[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Disney /tv/ Are they really paying critics and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: Mickey_Mouse[1].png (70 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Mickey_Mouse[1].png
70 KB, 250x250
Redpill me on Disney /tv/

Are they really paying critics and pandering to preconditioned hordes of manchildren?
>>
>>68243821
You're retarded.
>>
Disney is notorious for underpaying employees
>>
>>68243821
Yes
>>68243928
Here is a shill.
Learn to identify shills it may save you.
>>
File: 1422642244931.jpg (538 KB, 812x1024) Image search: [Google]
1422642244931.jpg
538 KB, 812x1024
>>68243928
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 640x640
>>68243821
Here's every reason Marvel gets high ratings, in order of importance:

>Marvel/Disney makes movies for children
essentially forces critics to rate the film based on whether or not it can distract a toddler
>disney can afford better press junkets because they've earned more money.
this is actually fair. WB can and does do the same thing
>critics are assailed by "why do you hate FUN" types when panning capeshit more than any other genre
A lot of them have resigned themselves to essentially writing negative reviews with the qualifier that you'll like it if you're a fan--which makes it a red tomato on an aggregated website 9/10 times

the reason WB gets lower reviews:
>WB makes movies aimed at grownups.
this can be problematic (for lack of a better word) for them because superheroes are inherently childish. Only Nolan had a good enough touch to make it mature yet fun
>zack snyder
He is a hack. I'm not gonna lie, Watchmen was an honest to god "film", but it stands alone in his oeuvre. He's devastatingly self indulgent and it shows. Strip him of any good source material and you get sucker punch, a film that is a good litmus test for finding self described "film buffs" with who get suckered by any dogshit movie with pretentions of symbolism
>third acts
The third acts in snyder's films are no better than Marvel's CGI shitfests. Again, Nolan's films were too well recieved to claim critics are being PAID to wreck WB--the writers simply see that WB is trying to have their cake and eat it too. You can't sell your film as a profound character study and have it devolve into another climax of things crashing into other things. Consider nolan's bombastic yet restrained third acts: a city going through mass panic, a tower with hostages, and the most cartoonish involves a group of cops fighting thugs while batman carries a nuke. There is no overabundance of CGI, there is no 9/11 disaster that gets ignored like it was a video game.
>>
jews yadi yada more jews, manchildren, jews, money, pedophilia, DCucks, dude LMAO, Star Wars

is this enough to convince you OP?
>>
>>68243821
>Are they really paying critics

The truly disturbing thing is they don't need to.
>>
File: jerusalemland[1].jpg (37 KB, 480x351) Image search: [Google]
jerusalemland[1].jpg
37 KB, 480x351
>>
>>68246555
/thread
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.