[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did critics hate this? It's perfect.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
Why did critics hate this? It's perfect.
>>
I've never understood the hate for either this or Cat in the Hat

I thought both Carrey and Myers were hilarious
>>
They did? My VHS copy had a load of quotes on the cover saying it was great.
>>
wtf? i hate the critics now
>>
File: Bebe01.png (231 KB, 304x366) Image search: [Google]
Bebe01.png
231 KB, 304x366
>>
>>68243828
I wasn't a huge fan of the grinch, Im just not a huge fan of Carry in general I guess, but I liked Cat in the hat. It was so ridiculous that it worked on pure ridiculousness alone, which is pretty much the charm of Seuss so it all came together. Grinch was similar, but I think Meyers just has a more Seuss style of ridiculous which just worked better imo, whereas Carry is a bit too zany
>>
critics were a lot less important when it came out

I never met anyone that hated it
>>
Bendydick Cuminsnatch is playing the Grinch in the animated movie. Should have just done another live-action desu, they wouldn't have even needed to do the prosthetics.
>>
>>68244289
t b h with you fampai, they really just didnt need to make another one at all. seriously
>>
>>68243828
Cat in the Hat is complete fucking garbage.
>>
>>68243954
>>68243987
Critics also hated Mouse Hunt.
I don't understand what's wrong with either movie.
>>
>>68243803
>see cartoon first
>have it settle in mind for years.
>see jim splerging out over character from earlier youth.
>dropped
>>
File: Cat - Remember me.webm (2 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Cat - Remember me.webm
2 MB, 1080x608
>>68244469
>>
>>68243803

For me to poop on
>>
>>68243803
Because it was completely unnecessary
>>
>>68244469
Woah take it easy anon
>>
>>68245236
technically every movie is unnecessary
>>
Well, maybe it's because the live action Grinch had some stupid plot about bullying and shit that had NOTHING to do with the original story?
>>
I loved both as a kid, although I only got to see parts of Cat at a Drive-In with my parents.

I liked Grinch purely because of Carrey, he's the only actor I probably could remember his name when I was young.
>>
>>68243803
Cindy Lou Who was my first waifu
Shame she's batshit insane these days.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.