[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I feel fear for the last time Will Marvel ever produce kinography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13
File: Dr Manhattan.jpg (117 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
Dr Manhattan.jpg
117 KB, 1280x534
>I feel fear for the last time

Will Marvel ever produce kinography of this caliber?
>>
>I feel fear for the last time and think to myself, well THIS isn't how I planned to spend my Friday night!

Marvl'd that for you, FAMilio Estevez.
>>
>>68239657
Kek
>>
Has Alan Moore ever written anything for Marvel? No.
>>
>>68239524
>explicitly stating your character doesn't feel fear so there can't even be emotional tension left in your invulnerable superhero

classic shit DC writing, try making some relatable characters for once
>>
>>68239524
>comparing Hack Snyder's slow-motion-as-stand-in-for-comic-panel exact adaptation of a self-contained graphic novel to franchise capeshit flicks

it was still a misfire as an adaptation of the comic, too. all he had to do was point the camera at people recreating comic panels, but he managed to fuck up the tone and lighting, not to mention totally change the ending
>>
>>68239524
No, that's not what Marvel is about.
>>
>yea thats me right there
RECORD SCRATCH
>I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation well let me move freely backwards and forwards through time and explain it to you as time no longer has any meaning for me.
>>
>>68239758
Say what you want about the movie as a whole, but the entire Dr Manhattan sequence was perfect.
>>
>>68239758
Alan "The Cuck" Moore still salty that Zack has a better ending that that terrible Squid

Alan was better when he was stealing other people's work. He's the led zepplin of comics
>>
>>68239870
the squid was based, would have instantly bumped the movie up from 6/10 to 9/10
>>
>>68239731
>I need to be able to relate to characters because anything not like me is bad
>>
>>68239870
Alan hasn't even seen the movie. He just doesn't care about it.
>>
>>68239713
A great captain Britain run actually, and miracle man wasn't originally for marvel, but they have it now...
>>
>>68239758
Didn't he use actual comic panels from the book as storyboards?
>>
>>68239870
the squid worked within the material, please don't be obscene.

of course, with cutting the entire "isle of artists" arc snyder had to come up with something else and i feel he did adequate. i have no favorite between the endings as they both do their job more or less the same, maybe with a bit different meaning behind them.
>>
>>68239891
It would have been memorable, I'll give you that.

Even when I read the comic years ago I thought it was kind of lame. I didn't mind because everything else in the comic was pretty good.
>>
Beautiful sequence, one of the best in Capekinography
>>
>>68239713

Yes but it was all about 30 years ago and mostly revolved around Capt. Britain and wasn't very good.
>>
>>68239870
Anyone who hates the squid didn't actually understand the comic.
>>
>>68239934
>great
not really. More "fun" than great.
Besides Swamp Thing (and watchmen) Alan's work for the Big Two is grossly overrated .
>>
>>68240036
Swamp thing was REALLY fucking good though.
>>
>>68240021
Agreed. It works in context as an absurd but fitting deus-ex-machina
>>
>>68239524
the fuck ? this is DC now ? how do you even tell this shit apart ?
>>
>>68239713
moore is kind of an overrated hack. anything wrong with the watchmen movie is basically HIS fault.
>>
the trailer was pure kino

not the actual movie
>>
>>68240021
>understand the comic

Please stop this meme.
>>
The changes Snyder made were better than the original content.

The soundtrack was awfully misplaced.

9/10
>>
File: Supreme-042-00fc.jpg (527 KB, 982x1522) Image search: [Google]
Supreme-042-00fc.jpg
527 KB, 982x1522
>>68240036
Reminder that his Supreme run could essentially be considered one of Superman's greatest runs. Plays almost like a longer more thorough All Star Superman. There's a torrent.
>>
>>68239731
>be a literal god that can create life or destroy anything with the power of his mind
>nothing can hurt you since you can reform yourself out of energy
>expected to feel fear
whats it like to be so retarded at reading characters?
>>
>>68239870
>squid
>terrible

Personally, I think the Manhattan energy bomb worked better because it was more thematically relevant, but the squid looked way better. Those few pages of the carnage were creepy and mesmerizing.
>>
>>68239657
Marvel cucks BTFO
>>
>>68240076
>>68240103
the dr. manhattan sequence is pure, non-meme KINO. fast forward the rest
>>
>>68239801

underrated post
>>
>>68239524
Honestly I loved this movie, every moment, it's almost perfect to me. Later Snyder movies are so-so but this one was so perfect.
>>
>>68240126
>Mr. Manhattan turns big and flies around Vietnam killing gooks
>"It Ain't Me" starts playing
>>
>>68239870
Alan hasn't even seen the movie.
>>
>>68240132
Supreme is great (despite not having a proper ending)

Too bad Alan didn't come back and do the last issue that larsen did. It was okay but I'd prefer to see his work on it.

Alan's two superman stories were okay (really overated) but his supreme work was amazing. Too bad DC went with Byrne for the reboot instead of Alan

Supes could have been spared the decades of crap.
>>
>>68240126
>The soundtrack was awfully misplaced.
on purpose ;)
>>
>>68240132
is this Liefeld's work ? god, comics are awful
>>
>>68240242
He went to see it with his wife's girlfriend
>>
>>68239758
>fuck up the tone
meme opinion that is also false

>inb4 b-b-b--b-b-b-but le fight scenes were too le choreographed XD
>>
>>68240126
>The soundtrack was awfully misplaced.
Actually playing "All ALong the Watchtower" as build up for the final showdown was great.

And I'll forever maintain that the intro to the movie is the best superhero film ANYTHING.
>>
File: 1459473288029.jpg (48 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1459473288029.jpg
48 KB, 500x374
Why did Veidt have Bubastis if he wasn't doing genetic engineering experiments to create a giant psychic monster? He doesn't seem the type to create an entire creature out of nothing for a laugh when he could be working on saving the world 35 minutes ago...
>>
this thread, like many before me, give me the feeling that everyone agrees watchmen was fucking amazing, some just don't want to admit they liked it.
>>
File: dr-manhattan-thinking-on-mars.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dr-manhattan-thinking-on-mars.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>I don't like the squid
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (7 KB, 174x169) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
7 KB, 174x169
>>68239657
>>
File: supreme with professor night.jpg (404 KB, 600x616) Image search: [Google]
supreme with professor night.jpg
404 KB, 600x616
>>68240282
It's not, but it's purposefully and self consciously in that 90s Liefeld style, usually half of the book is in a different style/period suiting a flashback.
>>
>>68239870
Look, I'm a big fan of the movie and Snyder, but let's not kid ourselves. The squid worked in the graphic novel, it's meant to symbolize an external threat. Why would the Soviets (who view Doc Manhattan as a US "imperialist weapon") immediately side with the Americans after being attacked by Doc? It would work if days or weeks had passed since the attack and the US confirmed Doc went rogue, but they go from "Imma nuke you" to best buddies in literally 15 minutes.
A giant alien squid from outer space, albeit over-the-top and borderline parody, works since it's not of this world. Neither the Americans or the Soviets would have reasons to doubt its extra-terrestrial origins.
I understand why it was changed in the film because this could never work if you want your audience to take the film seriously, then again Moore himself stated way back in the 80s that Watchmen "cannot be made a film".
>>
>>68240369
DUDE FAN SERVICE LMAO
>>
File: frank quitely-alan moore.jpg (530 KB, 1048x1500) Image search: [Google]
frank quitely-alan moore.jpg
530 KB, 1048x1500
>>68240444
>Look, I'm a big fan of the movie and Snyder, but let's not kid ourselves. The squid worked in the graphic novel, it's meant to symbolize an external threat. Why would the Soviets (who view Doc Manhattan as a US "imperialist weapon") immediately side with the Americans after being attacked by Doc?

>A giant alien squid from outer space, albeit over-the-top and borderline parody, works since it's not of this world. Neither the Americans or the Soviets would have reasons to doubt its extra-terrestrial origins.

trips confirm my thoughts exactly
>>
>>68240369
I was always under the impression that Adrian had Bubastis created because he wanted to fuck it.
>>
>>68240444
because Manhattan blew up american cities too (right? I haven't seen the movie when it came out)

I get the Alan Moore stealing the plot from outer limits well enough. It was just kind of goofy when I read the book.
>>
>>68240381
I liked it as it's own thing, but it's awful as an adaptation.

The one thing I liked changed was the atmosphere, where it went from a more down to earth, utilitarian art style to very intentional late 80s-90s "dark and leather" visual style, clearly invoking Batman 89 and Batman & Robin/Forever.
>>
>>68240517
this, it's implied
>>
>>68240511
>also psychics exist and are real

well that was a bit out of nowhere alan.
>>
>>68239801
zoz'd hard, thanks anon
>>
>>68240534
The US would still get the blame for simplying having the guy on their payroll and working with him.
>>
>the squid was lame

Yeah, okay, I get it. The issue with Snyder's Dr Manhattan twist is the fact that no matter what Ozymandias could have pinned on Manhattan, he was still a symbol of american imperialism. The point of the squid was to garner sympathy for the US and create a true external threat unrelated to any of the factions of the Cold War. Dr Manhattan might've been the perfect boogeyman if it weren't for the whole "God is real, and he's AMERICAN" thing. Dr Manhattan blowing up central New York, Moscow and several other major cities would still have had the blame fall on the US. He was their pet, their creation, Ozymandias' actions could never change that.
>>
>>68239524
Will DC?
>>
File: inverted locations.png (2 MB, 1798x1090) Image search: [Google]
inverted locations.png
2 MB, 1798x1090
>>68239850
No it isn't
the fucking hack fucked it up too
>>
>>68240339

The intro is amazing... Hallelujah during the sex scene was terrible
>>
> all this hate for the squid

I honestly have no idea where you guys are coming from. "Hiroshima with bodies" is an incredible aesthetic, much more interesting than some sterile blue explosion.
>>
>>68240534
Because that's how the Cold War was.
The US and Russia were not on friendly terms at the time and both had reasons to mistrust eachother.
Nixon could say "hey he attacked our cities as well" but how can the Soviets be sure it's not a ruse? Satellite pictures were not as advanced as they are now and the Americans wouldn't let Soviet officers investigate on American soil just because.
>>
*record scratch*

SO MAYBE YOU ARE WONDERING HOW I GOT IN THIS TEST CHAMBER

BUT FIRST LETS GO BACK

*shows film of baby manhattan*

TOO FAR
>>
>>68240757
hahahahah deadpool reference
>>
>>68240659

If you can't understand why that isn't a fuck up then you are really severely mentally ill without question. You should be in a straitjacket.
>>
>>68240705
It was meant to be ironic, pleb. Sorry Snyder is too deep for you.
>>
>>68240795
lmoafamalamsenpaiomgloll
>>
>>68240757
you're joking but that's exactly what happens in the comics
they cut the stuff with the fatman breaking the watch didn't they?
>>
>>68240246
For the man who has everything was pretty good. The cartoon adaptation was great.
>>
>>68240659
>Say circulatory system
>show nervous system

Snyder in charge of basic human anatomy, and it's not like he can go to the comics as an excuse because in addition to mixing the fucking scenes up Moore has it right
>>
File: Black Panther Strikes.webm (2 MB, 1264x692) Image search: [Google]
Black Panther Strikes.webm
2 MB, 1264x692
>>
>>68239850
Agreed. It's simultaneously heartbreaking and horrifying.
>>
File: poetry.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
>>68240339
>Outside in the cold distance
>A wildcat did growl
>Two riders were approaching
>And the wind began to howl

BRAVO SNYDER
R
A
V
O

S
N
Y
D
E
R
>>
>>68239524
>Will Marvel ever produce kinography of this caliber?

No, Disney's priority is paying critics.

https://es.scribd.com/doc/308457900/Tweet-List
>>
MCucks can shit talk Snyder all they want. The opening of Watchmen and the entire Dr. Manhattan sequence are so far above any of the shit they've ever done it's not even funny. Pure Kino of the highest order.
>>
>>68241928
>Rambo II
holy shit I never saw that
>>
>>68242015
i hope that one day i will encounter someone that talks like this in real life
>>
>>68241928
it works because the book did it too.
>>
>>68242015
Since when did they let they mentally ill have access to the internet.

Please have your handler explain to you that the trees subreddit is more fitting for people of your edgy taste.
>>
>>68240810

fuck off with this meme
>>
Theatical Cut or Director's Cut or Ultimate Cut?
>>
>>68241962
can someone explain this to me?
>>
>>68241962
Anon I think you tinfoil hat is on too tight
>>
>>68240862
Never cared much for that story . Well written but a basic superman take of the time.
Siegel's return to krypton was more emotional
>>
>>68239850
The manhattan sequence was prefect because it was a completely self-contained sequence from the comic. It was also the one and only case where snyder's scoring was remotely appropriate. It's a truly great sequence that even snyder could not fuck up.
>>
>>68239955
cutting artist isle and the squid also removes the cause of the comedian's mental breakdown.

So the comedian just breaks down for no reason.

Meaning the entire movie, every version, is a giant plot hole.
>>
>>68240828
Yes, they cut the bit about the watchmaker's father rejecting the entire profession because Einstein proved time was relative.

So manhattan making a giant glass clockwork palace on mars is completely pointless.
>>
File: okay whatever man.webm (623 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
okay whatever man.webm
623 KB, 1000x563
>>68239524
Thinking about this right now.

Why didn't they try to make this happen again to make more Dr. Manhattans?
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.