy-pasted a bunch of Twitter handles and claims they're bought by Disney.

Without proof, of course.
>>
>Out of 15 reviewers, 15 of them liked it.

Yeah sample size is small so 100% is normal. Once more reviews come in it prob be like 85%
>>
>>68245764
It's pretty funny to me that DC has by default the two most iconic fictional characters of all time outside of maybe Mickey Mouse, and just keeps fucking up.

Meanwhile Marvel studios gets Jewed out of their most popular character, Spider-Man and the X-Men, and instead has to rely on more unknown characters to the general audience like Iron Man, and just hit home runs constantly.

How can you be so shitty that you get dealt a full house and still somehow loose all your chips to the guy down the table with a pair?
>>
>>68245961

BvS was better than the entire MCU except maybe Memes Of The Galaxy.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>go to the theatre to see capekino
>"I'd like one ticket to BvS please"
>Attendant gets nervous and starts looking around the room
>"You said one ticket to Zootopia right?"
>"What? No. I want to see capekino not zookino. BvS."
>"Okay here's your Zootopia ticket have a nice day"
>"What the fuck man? Where's your manager?"
>He starts looking back to a big guy in a mickey mouse shirt. The man nods.
>"S-sorry sir are you aware that Batman versus Superman has a 28% on rotten tomatoes?"
>Suddenly the big guy is behind me and taps me on the shoulder, pointing towards the door.
>As I leave I notice 5 more big guys in mickey mouse shirts watching me
>>
>>68245764
DISNEY
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (41 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
41 KB, 569x428
>>68245764
It's pretty funny I'll admit. Watching the fallout over this on /co/ and /tv/ is great. But, it's not that surprising. Civil War is a sequel to The Winter Solider and it's written and directed by the same people. TWS is critically acclaimed and well liked by audiences. I've even see people who don't like capeshit or the MCU admit TWS is good. On the other hand Batman v Superman is a sequel to Man of Steel. It's also written and directed by the same people. Critics and audiences were pretty divided on MoS. Posting about MoS is a sure fire way to start an argument and meme shitposting.

Is it so surprising that BvS is treated like a MoS 2 and CW is treated like a TWS 2? Sure, the RT scores are more extreme than I thought they'd be. I expected CW to be in the 80s and BvS to be in the 40-50s. But still, it's not surprising at all.
>>
>>68245764
look at the reviews for ultron
i mean that movie was complete trash

like worse than both MoS and BvS
>>
>>68247020
you know this is a lie because big guys never look directly at beta cucks.
>>
File: 1454150376208.jpg (148 KB, 1440x1397) Image search: [Google]
1454150376208.jpg
148 KB, 1440x1397
>>68245792
>le greedy jew list.
Plz KYS cuck
>>
>>68245764

critics dont engage in any actual critique or critical thought

there are two kinds of critics

some simply look at the film and judge it according to how 'auteurs' (like the academy) recognize it; ignoring actual merits or flaws of a film and essentially simply rating it based on pedigree.

the other type, and the vast majority of critics, simply gauge public perception of the film and align their review with that opinion as to appease as many readers as possible and keep ad revenue flowing from their glorified blog.

there are occasionally times when the latter will switch to the former, because even these nobody critics still want to maintain an image that they arent total plebs. Examples of this would be like the transformers films, where they are critically condemned by nearly all critics, despite being enjoyed by the masses.
>>
>>68247051
Speak english you fucking cunt
>>
>>68247094
Or Iron Man 2....which has a pretty similar "audience liked it" score, but has a 72% critic rating compared to a 28%...same with The Incredible Hulk. Both Thor movies, Cap 1 and Iron Man 3 have slightly better audience scores, but not significantly better. Yet the critic ratings are all massive in comparison

I am not saying that Batman V Superman is good. It's not. But Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2 and 3, Cap 1 and both Thor films were not good either.
>>
File: 1450918212619.jpg (15 KB, 244x255) Image search: [Google]
1450918212619.jpg
15 KB, 244x255
>>68247020
You know, they were only being big guys for you.
>>
File: 2mgr32c.png (173 KB, 506x356) Image search: [Google]
2mgr32c.png
173 KB, 506x356
>>68247245
¿Que?
>>
>>68245764
I stopped caring about Marvel flicks after the Avengers, and even that wasn't that great the second time around (Spidey might draw me back though depending on how they handle him in his solo movie).

DC's been a bit of a mixed bag but they're at least more ambitious with their stories so even their failures are interesting to watch and dissect.
>>
>>68247170
>heroin with an E
ew
>>
>>68246705
nah It will hit low %90
maybe even 97
>>
>>68246835
You must really like hamfisted cameos DCKEK
>>
>>68247239
>Examples of this would be like the transformers films, where they are critically condemned by nearly all critics, despite being enjoyed by the masses.

>the vast majority of critics, simply gauge public perception of the film and align their review with that opinion

This absolutely make sense
>>
>>68247356
90% seems like a safe bet.
>>
I don't see why anybody who's been to the movies in the last ten years and has any sense could possibly be surprised by any of this.

Are people only pretending to be this out of touch because of maymays?
>>
rotten tomatoes is a weird system because it just tallies up if people liked or didn't like it, not how much they liked or didn't like it.

so if everyone is like 'eh it's ok' about a movie it can get 100%, and if everyone is like 'it's has some good things but is ultimately flawed' it can get 0%
>>
>>68245764
Image should be updated.

15/15 Fresh now.
>>
>>68247263
what i wonder is why you keep comparing DC and marvel movies.
every movie should stand on their own, and BvS had an awful script and editing, i don't give a fuck about the comic (and i know the source material) but i am watching a movie, and as one it fails in many levels.
you should analize every movie on their own right, but comparing everything with everything "just because is capeshit" is just stupid.
>>
>>68245764
I'm baked and this shit is like a Twilight zone episode. Everybody hated it, except me and everybody is brainwashed except me.
>>
File: Batman newspaper.png (423 KB, 586x651) Image search: [Google]
Batman newspaper.png
423 KB, 586x651
>>68245764
Marvel knows that superheroes at their core should be fun to watch. Their movies have heart, humor, and great action. Sometimes you get a talented director like Nolan who can elevate the material, but otherwise attempts to make it DEEP, especially by people like Snyder who can't tell a story with a damn, come off as immature and pretentious.
>>
The bar for superhero movies is low. Very very low. Even Ant-man cleared it.
That BvS couldn't clear it is the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>68247379

your reading skills must be as bad as your writing
>>
>>68245987
Why is it childish? Do you think back in ancient Rome you would be called a faggot and childish for reading Hercules because SUPERPOWERS YEAH!
>>
Zack Snyder.

Look at his career. Think of it as a Snyder movie first and foremost and you see this is all not unusual
>>
>>68247492
>I'm baked
Yeah go back to bed degenerate you're wasting everybodys time
>Muh everyones brainwashed because I think differently because I destroy muh braincells and get cancer slowly kekeke so original and not at all a contrarian who thinks he's enlightened because of less braincells
Fuck back to fucksville sonny jim.
>>
>>68247515
I like Ant-Man, though.
>>
>>68245764

I'm not a "DCuck".

I'm not a "Marveldrone".

I like both Marvel and DC when they make good movies.

BUT

If you take Rotten Tomatoes seriously, you're fucking retarded.

Imdb? Alright.

Metacritic? Sure no problem.

But RT? Go fuck yourself.

They're the most comically incompetent "reviewers" more like shills you can find on the internet. They're YT tier. They're reddit. They're RLM tier.
In short, they suck dicks.
>>
>>68247610
Weeeoow lad, calm down I'm JUST having some fun?
>>
>>68245764
Dude...you do realize this shit started around '95, it slowly gathered momentum until it reached its peak in 2000, not it's still riding the wave. Stop being all surprised about this shit.
But since everything moves in waves, things will turn around...eventually.
>>
File: wowwee.png (52 KB, 429x256) Image search: [Google]
wowwee.png
52 KB, 429x256
>>68247659
Still shit on Metacritic anon
RT is still inline with the general critic opinion of the movie
>>
>Civil War: average score of 14 reviews

>BvS: average score of over 300 reviews

Jesus, I thought /tv/ was joking but you guys really don't understand how RT works, do you?
>>
>>68247748
The Score was low for BvS when it came out shut up
>>
>>68247659

Spotted the retard.
>>
>>68247659
>>Imdb? Alright.
opinion discarded
>>
>2016
>people still don't understand rotten tomatoes scores
It's got an average of 8.8/10. When more reviews come out, it'll be around 8/10. That seems a fair score, nothing crazy.
>>
>>68247745
Except their critics actually explain why they didn't like the movie.
90% of the "reviews" on RT shit on the film because "it's not fun". That's not criticism.
>>
>>68247094
Age of ultron wasn't good, but it wasn't completely broken.

Bvs suffers from serious issues like the abysmal script, the messy editing, the inconsistent tone and theme throughout, and the myriad of issues with the plot and narrative.

Honestly if you can't see why critics panned bvs you're probably beyond hope.
>>
>>68247771
Yeah, I know

I'm just saying that the score for Civil War is so high because they've only averaged a handful of reviews.

While it may not sink to BvS levels, it won't stay at 100% once more reviews come in.
>>
>>68247497
How can a corporate masturbation have heart?
And really, saying that the action is anything but mediocre, is like saying you never watched an action movie before this.
>>
>>68247515
Ant man is a completely serviceable movie, it's not amazing, but it at least functions
>>
>>68247828
If it dipped below 90 I'd be surprised.
>>
>>68247828
Obviously not retard

That said 15 first reviews shows how it's gonna end up. Civil War will stay in the 90s, a very good score, while BvS is at 28 % and STILL dropping
>>
>>68245764
It's 8.8/10 vs. 5/10.

It's not that big a gap
>>
>>68247862
I liked that they did a broken family that didn't show as it being completely shitty.

Like, the mom remarried(or was at least dating) someone else, but the new guy isn't a complete dickwad and actually cares about his wife/gf and her daughter. Scott is irresponsible, but still cares about his daughter, and the mom isn't a complete bitch, pointless child support notwithstanding.

And they don't back together at the end, but they're still a functional family, and even the dad and step-dad get along fine.
>>
File: 1434899302754.jpg (658 KB, 2000x3871) Image search: [Google]
1434899302754.jpg
658 KB, 2000x3871
>>
>>68245916
The point is why is one being praised as a masterpiece and the other as trash when they are the same shit
>>
>>68245916
Are you kidding me? Everyone knows the difference between DC and Marvel.
>>
>>68247952
Nah, I think Civil War will settle in the High 70s or mid 80s tops.

It'll still blow BvS out of the water though, not because of "quips" or "fun" but because it's unpretentious. Snyder's just to full of himself and it shows.

Suicide Squad will be DC's break out hit this year.
>>
>>68247356
93% is my guess
>>
>>68245764
>RUSSOS VS SNYDER
>>
>>68245764

BvS was a mess of a film that was rushed through production to try and jumpstart a DC cinematic universe and for some reason people think that it is shocking that it isn't all that good. Meanwhile the 13th film in a now incredibly slick and well established blockbuster printing machine that serves as a payoff to a few existing multi-film storylines turns out to be pretty well executed, what's fucking shocker.

Must be some kind of reptilian conspiracy as to why people like these well planned out marvel films instead of these rushed "oh shit we need to put out something" DC films.
>>
>>68246795
That was a very good analogy anon
I'm going to steal it and use it
>>
I just hope it's good. When I walked out of BvS the theatre fucking charged me the early exit fee. They also charged interest when I pre order good seats now. This is why we pirate Hollywood, get with the program
>>
>>68248323
My theatre charges extra to sit in the snacking section now. Fucking ridiculous bro
>>
>>68247416

Being up to date and aware of social trends is reddit
>>
>>68248133
He's right, actually. People don't give a shit about brand.
>>
>>68248372
Mhm, no, just no.
Batman/Superman = DC.
Hulk/Spidey = Marvel.
Even kids know this.
>>
Imagine if Civil War was released right after Iron Man 1. What would the response be? Batman vs Superman had no build up and the director is a hack.
>>
>>68246795
Part of what Marvel's unknown/undeveloped properties have going for them is a lack of baggage.

Spider Man will have the unfortunate reality of three reboots to contend with, though.
>>
>>68245907
This guy knows what's up
>>
>>68248416
>I know it so everyone knows it
>>
>>68245764
It's hardly surprising. People tend to forget that Marvel is now owned by DISNEY, which has over 90 YEARS of experience putting out family-friendly flicks that are accessible to the widest possible demographic with the least amount of investment.

Basically, they know what sells to kids (flashy action and colorful costumes), adults and critics (quips and banter), most of whom don't give a shit about the source material and aren't looking for anything innovative from their superhero films.

I'm not even disagreeing with them because it's a sound business plan from any angle.
>>
>>68248785
Yeah but that doesn't explain why WB is so shit at it
>>
>>68248846
Because they're still under the misguided belief that superhero films can be true cinema (I'm not even memeing here). It's an admirable goal, if impractical when you're trying to create a shared film moneymaking franchise.
>>
File: 1460355943470.jpg (89 KB, 807x681) Image search: [Google]
1460355943470.jpg
89 KB, 807x681
>>68248846
Because Zack Snyder is the guy in charge.
Which would be bad enough if he didn't also write the scripts together with David S. Goyer.

Snyder is a fine visual filmmaker, but he's absolutely crap at telling a character driven story.
He does okay when he can work off a pre-existing template like Watchmen or 300, but whenever he calls the shots in the story department, you'll get something akin to Sucker Punch.
Lets not lie to us here, deep down we knew BvS wasn't going to be good.
I'm sure Suicide Squad will be way better, even though it will be tainted through association with the Snyderverse.
>>
>>68249067
This.

Snyder cares more about the storyboard than the script. Which is fine for something like 300, where the storyboard IS the script, but left to his own devices what you get is a handful of stunning trailer shots strung together with a weak story and unmotivated performances.
>>
>>68247845
>corporate masturbation
You only say this because "muh Disney"

The people in charge of Marvel movies DO understand the characters. They know what they represent and how they should be portrayed.

Doesn't matter if Disney is bank rolling everything, if these people know what they are doing, it won't fail.

On the other hand, Snyder is given all the freedom and he doesn't understand the characters at all. He inserts jesus references into Superman and makes him brooding and reluctant. Meanwhile, Batman is just "cool as fuck. Kill people. Be cool."

Having that creative freedom is what backfired.

You'll understand once you see Spider-man done by Marvel, these people KNOW their characters, and why people like them in the first place.
>>
>>68249067
>David S. Goyer
I'm still wondering how the Nolan films turned out as good as they did despite his involvement. I mean, this is the guy to did Blade 3 for crying out loud.
>>
>>68249403
*that did
>>
>>68247420
it isn't really a weird system, more like the only feasible system since so many reviewers don't give a score at all.
>>
File: le not an argument man.jpg (73 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
le not an argument man.jpg
73 KB, 1920x1080
>I will be giving this film a poor score as it is not fun
>>
>>68249403
I know I'm going out on an unpopular limb here, but the Nolan Batman movies don't hold up that well on re-watching mostly because of the scripting/plot.

Nolan did a good job of creating a Batman that was a near 180 in tone and visuals from the Burton/Schumacher movies, which were live-action cartoons, and he's really goid at directing performances, but once you get past that and focus on the meat of the stories things start to get shakey.
>>
MARTHA?
>>
>>68249534
JAMES?
>>
>>68245764
maybe if fucking DC took their time setting up their fucking universe the fucking movie wouldn't be such a fucking clusterfuck you retarded fuck.
>you know what would be a great idea? fucking lets shove in almost every DC character in the fucking film with literally no background. they're just there because our next movie is fucking justice league
what the fuck is WB thinking?
its seriously hard to even defend DC at this point. they are fucking desperate for that marvel money
>>
>>68245764
Maybe you should photoshop it into what you think it should look like. I hear it's therapeutic.
>>
>>68245764
this shit happens all the time. stop pretending that popularity is proportional to quality.
>>
>>68248172

Why do DC fags always say "Just wit till the next one, it will be the good one"?
>>
>>68245764
Come on, IGN gave it 7.8. This means that the real score is about 4-5/10.
>>
>>68249772
Because this time it's all going to come together man, it's all going to come together.
>>68249800
But 7.8 is basically an 8.
>>
>>68249772
I wouldn't know, I'm not big on brand Wars.
>>
>>68245764
>DC can't be this bad

I'll just leave this here
>>
>>68249800
The guy who did the IGN review is a renown DCfriend. He gave Man of Steel a 9/10 for crying out loud. I think the fact that the worst he could come up with is "good, not perfect" shows just how good the movie actually is.
>>
>>68245764
There are a lot of really dumb people in the world, and the hivemind of the mentally challenged is a potent force indeed. All these special snowflake participation-trophy retards that have been told how "smart and exceptional" they are recoil in shock the moment their oh-so-precious preconceptions are challenged, lashing out blindly with pudgy, buttery digits in a desperate bid to rid themselves of this noisome buzzing at their ears proclaiming:

My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all. They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to.
>>
>>68249403
Goyer was out after Batman Begins, he only wrote the outline of TDK but that movie was Nolan himself with his brother Jonathan
>>
>>68247807
>, but it wasn't completely broken.

it was, nothing mattered, the villian was so shit that it was quiping during most of it, etc
>>
>>68247659
>Imdb? Alright.

with all those 1s and 10s spammer?

Fuckwit retard is what you are, numbnuts.
>>
>>68249873
>the roll hangs under
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>68245764
BvS deserves at least a 55% rating.
>>
>>68250002
I agree with this

BvS wasn't good but anyone who seriously thinks Ultron was any better is fucking delusional.
>>
>>68250019
This is not the rating they deserve, but the one they need.
>>
>>68249348
>They know what they represent and how they should be portrayed.

then why are most characters basically Deadpool then?

War Machine is always telling jokes in the movies while in the comics they tell jokes about him being too serious as a character.

Ultron was Tony Stark instead of a killer robot, etc.

the only peopple that think that they get the characters right are not really familiar with the characters

Tony Stark was never alcoholic, Cap never fought nazis and Hittler, Hawkeye is bland as fuck, Bruce Banner is filler, Thor is too dumb and comedic
>>
File: cinematokino.jpg (75 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
cinematokino.jpg
75 KB, 960x600
>>68248267
>>
>>68250019
Maybe if the Directors cut removes the Hamfisted cameos..
>>
>>68250110
looking at this, at least batman v superman has some sort of a style
>>
>>68250136
>implying it doesn't add Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Lobo
>>
>>68250136
>Directors cut
>another 30 minutes
BvS:DoJ DC will be even more chaotic mess.
>>
>>68250136
Those hamfisted cameos are an integral part of the plot. People just need their hand held to see it.

You can argue their placement if you like, but they were always a part of Lex's hoped-for "Final Form."
>>
>>68245764

the real difference is that nobody knows or cares about Marvel characters, people don't have expectations.

So they can do whatever and people will eat it up, just like Fast and the Furious.

while DC has too much nostalgia for Christopher Reeve, Bruce Timm, Michael Keaton, etc.

People already made themselves a picture on their heads about how DC characters should act.

So if you add a new element like a existential superman or a batman that doesn't give a shit about criminals safety, people flip the fuck out.

I guess that DC characters are too iconic for their own good
>>
BvS was Daredevil tier, maybe a 2.5/10 if I'm generous.

Civil War might land on a 5.5/10, maybe 6/10.

Since plebs rate flicks too high, you will ser something similar to OPs pic.
>>
>>68250173
I'm just gonna cut it out before I show my friends they will never have to know the cameos were there ;)
>>
>>68250159
thats the only fucking thing BvS has
still doesn't take away how fucking shitty the script is
>>
>>68250219
>if you add a new element like a existential superman
Existential =/= whiny, edgy balding faggot.
>>
>>68250110
Comparing these movies side by side makes Civil War like absolute kiddy shit.
>>
>>68250231
>I'm just gonna cut it out before I show my friends

this is what people without talents to improve do in their free time?

I wish I didnt choose the live of an artists so I can do pointless shit and be happy about it
>>
File: gaza.jpg (34 KB, 262x576) Image search: [Google]
gaza.jpg
34 KB, 262x576
>>
>>68250160
>implying it doesn't add Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Lobo
The fuck would lobo even be doing..
>>68250211
I bet you If I cut it from the Directors cut the movie will be %5 less retarded aswell as most of the desert scene
>>
>>68248078

pure kino
>>
>>68250251

well, it is.

in a ''make it cheap! stupid kids won't notice!'' kind of kiddy
>>
>>68250019
That- that's not how rotten tomatoes works. How are there adult humans on this site who still don't know how rotten tomatoes works?
>>
>>68247659
ok level bait
>>
>>68250243

this is not /v/, wrong board, mate
>>
>>68250019
>72% of critics shouldn't have hated it, only 45% should hate
It already has a 5/10 score. RT score is dumb, stop looking at it.
>>
File: lobo.jpg (151 KB, 819x976) Image search: [Google]
lobo.jpg
151 KB, 819x976
>>68250267
>The fuck would lobo even be doing..
Crying.
>>
>>68250267
>The fuck would lobo even be doing
Something super-funny because that's the direction they're trying to take now. The cut will be R rated because it shows Lobo scratching his lobos.
>>
>>68250266
>muh domestic
want to know how I know youre a disney shill
>>
>>68250254
You don't recut movies so they are better? why do your friends even come to your house to watch movies on your big TV and have a couple of Beers
>>
>>68250294

the director of Deadpool is in talks with DC to make a Lobo movie
>>
>>68250294

Based Nu-Lobo.
>>
>>68247659
The DCuck store called. They're running out of you.
>>
>>68250306
>You don't recut movies so they are better?

I don't suffer from autism, so no.

also I don't drink so I get a huge disgusting beer gut, I execise, I even lift and smoke superior weed.
>>
File: I beg your pardon.png (910 KB, 1630x719) Image search: [Google]
I beg your pardon.png
910 KB, 1630x719
>>68248323
>>68248352
What fucking North Korean-run, 1984esque movie theatres do you guys frequent? You have to pay to exit? Are you held prisoner if you don't have the money?
>>
They should just get Marvel to do their cinematic universe at this point.

Truthfully the Civil War movie doing so well is because the journey to get here started in 2008 with Iron Man. Audiences have watched and grown accustomed to these characters for over 7 years. You think it's surprising that DC trying to do in one movie that took Marvel 7 years to achieve is doing badly?
>>
>>68250346
Well I had sex with your wife!
>>
File: make capekino great again.png (42 KB, 658x377) Image search: [Google]
make capekino great again.png
42 KB, 658x377
>>
File: 1439654398211.jpg (792 KB, 3264x2353) Image search: [Google]
1439654398211.jpg
792 KB, 3264x2353
>>68250273
Civil war may not have an adult style

But it has adult substance

BvS has no substance my lack of dubs proves this
>>
>>68250267
>I bet you If I cut it from the Directors cut the movie will be %5 less retarded

What was Lex's master plan? "He didn't have one." is only an acceptable response if you don't mind being a retard.
>>
>>68245764
I'm not sure how or why, but I'm sure it's the jews
>>
>>68248416
They really don't. My dad who grew up on the Lou Ferigno Hulk show didn't know if it was DC or Marvel.

This gets even more confusing for normies when you factor in Sony and Fox making marvel movies that aren't part of the MCU.
>>
>>68250369
>I don't suffer from autism
And Movie editors do?
>I even lift and smoke superior weed
>also I don't drink so I get a huge disgusting beer gut
Do you only Lift? seriously do you forget how to after smoking weed how many braincells do you have left?
>>
>>68250440
>But it has adult substance

no, it doesn't, its been confirmed that Cap doesn't really die, so again with the fake stakes

and the bad guy is still evil Mc Evil, the conflict is literally good guys vs bad guys at the end of the day

your dubs confirm
>>
>>68250467
>And Movie editors do?

you are not a movie editor, just some autistic fuck with too much free time
>>
>>68250488
>its been confirmed that Cap doesn't really die

Source? That's lame if true.
>>
>>68245764

>Marvel pays off writers for good reviews
>Marvel pays off writers to trash BvS to keep all eyes on the MCU
>>
>>68250445
Lex's Master plan was to find away to destroy superman because he was jealous, after he was enlightened by the Krypton knowledge he found, he knew Darkseid was coming and he knew about the old gods and such his plan was then to test Superman and Batman by releasing Doomsday
>>
>>68250535
>Marvel is the Illuminati
>Marvel is the NWO
>Marvel is everywhere
>Marvel pays everyone
>Marvel is you
>>
>>68250588
Yes. Me, me, me.
>>
>>68250542
What was his plan after doomsday won, uncontrollably tore through half the planet and left it completely crippled for darkseids arrival?
>>
>>68250508
>just some autistic fuck with too much free time
Jee wiz I really thought when I opened up movie files and cut pieces from the movie and replacing sound that counted as editing a file and the movie as a whole but apparently now that you've pointed out with your inferior stoner degenerate brain that what I'm doing is not "Movie Editing" that I will accept being as Autistic as you are.

Seriously it takes like 4 hours to brush up a movie max.. mostly colour correction like the ones you see for MoS and even cutting scenes is the simplest thing, are you really that brain dead from lifting those 2kg granny weights so much?
>>
>>68250535

more like Disney.

it sounds like something they would do, even shit movies like Age of Ultron and Force Awakens are getting good reviews
>>
>>68250616
I'm pretty sure his money was on Superman and Batman teaming up
>>
File: rip dc.png (58 KB, 447x303) Image search: [Google]
rip dc.png
58 KB, 447x303
Another easy billion for Marvel.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 750x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 750x255
>>68250535
Honestly though remember you guys this wouldn't be the first time Marvel pulls a dirty move on DC
>>
>>68250616
Does he look like a guy with a plan?
>>
>>68250386
M S M G A
S
M
G
A
>>
>>68250676
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/13/captain-america-civil-war-makes-superhero-movies-great-again.html

>It’s most unfortunate for Warner Bros. that, at its core, Civil War explores the same existential themes as Batman v Superman—only far better articulated, and with fewer mommy issues (spoiler: No Marthas die on the Avengers’ watch… that we know of). Instead of two lone superman-children trading blows in the rain, Civil War’s ensemble is made up of grown people wrestling with grown-people problems in the light of day, negotiating their conflicting worldviews in the name of living and working together.
>>
>>68246835
I bet your mom's name is Martha.
>>
>>68250631
>Seriously it takes like 4 hours to brush up a movie max

gee, I wonder what autism is!

unless you are working making movies, all you are doing is being a retard.

like nobody would even notice if they dind't saw the movie, so whats the point?

wanking ove how amazing you are at editing?
you probably are shit at it too!

chances are that you ruined a lot of movie for your friends because you don't have anything better to do
>>
>>68250701
>Batman develops a strategy of many obstacles to slow down superman to give him enough time in attempt to use the gas to weaken his cells
>Civil """"War"""" has the characters punch each other in a car park
>>
>>68250542
>his plan was then to test Superman and Batman by releasing Doomsday

You're making this up. This is literally fanfiction. Nowhere in this 2.5 hour-long movie is such a notion even hinted at.
>>
>>68250542
Or, maybe, just maybe Lex was planning on Supes killing the Bat and Doomsday was always just a backup plan, an "alien threat" for him to throw at the Justice League he put together?
>>
>>68250542

no you retard, the plan was to kill superman using doomsday and then kill doomsday with the kryptonite.

then Batman stole it so he decided to create a plan to make them fight, so supes would kill the bat
>>
>>68250701

I'll take "I got paid to write this" for $10,000
>>
>>68250672
Interesting. I'm of the belief that there's two movies here. An original BvS which, after the fight, heads off to a confrontation with lex and a second shoehorned DoJ where, after the fight, the tone suddenly changes and every decision merely exists to build the wider universe and secondary elements like Lex's motivations are the casualty of a rather broad hatchet job of pushing the two together.
>>
File: 1460007685532.jpg (56 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
1460007685532.jpg
56 KB, 540x800
>>68250534
Its not a matter of who dies. Its a matter of the stakes. A person in prison is a statement.

Also dubs only matter in regards to the last digit
>>
>>68245764
>>68245764
Bitch, those are the first critics.
I will eventually go down to settle between 85 and 95
>>
>>68250843
>kill superman using doomsday and then kill doomsday with the kryptonite.

Why not cut the middle man and just kill superman with the kryptonite? Superman doesn't know what the fuck kryptonite is or does, just create a situation that would attract superman and have the kryptonite in your coat pocket. Boom, no more superman.
>>
>>68250757
Yeah. That bathroom sink was some top notch strategy right there.
>>
>>68250984

because this is science man Luthor, is not just about killing Superman, is about understanding Kryptonian tech in order to improve humanity
>>
Money changing hands to assure that a larger corporation doesn't end up as Goliath? Well, gosh darn it, consider me stunned! How could anyone even consider the idea! We live in a totally corruption free world, that has overcome such stupidity and greed.

I mean come on, as 'bad' as people are making it out, BvS has reviewed by the actual audience as above average. Even on RT, 69% isn't a particularly amazing score, but having two thirds of the audience leaving happy and looking forwards to more is pretty good.

Frankly, I'm glad both are good, as I like to go watch both. I prefer the DC setting, but the MCU is pretty good McCinema. Sure, I don't get much out of it, or retain much investment, in the long term - but the movies area good time with friends, and worth having on my DVD rack.

Roll on Civil War. Roll on Suicide Squad.
>>
>>68251010
That was just to finish him off and ridicule him, duh
Then again, how did you like cap being resurrected after 2 hours of quips and 2 minutes of "tony is sad" monologue
>>
>>68250984
Because killing him isn't the entirety of Lex's plan. First he needed to make a "menace" of him. He planned on doing that through having him kill Bruce.

Then Lex introduces his pet heroes, the Justice League™! He's even got personal symbols already made up for them so he can commercially "brand" them at some point.
>>
This happened with Age of Ultron as well buy the ratings went down as more reviews came out. In other words learn how fucking RT works before you go sperging out like a fucking retard
>>
>>68245764
Movie rivalry aside, how the fuck does capeshit, especially cap america, get such a high fucking rating? This is literally equating it with some of the best movies that have ever been created.
>>
>>68251137
habe you seen Ayer's analysis of the shining? Do you agree with it?
>>
>>68250002
>>68250050
>quips are worse than a nonsensical story
Age of ultron isn't really good, but if you compare it to bvs it comes out on top because bvs is legitimately bad
>>
>>68251010
>this is your entire defence
>muh redditlettermedia excuse
>>
>>68246705
DC's first 15 reviews were all rotten.
>>
>>68247118
That would make big guys betas.
Seems highly unlikely.
>>
>>68251198
Is that the moon landing crap? If so, no, I haven't seen it, and no, I don't need to. Apollo 11 happened, conspiracy nuts notwithstanding.
>>
>>68250294
New lobo? Fuck
>>
>>68250311
It better not by the new version of Lobo.
>>
>>68251243
so bvs went from a 0% to a 28%
does that mean cw will move from a 100% to a 72%?
>>
>>68251208
Are you implying that Ultron's story wasn't a disastrous mess? The plot of that movie is all over the goddamn place

shit, even AoU's editing was shit. it reminded me of David Lynch's Dune in that the whole movie felt like a hypnotic barrage of things happening with barely any room to breathe or register... like someone took a 4 hour movie and made a cliff's notes version with no regard for pacing or the audience's sanity

honestly, my viewing of BvS felt like deja vu. like Ultron all over again. The idea that somehow Ultron "works" and BvS doesn't is fucking ludicrous to me.
>>
>>68245764

Youre totally right OP. Considering this is the 100th time in the lost 24 hour that this image has been posted, Id say bravo.

You really have pointed out what calibre of pathetic shithole tv is and Im embarrassed to have wasted my time on this site shared with lunatics, purists, contrarians and literal faggots, who are incapable of original thought and parrot everything their beloved RT says.

Not to mention the irony of joking about MARVEL vs DC like virgin wars 2.0

Im out.
>>
>>68250328

>based
>looks like a metro fag

I thought Lobo had wild hair and was like a grey skinned scary biker type guy
>>
File: 1397938319371.jpg (10 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1397938319371.jpg
10 KB, 224x225
dubs
>>
>>68251688
This is now a dubs get thread

Checked
>>
File: 2016-04-12_17.31.47.jpg (36 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-12_17.31.47.jpg
36 KB, 480x480
>>68251688
Checked
>>
File: 1460563099725.png (289 KB, 488x517) Image search: [Google]
1460563099725.png
289 KB, 488x517
>>68251744
>>
File: wowzers.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wowzers.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>68251744
Checked
>>
>>68250701
>Civil War’s ensemble is made up of grown people wrestling with grown-people problems

Oh my god, hahahaha
>>
>>68250002
And this is factually inaccurate is you objectively analyze the majority of his dialogue. You just chose to ignore when he was being serious and remembered when he wasn't. As this is your primary criticism you're wrong. And even if that was true it doesn't make the movie bad it just means you dont like it.
>>
File: everything_I_say.jpg (32 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
everything_I_say.jpg
32 KB, 800x600
It's a conspiracy to increase clicks and visits on rotten tomatoes by fueling the retarded fanboys of both DC and Marvel. You know it's true.
>>
People seem to be enjoying the airport scene.
Where is your False God now?
>>
>>68251744
can i get dubs?
>>
>>68252251
No, you are not worthy.
>>
File: learnthedifference.jpg (612 KB, 1111x1021) Image search: [Google]
learnthedifference.jpg
612 KB, 1111x1021
Captain America: Civil War

100% 8.8 score

>Tear away the powers, abilities and egos, though, and the third Captain America movie is at its core a deep exploration of friendship and family and what sacrifices should be made to hold onto both.

>The most mature and substantive picture to have yet emerged from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

>Finally, a big budget superhero sequel that manages to be both effortlessly entertaining and utterly sobering, instead of just one of those things-or, as we've endured too frequently in the past, neither of them. (Looking at you, Batman v Superman.)

>This is the best Marvel movie so far. This is not hyperbole. I have my doubts they can make anything better.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

29% 4.9 score

>Batman v Superman is a tiresome, ill-tempered film, and one too lazy even to earn its dismal outlook.

>If only the film actually had depth, along with a little levity to lighten the bulk in the script, the visual murk and the sonic overkill.

>It's freighted not so much with entertainment value as it is with enough talk of fallen gods, absent parents, and dissolute heroes to fuel a Greek tragedy. And ... director Zack Snyder seems convinced that that's what he's making.

>A ponderous, smothering, over-pixelated zeppelin crash of a movie scored by a choir that sounds like it's being drowned in lava..

https://youtu.be/gYKeQczkFfM?list=LLjXIscsnxsrQJk0YOsKcdGg
>>
>>68245764
>people like OP exist somewhere
>people who actually, unironically, give the slightest amount of fucks about capeshit

that said OP is probably trolling or falseflagging
>>
>>68251363
I'd put it at high 80s to low 90's when it's all said and done
>>
>>68245764
It's called meme magic. Memes becoming reality is one of the first noticeable signs of the coming shift. The ascension.
>>
File: 1447880106778.jpg (31 KB, 385x579) Image search: [Google]
1447880106778.jpg
31 KB, 385x579
>>68252310
>the internet is making humans into psykers
>>
>>68245764

>think OP's image is an edit
>check RT
>it's legit

what the actual fuck. I knew Civil War would be good, but this is just impossible
>>
>>68252310
>>68252328
More airplanes will be crashed.
>>68252345
There are very few reviews at this point though, it will drop.
>>
Well at least we've got Ben Afflecku to make a Batkino, right`The perfect Batman, right?
>>
>>68252412
Yes, anon. Surely people will be hyped for yet another "It was Jason Todd all along" twist.
>>
>>68252412
nice tits
>>
>>68249875
holy shit this movie must be amazing then
>>
>>68252457
We haven't had a real live action Robin since those shumakr shit films I'm pretty hyped
>>
>>68252457

Considering 90% of people who will see this film have no idea just who the fuck Jason Todd is I don't see it making a difference
>>
this is gonna be like captain america 2. well directed action scenes, interesting storyline (for capeshit), and something that actually advances the cinemaverse to compel the audience to continue watching marvel films

its all you need and bvs couldnt do those 3 simple fucking things
>>
>>68252518
I keep forgetting what silly creatures normies are.
>>
I suggest you DC fags kill yourselves before Justice League movie drops

It'll save you a lot of pain
>>
File: 1453916368611.jpg (13 KB, 146x246) Image search: [Google]
1453916368611.jpg
13 KB, 146x246
>>68245764
>things can NOT be this lopsided. They just can't.
>it's impossible that shitty writers and a shitty director made a movie nobody liked
>it's impossible that good writers and a good director made a movie everybody liked
>it just can't be
>>
>>68252537

It's just a movie anon. To be honest if you consider yourself any kind of "companyfag" you should kill yourself
>>
File: 1430500037797.jpg (48 KB, 487x539) Image search: [Google]
1430500037797.jpg
48 KB, 487x539
>>68250701
/tv/ absolutely btfo

fucking amazing

DCucks, I feel so sorry for you. You picked the wrong side.
>>
I can't wait to see how many critics compare it to BvS
>>
>>68248027
Cuck
>>
>>68250082
>cap never fought Nazis
>Tony was never alcoholic

This is weak bait
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 564x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 564x314
>>68249974
>>
>>68250019
That's not how rotten tomatoes works
>>
>>68252992

Not him. But Tony wasn't an alcoholic. He had a drink a couple of times but it was never shown as a problem.
>>
File: 1456868766590.gif (554 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1456868766590.gif
554 KB, 295x221
>>68252613
>You are now aware that there are manchildren like this
>people who pick sides in comics. Literally two megacorporations and these people shill their favourite
>people who actually wait and """"hype""""" these braintumor movies.
>>
>>68250488
>my dad works at Disney
>>
>>68250535
>Marvel pays off writers to write a good movie
>>
>>68253233
The fiends! That's hardly sporting now is it?
>>
File: dc-fan.jpg (4 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
dc-fan.jpg
4 KB, 125x115
DELETE THIS THREAD RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
>>68251072
>/tv/ leak being true
>>
>>68253125
yeah, just realized I misunderstood
Thought he was saying that he isn't an alcoholic in the comics
>>
>>68245792
>I-I can't say how it's real
>p-pls believe me
You're like tumblr with their rape, accusations, making these stupid unsubstantiated allegationws.
>>
>>68247420
It has 8.8 score on RT
>>
>>68245868
The 1st 2 90s bats & 1st 2 70s supes were fuckin awesome though
>>
>>68250019
It has 5.5/10 on RT

Learn to read
>>
>>68245792
>>68253483
It's not direct shekel bribe. If you give Disney shit reviews you won't be invited to screenings/interviews, and if you do get invited you'll be treated like a king.
>>
>>68250159
>muh dark shots look better
>>
>>68245764
Critics are biased.That's just how it is. Civil war is probbaly a good movie, but not THAT good. And BvS is a bad movie, but not THAT bad. However, most critics today are Gen Y manchildren who take part in this console war-tier bullshit, and that's why the ratings are so extreme
>>
Snyder movies usually get shit reviews, BVS did not live up to its own hype in any way, it was also a sequel to the critically panned MOS. WS was capekino, everyone blew their load over it, the same people made CW. It's not really that strange if people are also blowing their load over that.

One can assume the movie delivers what it promises in the trailers, that alone is enough to satisfy most of the audience.

Also Spiderman. Normies love that Spidey.
>>
>>68253673
>i-if I keep pretending my corporate overlord is a saint while making baseless accusations against the enemy corporate overlord people will believe and respect
I admire the level of delusion you have reached
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 300x279
>>68245804

Leave Marvel to me.
>>
>>68253736
>0.05 MickeyShekels ™ has been deposited into your Disney Shekel Box ®
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.