[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was the barely 90 minute movie on the left praised more than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: animated v live action.png (1 MB, 1640x469) Image search: [Google]
animated v live action.png
1 MB, 1640x469
why was the barely 90 minute movie on the left praised more than the 155 minute movie on the right
>>
Because the 90 minute movie is good
>>
>>67487074
>>67487043
Justice League War is fucking awful. I dont understand how you can watch it and think to yourself what you're seeing is fine. I haven't seen Batman v Superman, I know people say its a mess, but I doubt it could be worse. People say Batman v Superman noticably feels like the thirty minutes was cut but JLW feels like an additional 90 minutes is needed because it moves so fast yet has no good characters or central plot. You cant form the Justice League in such a short amount of time, the comic book its based on took twelve issues to do it if I recall correctly and it was pretty shit too.
>>
Batman vs Superman was done best in Dark Knight Returns.
>>
>>67487043
Because Zack Snyder and David Goyer were involved with the one on the right and not the one on the left.
>>
Cause the left wasn't trying to be pretentious or try hard and played to its strengths
>>
File: jla+morrison[1].jpg (83 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
jla+morrison[1].jpg
83 KB, 400x600
>>67487190
>the comic book its based on took twelve issues to do it if I recall correctly and it was pretty shit too
>based Morrison did it in four
>>
>>67487403
>comparing these shitty movies to a literal wizard
>>
File: 1456785227565.png (270 KB, 540x359) Image search: [Google]
1456785227565.png
270 KB, 540x359
>Capeshit
>good
>especially in cartoon form
>>
>>67487190
I don't absolutely hate JL War, but it wasn't very good either. The Supes/Bats battle at the start was sadly the best part. The battle in the city, Apokolips invasion, boring things like 52 origin for Cyborg & co. ... even Darkseid being first boss to fight... It was all pretty meh and the 52 comics were kinda meh about the same thing. World's Finest and Assault on Arkham were both better projects.
>>
Can we all agree Doom and G&M were the best?
I still need to watch unbound and TTvJL
>>
Why are DC capeshit so bad? Not to sound like Marvelfag, I hate it almost as much, but at least their characters have some charm and flexibility. DC is literally
>IM SUPERMAN IM GOOD GUY
>IM BATMAN I BROOD ALOT
>IM FLASH I GO FAST
It's so painfully dull
>>
>>67487043
war is a rare mmiss in dcau which is normally god tier.

dcau>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dctv>dceu
>>
>>67487717
Oh I forgot about flashpoint, that is the best of them all
>>
because runtime and media style have nothing to do with a work's quality
>>
>>67487825
Try watching Superman vs the Elite
>>
they were both shit.

batman mostly only works in solo stories. i know people love TDKR but i don't think it's that great, probably as good as you're gonna get in a cross over. and snyder blew it.
>>
>>67487825
>their characters have some charm

i hate every character of marvel and dc
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.